Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lowest Mathematical Draft Slot for Jags in 2015

Slightly different take on the draft position threads, most people look and say heading into Week 10 we currently have the the #2 draft choice.   After last week's lost, I was thinking "well, by now we must have clinched the 20th or 25th slot at worst."  

But it turns out not to be the case.  Because the Colts are 6-3, they could (in theory) implode and go 6-10 and the Jags at 8-8 would clinch the division.  Texans and Titans have to lose enough to get them to 9 losses which is also possible in theory.

So, bottom line is nothing is decided for certain yet.  We could have pick 32.

I'll update this thread. It appears the earliest Indy could eliminate the Jags is after week 12.

PS - Don't be stupid and post " Jags aren't going to win out".  Of course they're not.  This is about the lowest mathematical possibility.   

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That is indeed the most interesting part. This team is talented and playing well enough to rip off 4-5 straight wins like last year. However right now this fanbase needs hope more than a high draft position.

Now that Jags have lost, I believe a Indy win over New England next Sunday would eliminate the Jags from Division title and start the ball rolling. 

If we lose just one more game, I believe that 14th is the latest we could be picking.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

interesting thread.  Can we chart the likelihood vs lowest possible on a weekly basis? 

[Image: pickpossib.png]

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2014, 03:44 PM by tbgh.)

Ooh, pretty chart! I'm guessing each mark on the y-axis is .025 or .03?

Interesting that there's still a shot to make the playoffs even though there's no shot to be one of the better records not making the playoffs. (#17-19) Hurray for weak divisions!

Quote:If we lose just one more game, I believe that 14th is the latest we could be picking.  

IF?  :yucky:

This looks like a J Dub thread

Quote:This looks like a J Dub thread

[Image: 2a02cc0794df497abce4e850a0d38821.jpg]

Huh

Quote:This looks like a J Dub thread

Who is J Dub?

Quote:Who is J Dub?
you know what your other name is

Quote:you know what your other name is

Andrea, that's what. I have no others and everyone knows that.  Wallbash

Why does anybody call me J Dub or a variation of that knowing I hate it? Serious question - I will not stop asking until I get a serious answer!  :angry:

You better give her 100% honesty!!!
Huh

Quote:You better give her 100% honesty!!!

:thanks:

Quote:Andrea, that's what. I have no others and everyone knows that.  Wallbash

Why does anybody call me J Dub or a variation of that knowing I hate it? Serious question - I will not stop asking until I get a serious answer!  :angry:

It's a method to help you expand your perceptions beyond yourself and realize that it's not about you. The more you try to make it about you, the more of it you get.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:It's a method to help you expand your perceptions beyond yourself and realize that it's not about you. The more you try to make it about you, the more of it you get.

Well obviously that method did not work, but I understand your complaint.

I think the Jags end up picking at #3 and Caldwell will want to trade down.  Just my gut feeling on the matter. 

Quote:I think the Jags end up picking at #3 and Caldwell will want to trade down.  Just my gut feeling on the matter. 

Who do you think will be #2?