Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I think we win this week

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 10:56 PM by Vino.)

Even if Romo plays. I don't know, just a feeling.  The Cowboys are historically bad in November, and Bortles is due a good game. We're not a 1-8 football team and eventually we're going to get somebody again. This seems like a good trap game for us to take against them.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think we can limit Murray, but will we have another 40+ yd run from a missed tackle or gap assignment screw-up?  

Can we stop Witten/Escobar over the middle?  

How many picks does Bortles throw? 

I see any potential for a Jags win hinging on the answers to those questions.  

I would be shocked if he can limit DeMarco Murray to under 100 yards.

My question is can we stop Dez Bryant?

We're gonna lose.

Quote:We're gonna lose.

We have a chance if Romo does not play.

I think we have a chance even if Romo plays.

Quote:I think we have a chance even if Romo plays.

With the medical mess on defense? Without Branch, Poz, and Ball, it will be very hard to stop Romo.

Ryan Davis, JT Thomas, and Demetrius McCray, have all been playing better than their respective counterparts.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Ryan Davis, JT Thomas, and Demetrius McCray, have all been playing better than their respective counterparts.

Demetrius McCray is the other cornerback. Alan Ball's replacement is Dwayne Gratz, who lost the starting job to McCray in Week 5.

Quote:Demetrius McCray is the other cornerback. Alan Ball's replacement is Dwayne Gratz, who lost the starting job to McCray in Week 5.
McCray is currently playing the side of the field that Ball normally plays. Just like he did last year when Ball was hurt. 

Quote:McCray is currently playing the side of the field that Ball normally plays. Just like he did last year when Ball was hurt. 

Is he better on one side than the other?

As weird as it sounds, I feel better about the prospects of winning this week more so than any other game so far this year.

I hope so would be great for my first live game to be a W especially since I hate the cowboys

I am also optimistic that we would want to give the UK a good showing after our whipping last year. I also think we're playing the Cowboys at a good time. Romo will be shaky, I just hope we can not get gashed again.

No pain, no gain.

We're not a 1-8 football team? How you figure?

Quote:We're not a 1-8 football team? How you figure?
There was no figuring involved in that statement..

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

I was just wondering if there is a logical bases for the "I think we win this week" theme of this article. I can see the logic in 'homebiscuits' post of "I think we lose" because that is what we've been doing and so far we've seen nothing to indicate that's going to suddenly change. So what's the bases of this optimism?

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:I was just wondering if there is a logical bases for the "I think we win this week" theme of this article. I can see the logic in 'homebiscuits' post of "I think we lose" because that is what we've been doing and so far we've seen nothing to indicate that's going to suddenly change. So what's the bases of this optimism?

Because the Cowboys are a better version of the Browns. They run the ball but can't stop the run. That plays right into our strengths.

Admittedly, they are much better than Cle, but if you had to typecast a team for us to beat, Dallas might be near the top.

Hello Jacksonville Jaguars fans. I am not a Jacksonville Jaguars fan. How are you doing? I am swell.

As for your historically bad in November comment, the Cowboys are 24-5 in November during the Romo era. That's not bad at all.

Hope we have a good game on our hands this Sunday.

I feel that we win if and only if romo plays and doesn't leave the game.

I feel they will change their game plan if romo isn't playing.

And if he does play the whole game I think we pick him several times as he struggles with making throws and moving in the pocket