Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
JAKLA's First 2015 NFL Mock Draft

Quote:Who? Niles Paul?

jacob Tamme?

Owen Daniels?
Those wouldnt be my top choices.  Not sure about you but I would rather a guy like Julious Thomas, Jordan Cameron, Charles Clay, Jermaine Gresham.  Any of which I would rather have than draft O'Leary

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Based on what? He got a lot of hype in the offseason and he had a highlight reel interception against Michigan State. Other than that play, I don't see it with him. He is 5'9 and has been burned on a regular basis this year. Connor Holiday picked him apart when they played Washington State. The thought of him possibly going in the top five is laughable. I don't see him being an outside corner in the NFL. He will probably end up being a nickel. I could see him being a guy who slides as we get closer to the draft.
What about

D???Joun Smith

how do you feel about him

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/playe...joun-smith

Did you just refer to yourself in the 3rd person?

Quote:Based on what? He got a lot of hype in the offseason and he had a highlight reel interception against Michigan State. Other than that play, I don't see it with him. He is 5'9 and has been burned on a regular basis this year. Connor Holiday picked him apart when they played Washington State. The thought of him possibly going in the top five is laughable. I don't see him being an outside corner in the NFL. He will probably end up being a nickel. I could see him being a guy who slides as we get closer to the draft.

ifo looked really good up until this season. hes been getting cooked. wazzou purposely was targeting him and making a mockery out of him. definitely not the best cover corner in the draft.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:ifo looked really good up until this season. hes been getting cooked. wazzou purposely was targeting him and making a mockery out of him. definitely not the best cover corner in the draft.

And his small stature will be an issue in the NFL. I mean look at this awful attempt to tackle the Arizona running back on what ended up being the game winning run.

[Image: Nick+Wilson+Ifo+Ekpre+Olomu+Arizona+v+Or...RIZMMl.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 02:43 PM by Apollo.)

Yesterday I was listening to some sports talk, I don't remember specifically if it was via sportsradio or NFL network - but they were talking to one of the current NFL head coaches, and I think it was one that was a playoff team of recent - and he made a great comment pertaining to the draft and the players his team looks for in the draft - he said (likely paraphrasing somewhat) "We don't go into the draft on day 3 settling for "depth" players. In this league attrition is so commonplace that you are setting yourself up for failure if you go into day 3 with the mindset of just looking for depth guys only. No, what we do is look for players who we feel can still have starter upside - even in round 7, because as said, every backup is one snap away from becoming your new starter"

The above sounds elementary and obvious, but its a good point and not every team does go into the draft with that mindset.

Looking at us, We've pretty much found a starter with McCray from our 7th, Bowanko our 6th, Telvin Smith our 4th, etc etc....so it looks like we're at least on a similar page as the above philosophy.  

Quote:Yesterday I was listening to some sports talk, I don't remember specifically if it was via sportsradio or NFL network - but they were talking to one of the current NFL head coaches, and I think it was one that was a playoff team of recent - and he made a great comment pertaining to the draft and the players his team looks for in the draft - he said (likely paraphrasing somewhat) "We don't go into the draft on day 3 settling for "depth" players. In this league attrition is so commonplace that you are setting yourself up for failure if you go into day 3 with the mindset of just looking for depth guys only. No, what we do is look for players who we feel can still have starter upside - even in round 7, because as said, every backup is one snap away from becoming your new starter"

The above sounds elementary and obvious, but its a good point and not every team does go into the draft with that mindset.

Looking at us, We've pretty much found a starter with McCray from our 7th, Bowanko our 6th, Telvin Smith our 4th, etc etc....so it looks like we're at least on a similar page as the above philosophy.  
That's the difference in Caldwell and Gene but I digress.....

Quote:That's the difference in Caldwell and Gene but I digress.....
Base hits in the first round vs  quality starters in the 7th. 

I really like our new GM thus far. 

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 04:31 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:That's the difference in Caldwell and Gene but I digress.....

Well technically he adhered to this philosophy with the Anger pick but point taken.... Ninja
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:And his small stature will be an issue in the NFL. I mean look at this awful attempt to tackle the Arizona running back on what ended up being the game winning run.

That's terrible. It almost looks like that pic was Photoshopped. Ifo isn't anywhere near the best CB in this draft and I'm almost weary of taking any defensive prospect from Oregon anyways.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 04:39 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Base hits in the first round vs quality starters in the 7th.

I really like our new GM thus far.
The Bowanko pick was absolutely pure gold. There isn't a single draftnick site that had him listed higher than 7th-UDFA. And as each game passes he's looking more and more like a 10+ year starter at the center position.

Quote:The Bowanko pick was absolutely pure gold. There isn't a single draftnick site that had him listed higher than 7th-UDFA. And as each game passes he's looking more and more like a 10+ year starter at the center position.

Alot of sites didn't even have him listed at all.

