Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Some Perspectives on Losing

Jaguars' fans are now accustomed to losing week after week, year after year, decade after decade.  

Some fans express their frustrations on this board and others criticize them for their posts, but I thought I'd place the frustrations over losing into perspective with some quotations on losing.

"You can't blame your opponents for employing a strategy that beats your brains out with regularity."  Bill Clinton.  Or, in other words, "Look in the mirror, loser."

"You know what makes a good loser?  Practice."  Ernest Hemingway.  Or, in other words, "Losing begets losing."

"I hate to lose more than I like to win."  Larry Bird.  Or, in other words, "I hate to lose.  I hate to lose.  I hate to lose.  I hate to lose.  I HATE TO LOSE."

"Losing the election felt like the little boy who stubbed his toe in the dark and said, 'I was too old to cry, but it hurt too much to laugh.'"  Abraham Lincoln.  Or, in other words, "I hate to lose."

"Loss invites reflection and reformulating and a change of strategies. Loss hurts and bleeds and aches. Loss is always ready to call out your name in the night. Loss follows you home and taunts you at the breakfast table, follows you to work in the morning. You have to make accommodations and broker deals to soften the rabbit punches that loss brings to your daily life. You have to take the word 'loser' and add it to your resume and walk around with it on your name tag as it hand-feeds you your own [BLEEP] in dosages too large for even great beasts to swallow. The word 'loser' follows you, bird-dogs you, sniffs you out of whatever fields you hide in because you have to face things clearly and you cannot turn away from what is true."  Pat Conroy.  Or, in other words, "Never be a 'loser.'"

So, Jaguars' fans -- wear your frustration with losing with pride.  Never give up.  Never give in.  Never let anyone convince you to accept losing; to keep quiet; or to stop demanding a winner.

Once it stops hurting; once you stop caring; once you accept losing, it is time to move on.

Until then, remember, "I hate to lose.  I hate to lose.  I hate to lose."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well... At least we don't lose, next week.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

I agree. The fan base needs to stay passionate about it.

I think Gus realizes it's time for them to put together Ws.

Just watch him in his press conference.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

That's what people don't realize - when losing becomes acceptable, when the fanbase becomes apathetic and no longer shows up at the stadium, when people don't buy the merchandise, when they stop posting on the message boards - THAT is when the team has lost the fans. 

Fans should NOT accept this garbage on the field.  They SHOULD let their voices be heard.  

At least we came in second yesterday. :pinch:

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My wife landed a few free tickets to a Wine sampling (over 150 wines) scheduled for the Town Center from 3pm-6pm.   My 1st thought was the Jags play at 1pm, my 2nd thought was "sure, why not".

... can't wait until the offseason when everyone is 0-0 again and we can look forward to the draft and free agency. 

Aren't you sick of this every year?

I know I an... 8 weeks in and already looking to draft for another too pick...

But we do need top talent
Quote:My wife landed a few free tickets to a Wine sampling (over 150 wines) scheduled for the Town Center from 3pm-6pm. My 1st thought was the Jags play at 1pm, my 2nd thought was "sure, why not".

... can't wait until the offseason when everyone is 0-0 again and we can look forward to the draft and free agency.

I'm sure all Jags fans collectively threw their hands up in disgust at the muffed punt and the bomb to Dez just before halftime. If those two plays are removed, the game plays out much tighter in my opinion. Some of us are just better able to disconnect emotionally after the game is over and we also had proper expectations coming into the season of what to expect from a young and inexperienced team. We're going to win some more games this season I'm confident of that. It's the temporary mental lapses on offense, defense and special teams that directly lead to points for the other team that are killing us. Those will be less frequent with more experience and we'll see more competitive and even consistently winning football when that happens. I'm not sure what championing diarrhea of the mouth message board posts will accomplish. Unless you assume that Shad, Dave and Gus are reading what is posted here.