Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
JAKLA's First 2015 NFL Mock Draft

Quote:I have never wanted Geno Smith. I was actually a guy who hoped Gabbert would do well as he went through 3 head coaches while he was here. I actually wanted Mathieu in the 2013 draft. Didn't really care where, but figured he could be a playmaker.
you don't just draft players you like wherever. You have to draft value. It's stupid to draft a player with a top 5 pick when you can get him in the 2nd or you can trade back and get him late 1st. The GMs that does that are usually out of a job within a couple years

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:you don't just draft players you like wherever.

Really? I thought I could draft Calvin Johnson type players in the 7th round.

Quote:I know its early, but I felt like doing this.  Hope you all enjoy!

I believe the Jags will end up around 3-13 or 4-12 with the third overall pick once again, possibly even the second.    If we are picking top 3, I am very confident that we trade down to a team looking to grab a QB, but for the sake of this mock, I won't do the trades (though the first round pick reflects who I think we will take after we trade down).

1,3:   Landon Collins, S, Alabama - So many mock drafts have us taking a pass rusher, but getting a quality safety to compliment Cyp is so much more of a need IMO.   Alternative pick here - Ifo-Ekpre Olomu CB, Oregon.

2,3:  Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Miss St:  We need an athletic, fast ILB to help with TE coverage over the middle.  Love this kid.  Great athleticism, great speed for his size (6'4, 250).   A hard-hitting, physical specimen who would buy into GB's motivation.

3,3:  Nick O'Leary, TE, FSU:   Great hands and a good blocker, we need a TE that can not only block, but is a threat over the middle and in the Red Zone.  Would prefer Devon Funchess from Michigan here but doubt hes avail in the third.

I doubt McKinney falls outta the first, but O'Leary a good blocker?  He's definitely a below average blocker...even for a college TE.  I'm a huge FSU fan, been watching the kid for years, but I don't think his talent will make it to the NFL. 

BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2014, 10:08 AM by Shack Del Rio.)

Quote:What about

D???Joun Smith

how do you feel about him

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/playe...joun-smith

Haven't seen him play much. He seems to be a good corner and returner. He is the type of guy I look forward to seeing at the Senior Bowl and combine.