Quote:Yesterday I was listening to some sports talk, I don't remember specifically if it was via sportsradio or NFL network - but they were talking to one of the current NFL head coaches, and I think it was one that was a playoff team of recent - and he made a great comment pertaining to the draft and the players his team looks for in the draft - he said (likely paraphrasing somewhat) "We don't go into the draft on day 3 settling for "depth" players. In this league attrition is so commonplace that you are setting yourself up for failure if you go into day 3 with the mindset of just looking for depth guys only. No, what we do is look for players who we feel can still have starter upside - even in round 7, because as said, every backup is one snap away from becoming your new starter"

those later guys are more of the boom or bust guys. yeah maybe your 5th rounder amounts to nothing in 2 years because you swung for the fences.....  stinks seeing guys not pan out but instead, maybe your 4th rounder becomes a stud LB for years to come. id prefer that kind of outlook.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:And his small stature will be an issue in the NFL. I mean look at this awful attempt to tackle the Arizona running back on what ended up being the game winning run.

yeah i watched this live. he got toasted in this game a couple times too. hes no janoris jenkins.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 07:44 PM by Fred Jones-Brunell.)

If we don't trade down, I think Leonard Williams will be the best pick. Versatile lineman that can pretty much play anywhere. Marks and him together in the middle on passing downs could be scary. Honestly, im hoping for McKinney as well. He could play any of our linebacker spots. Hes got Telvin speed with size. Scary

I also like O'Leary too but I see him as more of an H back. I love how he wears no gloves, sweat bands or sleeves. Just looks like an old school player
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:If we don't trade down, I think Leonard Williams will be the best pick. Versatile lineman that can pretty much play anywhere. Marks and him together in the middle on passing downs could be scary. Honestly, im hoping for McKinney as well. He could play any of our linebacker spots. Hes got Telvin speed with size. Scary

I also like O'Leary too but I see him as more of an H back. I love how he wears no gloves, sweat bands or sleeves. Just looks like an old school player
Williams next to Marks is Ryan Davis spot our best pass rusher. We don't want to take snaps away from him where he is best in the middle

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 10:14 PM by Cable.)

Quote:Williams next to Marks is Ryan Davis spot our best pass rusher. We don't want to take snaps away from him where he is best in the middle
Marks has someone on both sides of him. Williams can play both DE and DT. In this instance, Williams will be DT which means on the other side would be a DE. Depth chart has Davis as 3rd in line, currently 2nd due to Branch's injury. There is a reason he is 3rd normally on the rotation, and this would be because he is used in situations and the coaches prefer Clemons and Branch over him.

Draft time though, I want McKinney. Trade back is great, but if no one offers, then reach. He could be our future star. Posluszny is getting older and injured often. Might be time, and for a MLB, McKinney could be a very good replacement.

Benardrick McKinney will be over drafted based on his measurables. He is a large man with good speed when he is motivated to use it.

What I see and why I don't like him:

Looks sluggish and lethargic when he is playing, either he is processing info too slow or is lazy.

Only trots to the action unless he is rushing the passer and is facing lesser competition.

​Waits for the runner, receiver to reach him and does not consistently attack the ball carrier.

Does not consistently move his feet to be an enforcer when he tackles. **With that size and speed combo he should be doing a lot more damage.

Does not seem to have the ability to diagnose the play and disrupt although he does take advantage of some opportunities when the play flows to him.

Tends to try and take on blockers allowing the ball carrier to elude him and seems unable or unwilling to slip the block or disengage and finish.

Instincts, Vision, Football IQ and Desire Are Lacking.

If you wanna stick with Mississippi State:

You will get much better value by drafting OLB Matthew Wells in the later rounds. On Nobodies Radar but... He Fast

You could also take CB/FS Justin Cox in the later rounds. He is NOT smart and will need to put rocks in his pockets to play FS but Gus could get him ready.

No need to flame me and tell me why you like the Big Mistake I understand what people are saying about him and all the hype, I just don't agree.

Quote:Marks has someone on both sides of him. Williams can play both DE and DT. In this instance, Williams will be DT which means on the other side would be a DE. Depth chart has Davis as 3rd in line, currently 2nd due to Branch's injury. There is a reason he is 3rd normally on the rotation, and this would be because he is used in situations and the coaches prefer Clemons and Branch over him.

Draft time though, I want McKinney. Trade back is great, but if no one offers, then reach. He could be our future star. Posluszny is getting older and injured often. Might be time, and for a MLB, McKinney could be a very good replacement.
If you have watched the games Davis has been best in passing situations where they have put him at the 3 tech. We need a speed pass rusher, Williams is no JJ Watt. And I like Mckinney but Dave is not Gene Smith and McKinney is not Patrick Willis so we won't reach and take him with our top 3 pick. You are probably one of the guys that wanted Geno Smith with our 2nd pick

Quote:If you have watched the games Davis has been best in passing situations where they have put him at the 3 tech. We need a speed pass rusher, Williams is no JJ Watt. And I like Mckinney but Dave is not Gene Smith and McKinney is not Patrick Willis so we won't reach and take him with our top 3 pick. You are probably one of the guys that wanted Geno Smith with our 2nd pick

I have never wanted Geno Smith. I was actually a guy who hoped Gabbert would do well as he went through 3 head coaches while he was here. I actually wanted Mathieu in the 2013 draft. Didn't really care where, but figured he could be a playmaker.