Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Inglewood Mayor to meet with Rams owner Stan Kroenke

Obviously the Rams will always play second fiddle to the Cardinals in St. Louis. I have many relatives there and they couldn't give an RCH about the Rams.

Regards........................the Chiefjag

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Obviously the Rams will always play second fiddle to the Cardinals in St. Louis. I have many relatives there and they couldn't give an RCH about the Rams.

While the Rams will always take a backseat to the Cardinals in St. Louis,  losing has taken a huge toll on the Rams fanbase.   Even despite that,  I strongly believe demand for Rams tickets would have been much greater the last couple of season if ' Silent Stan'  came out with a statement that he strongly wants to try to keep the Rams in St. Louis.  

Quote:If Los Angeles gets another team, I hope it's an expansion team.

Being that the NFL seems determined to have a team in Los Angeles and London, it would be better if expansion occurs instead of two markets losing teams. If ' Silent Sam' wants to own a team in Los Angeles, the NFL should provide him the opportunity,with an expansion fee, to be the owner of a new team in Los Angeles. In exchange to selling the Rams to someone committed to keeping the team in St. Louis.

I really like that idea D6, but I don't think it would happen. I think the NFL is satisfied with the 32 team league model and would be against adding another team (or 2) since the owners would loose a bigger share of the revenue pie. By relocating a team to the LA or London market, in theory, should increase the revenue pie without having to add additional "hands in the pot".
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Can anyone explain why the league is so dead set on moving teams rather than creating expansion teams? I am sure there are at least 8 cities out there (including foreign) that could support an NFL team. Wouldn't it be better financially to expand rather than move a team? I mean, you move a team out of St. Louis you LOSE fans, rather than just making a new team in LA and creating fans.

Quote:IF the Rams move to L.A. the talk will be the Jags to St. Louis.

Regards...................the Chiefjag
I seriously doubt that.  The NFL is really the red headed step child of sports in St. Louis.  You're going to be hard-pressed to find many people who are disappointed when the team does relocate, and all indications are they'll be announcing a move west at the end of the season. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Can anyone explain why the league is so dead set on moving teams rather than creating expansion teams? I am sure there are at least 8 cities out there (including foreign) that could support an NFL team. Wouldn't it be better financially to expand rather than move a team? I mean, you move a team out of St. Louis you LOSE fans, rather than just making a new team in LA and creating fans.
The talent pool is already spread as thin as it can possibly get without diminishing the overall quality of the product.  Expanding it will hurt the product on the field.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Obviously the Rams will always play second fiddle to the Cardinals in St. Louis. I have many relatives there and they couldn't give an RCH about the Rams.

They're at least #3 behind the Blues too. St. Louis is a huge baseball town.  All other sports pale in comparison. 

Quote:They're at least #3 behind the Blues too. St. Louis is a huge baseball town.  All other sports pale in comparison. 

That has been my experience there as well. There is baseball season in St Louis and then there is a countdown of how many days until pitchers and catchers report.

Quote:The talent pool is already spread as thin as it can possibly get without diminishing the overall quality of the product.  Expanding it will hurt the product on the field.

The talent pool is far from being spread too thin.There are a lot of good players out there. Every year we see a number of undrafted players become top performers. That's not the problem.

32 seems to work real well for the NFL. Why would an NFL owner want more owners to join the club and be eligible for a portion of the revenue?  The fewer the number of teams the higher the value of each existing team.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.