Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Khan's London interviews (also hits on FA and shipyards)

http://members.jacksonville.com/opinion/...re-stadium

Pretty cools blurbs where Shad hits on the successes (and probable extension of the London series), how the Jags will really open up in 2015 FA, and optimism on the shipyards proposals. 

Perhaps the most important note to point out for the locals here: "*It doesn’t sound like Khan is open to playing more than one home game in London per year."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I liked the part about 2015 free agency...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">“We’re going to be very active for a number of reasons. Other teams don’t have the luxury we have – they have constraints and can’t sign everyone. We’ll be on the flip side.”

'02

Quote:“That is very, very encouraging to me,” he said. “I have a huge amount of confidence in [GM] Dave [Caldwell] and [coach] Gus [Bradley] and they’re encouraged. Some of these players are the future of the franchise and will be with us for a long time. It’s very important they mature, but we want them to mature quicker.”

:whistling:
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We are so very lucky Khan bought the Jaguars. He's an unbelievable businessman. He's not only made our stadium the best in the NFL, debatable I guess, but he's going to make our downtown hip and cool too and finally a place people WANT to be! What a bonus! He's so good for Jacksonville, not just the Jaguars.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/american-football/29957460

This is another interview that Shad Khan has done this week for the international newspaper and he confirm his commitment to Jacksonville instead of relocating to London on a permanent basis.  

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:We are so very lucky Khan bought the Jaguars. He's an unbelievable businessman. He's not only made our stadium the best in the NFL, debatable I guess, but he's going to make our downtown hip and cool too and finally a place people WANT to be! What a bonus! He's so good for Jacksonville, not just the Jaguars.

This is the part that so many in Jacksonville don't get.  Especially the T-U commenter mind-set population.  There's still too many bubbas in Duval to appreciate the opportunity Khan brings the city, but that is slowly changing.  This city is on the cusp of breaking out.  Younger people, a winning football team to cast our town in a successful light, and Shad Khan's vision will make this a different place to live in the next 20 years.

I was impressed with him when he bid for the Rams.  I was thrilled when he ended up with the Jaguars.  Rams ownership is putting STL through the wringer.  Look at how our owner handles the business it is impressive.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:This is the part that so many in Jacksonville don't get. Especially the T-U commenter mind-set population. There's still too many bubbas in Duval to appreciate the opportunity Khan brings the city, but that is slowly changing. This city is on the cusp of breaking out. Younger people, a winning football team to cast our town in a successful light, and Shad Khan's vision will make this a different place to live in the next 20 years.

Speaking of, I see our used-to-be resident troll Jungle Cat had something to say about this article in the comments section.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Khan was the perfect owner at the perfect time.

Quote:This is the part that so many in Jacksonville don't get.  Especially the T-U commenter mind-set population.  There's still too many bubbas in Duval to appreciate the opportunity Khan brings the city, but that is slowly changing.  This city is on the cusp of breaking out.  Younger people, a winning football team to cast our town in a successful light, and Shad Khan's vision will make this a different place to live in the next 20 years.

Khan has been good for the city of Jacksonville and for the Jaguars, even though their record doesn't show it.

He has a vision and the means to make it happen.

it will depend on how much support, or opposition, he gets along the way.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2014, 02:16 PM by BasshunterX.)

I think its safe to say we got the owner we needed. Probably one of only a handful of men thats perfect for this city

Owner? Check

President? Check.

GM? Almost a check.

Coaching staff? ...

QB? .....

Almost there gentlemen. Hopefully Caldwell keeps impressing, Bradley gets it together, and Bortles rises above his mistakes.

Besides all that, the coolest owner in the NFL.

[Image: 20141108-Khan.jpg]

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Khan was the perfect owner at the perfect time.

Yeah, while we all appreciate what WW did to bring this city an NFL team, the Jags had gotten stale under his ownership and something needed to change.

Enter Khan, he came in and breathed new life into the Jags.

I know he's not off to the start record-wise he was hoping for, but necessary changes were made and he made them.

Hopefully the Jags start finding the wins soon because I don't think Khan will be as patient as WW was, at least he doesn't seem like he would to me.

Quote:Besides all that, the coolest owner in the NFL.

[Image: 20141108-Khan.jpg]

How many other NFL owners have a ponytail?

Quote:Yeah, while we all appreciate what WW did to bring this city an NFL team, the Jags had gotten stale under his ownership and something needed to change.

Enter Khan, he came in and breathed new life into the Jags.

I know he's not off to the start record-wise he was hoping for, but necessary changes were made and he made them.

Hopefully the Jags start finding the wins soon because I don't think Khan will be as patient as WW was, at least he doesn't seem like he would to me.

I think the league had grown larger than Weaver could handle. Khan is a hands off owner, which is a good thing. He has people in place (Lamping, Caldwell) to run the business and personnel sides of the team. Not a perfect start but I believe in the right direction.

Did I hear Khan correctly? When other owners have had a few drinks, they express concern over their team facing Blake Bortles?

I can picture Khan loosening his competitors' tongues with expensive liquor.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

How happy is this guy going to be when the team starts winning?

[Image: flbothxguhogep3piv7o.jpg]

Quote:How many other NFL owners have a ponytail?
And a fabulous mustache! 

The Playmaker agrees!

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/michaelirvin88'>Michael Irvin ‏@michaelirvin88 </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/michaelirvin88/status/531192730987532288' title="4:13 PM - 8 Nov 2014">15m15 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">On the boat of Mr Khan Great new owner in NFL. Wow what a night. This is a city floating on water.

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">[Image: B18s-WuIgAIBjOE.jpg]

Quote:How many other NFL owners have a ponytail?
Khan the only one who has a pass to wear one