Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Irsay tried to court Gruden out of the booth

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2017, 11:50 AM by Jaguarmeister.)

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  14m14 minutes ago

<p style="font-size:16px;">Rumors true: Colts owner Jim Irsay did pursue Jon Gruden, but Gruden resisted overtures, league sources tell ESPN. Gruden staying in TV.

<div style="font-size:1px;"><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>44 replies</span></span><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>309 retweets</span></span><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>297 likes</span></span>

<div>
<div>Reply

<span>44</span>
</div>

<div>Retweet

<span>309</span>
</div>

<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
Like</div>

<span>297</span>
</div>

<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/820292882364059648' title="10:33 AM - 14 Jan 2017">15m15 minutes ago</a>

<p class="" style="font-size:16px;">Gruden denied discussions with Irsay, saying: “I know nothing. I’ve told people, I’m not coaching. I’m a broadcaster, I’m not a coach.”

<div style="font-size:1px;"><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>32 replies</span></span><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>101 retweets</span></span><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>142 likes</span></span>

<div>
<div>Reply

<span>32</span>
</div>

<div>Retweet

<span>101</span>
</div>

<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
Like</div>

<span>142</span>
</div>

<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  7m7 minutes ago

<p style="font-size:16px;">Jim Irsay’s run at Jon Gruden is another sign of state of his thinking. Irsay determined to do anything in his power to return Colts to SB.

<div style="font-size:1px;"><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>62 replies</span></span><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>113 retweets</span></span><span style="color:rgb(170,184,194);font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;margin-left:6px;"><span>135 likes</span></span>

<div>
<div>Reply

<span>62</span>
</div>

<div>Retweet

<span>113</span>
</div>

<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
Like</div>

<span>135</span>
</div>

<div>
<div>More
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Irsay is essentially a low information football fan in control of a franchise.  Whether this rumor is true or not, you can't ignore the things he has done and said over the past several years.  The fact that this rumor is instantly believable is part of the problem.  I have serious doubts they'll ever get back to the SB while he is at the helm as I don't think Luck will ever ascend to Manning's level.  I think Manning succeeded there in spite of Irsay, not because of any of his influence.  I don't think Luck, even though he's a good young QB, will be able to overcome Irsay.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Here's the signing bonus he offered Chucky.

[Image: pills1.jpg]

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

If I were Pagano I'd be pissed. Good enough to coach your team but not if "Big Name Guy:A" will do it. You're either on board w/ your coach or not.

Quote:If I were Pagano I'd be [BAD WORD REMOVED]. Good enough to coach your team but not if "Big Name Guy:A" will do it. You're either on board w/ your coach or not.

He should be thankful he has job.

Quote:He should be thankful he has job.

Hahaha. The dude would be a coordinator upgrade for half the teams in the league. He could go somewhere where he would be appreciated and in a better position to succeed, with a better run team.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Hahaha. The dude would be a coordinator upgrade for half the teams in the league. He could go somewhere where he would be appreciated and in a better position to succeed, with a better run team.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It would be hilarious to me if Chuck Pagano pulled the pin on that ungrateful drunk. Coupled with being stuck with one of the worst GM's in the league retirement with millions in the bank would sound real good to me. The cherry on top would be Mike Martz being to only candidate to step up to the plate for the job.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Hahaha. The dude would be a coordinator upgrade for half the teams in the league. He could go somewhere where he would be appreciated and in a better position to succeed, with a better run team.

Also, why do you think this? I'm genuinely curious. The Colts defense has regressed these past years and Pagano is supposed to be a defensive minded coach.

Not to mention they fired their last DC so Pagano could HAND PICK the current one and last years Colts defense was the worst in Indianapolis history.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2017, 06:48 PM by GlockBortles.)

The worst part is this all played out in the media. Irsay is failing to replace his staff and everyone is getting to see it including the unwanted staff and the team

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2017, 02:21 PM by Achilles.)

Quote:Also, why do you think this? I'm genuinely curious. The Colts defense has regressed these past years and Pagano is supposed to be a defensive minded coach.

Not to mention they fired their last DC so Pagano could HAND PICK the current one and last years Colts defense was the worst in Indianapolis history.
I never judge what a guy can do in one position based on his success level at another.

I promise you he wouldn't be out of work for long and he will still make plenty of money.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:If I were Pagano I'd be [BAD WORD REMOVED]. Good enough to coach your team but not if "Big Name Guy:A" will do it. You're either on board w/ your coach or not.

When you lead your team to an 8-8 record with an elite QB in a pathetic division, I think your leverage to complain is lost.

Quote:When you lead your team to an 8-8 record with an elite QB in a pathetic division, I think your leverage to complain is lost.

The Colts' problem is the roster.  Ryan Grigson is an inept GM.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

My latest feeling is the Colts will fire Pagano and bring in Josh McDaniels.

Quote:I never judge what a guy can do in one position based on his success level at another.

I promise you he wouldn't be out of work for long and he will still make plenty of money.

Not even close to HC money.

Quote:When you lead your team to an 8-8 record with an elite QB in a pathetic division, I think your leverage to complain is lost.

Yup.

Quote:The Colts' problem is the roster.  Ryan Grigson is an inept GM.

Wrong.

Quote:Here's the signing bonus he offered Chucky.

[Image: pills1.jpg]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHA

Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

It's funny that Jaguar fans come here and question our owner and his son when all you have to do is look at Irsay.

Quote:It's funny that Jaguar fans come here and question our owner and his son when all you have to do is look at Irsay.

Irsay may be a junkie, but he has won far more games than Khan as owner.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Irsay may be a junkie, but he has won far more games than Khan as owner.

He may have had arguably the best QB ever to play the game gifted to him, he may have even played a hand in helping a prostitute to her death by overdose, left her dead body there to commit numerous other felonies, get caught doing so, yet escape any jail time because he's a bazillionaire.

But at least he's won more football games than Khan.

That's ignant.

Quote:He may have had arguably the best QB ever to play the game gifted to him, he may have even played a hand in helping a prostitute to her death by overdose, left her dead body there to commit numerous other felonies, get caught doing so, yet escape any jail time because he's a bazillionaire.

But at least he's won more football games than Khan.

That's ignant.

'Cause, you know, priorities in life.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:'Cause, you know, priorities in life.

Well hey, good for the clots. Like owner, like fans. Really seems to be working out for them....hahaha