Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
JAKLA's First 2015 NFL Mock Draft

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 12:46 PM by jakla86.)

I know its early, but I felt like doing this.  Hope you all enjoy!

I believe the Jags will end up around 3-13 or 4-12 with the third overall pick once again, possibly even the second.    If we are picking top 3, I am very confident that we trade down to a team looking to grab a QB, but for the sake of this mock, I won't do the trades (though the first round pick reflects who I think we will take after we trade down).

1,3:   Landon Collins, S, Alabama - So many mock drafts have us taking a pass rusher, but getting a quality safety to compliment Cyp is so much more of a need IMO.   Alternative pick here - Ifo-Ekpre Olomu CB, Oregon.

2,3:  Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Miss St:  We need an athletic, fast ILB to help with TE coverage over the middle.  Love this kid.  Great athleticism, great speed for his size (6'4, 250).   A hard-hitting, physical specimen who would buy into GB's motivation.

3,3:  Nick O'Leary, TE, FSU:   Great hands and a good blocker, we need a TE that can not only block, but is a threat over the middle and in the Red Zone.  Would prefer Devon Funchess from Michigan here but doubt hes avail in the third.

4,3:  Arie Kouandjio, G, Alabama - he would have to fall a bit here, but this draft is deep in qaulity OL so its not out of the question.  Would love to add him to the O-Line.

5,3:  Bronson Kaufusi, DE/OLB, BYU - at 6'7, 265 this guy runs a 4.72 40.  Beast.  And he is somewhat raw, so with the right coaching, he could be an absolute steal.  Scouts are saying he has just barely scratched the surface of his potential.  Potential LEO if we get lucky.

6,3:  Cody Riggs, CB/S, Notre Dame - a bit undersized, but great in coverage and a ton of heart.  Rudy, Rudy!

7,3:  Shawn Carden, QB, East Carolina - very under-rated QB, has 2,574 yards with 18 touchdowns and five interceptions.  Henne will be gone soon, so I could see us drafting a backup QB here.

Thanks and hope you like it!

Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I haven't really looked at Collins yet, but is he good enough to make him the highest drafted DB ever?
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 12:52 PM by jakla86.)

most mocks have him being the first DB off the board, around pick 7.  Its such a huge need for us as well

If we draft a safety at three overall, I will drive back to Jacksonville and jump off the Modis building (or whatever it's called now).

Earl Thomas went fourteenth. Fourteenth.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 12:58 PM by jakla86.)

like i said in the preamble, I expect us to trade back to a team looking to snag a qb, "though the first round pick reflects who I think we will take after we trade down" and take collins there.

Who would you want there instead?  just curious

I don't think we take a CB before the 3rd. Not with Colvin waiting to play.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

No way we take a safety at 3. Wouldn't that be the highest safety ever taken in the NFL draft? 

Ifo-Ekpre Olomu is terrible

Sad

<b>Ifo Ekpre-Olomu</b>

Not as big of a corner as we might like for this scheme. But possibly the best cover corner coming out.

Thoughts on Dante Fowler?

Could be a young Leo candidate to add with Davis and Smith

I like the 1st and 2nd pick, but would only take Collins in a trade back which would give us at least another 2nd. With that 2nd we need a RT. Don't like the O'leary pick. We need to get our TE through free agency

If we do end up drafting at three, I think we could do a lot worse than Randy Gregory or Leonard Williams.

Quote:most mocks have him being the first DB off the board, around pick 7.  Its such a huge need for us as well
College forum.  Draft stuff, especially horrifically early draft stuff, goes in the college forum. 

Quote:We need to get our TE through free agency
Who? Niles Paul?

jacob Tamme?

Owen Daniels?

This addresses needs, but doesn't match up with the talent available at those draft picks.  If we draft #2 or #3, it's likely a pass rusher or RT I would think.

We need to take a dominating DE or MLB with the first pick.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:This addresses needs, but doesn't match up with the talent available at those draft picks.  If we draft #2 or #3, it's likely a pass rusher or RT I would think.
A quality RT could be had in the 2nd or 3rd. I hope we don't pick a OT at 3 overall for RT.

Pass Rusher. Free Safety. Cornerback. 

I hope we can move down this year though.

Quote:<b>Ifo Ekpre-Olomu</b>

Not as big of a corner as we might like for this scheme. But possibly the best cover corner coming out.

Based on what? He got a lot of hype in the offseason and he had a highlight reel interception against Michigan State. Other than that play, I don't see it with him. He is 5'9 and has been burned on a regular basis this year. Connor Holiday picked him apart when they played Washington State. The thought of him possibly going in the top five is laughable. I don't see him being an outside corner in the NFL. He will probably end up being a nickel. I could see him being a guy who slides as we get closer to the draft.

Quote:A quality RT could be had in the 2nd or 3rd. I hope we don't pick a OT at 3 overall for RT.

Pass Rusher. Free Safety. Cornerback. 

I hope we can move down this year though.
It all depends on their grades.  A quality DB can be had in the 2nd round also.  It worked just fine for the Eagles with Lane Johnson.