Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Looks like Greg Hardy has played his last snap as a Panther

According to NFL Network, the Carolina Panthers are likely to let Greg Hardy walk in FA. His trial for domestic abuse isn't supposed to be settled until the offseason. 

Do the Jags make a play here, with all the cap room we are projected to have?

Or is the domestic abuse enough to keep them away?

If he can get his off field issues fixed, it might be worth it. He's one of the better pass rushers in the sport. Its not often you get that level of talent at that position reaching FA. This is obviously a special case with extenuating circumstances. 

Clemons will be another year older and Hardy added to Branch and Davis would make an already improved pass rush that much more dangerous (no pun intended) going forward. 

It would also allow the Jags to target other area in the draft other than DE. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's doubtful any team will look his way any until his legal issues are settled.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

All teams are going to have to stay away, at least like FBT said until the trial is over.  If the trial goes like I think it will, he may never play in the NFL again.

In all honesty, for something like this, he probably shouldn't play again if convicted or pleads out.

Quote:All teams are going to have to stay away, at least like FBT said until the trial is over.  If the trial goes like I think it will, he may never play in the NFL again.

In all honesty, for something like this, he probably shouldn't play again if convicted or pleads out.

Yup.  NFL isn't playing around with this stuff anymore.

Well, as of right now he hasn't been convicted of anything as of yet. Now if he's guilty of everything alleged, then yes I agree I would advise the Jags to stay away as he'd be one strike away from being done in the NFL for good, as well as just the idea of not wanting to reward behavior such as this....but if it comes out in the trial that he's not guilty of what she alleged or guilty to a much lesser extent of what was claimed, then it might not be such a bad idea to at least bring him in during free agency and see if something can't be worked out. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If he's fully acquitted in the trial (highly unlikely), some team will give him a shot. I hope it's not the Jags. He's not a fit at LEO or five-tech, he's not likely to be a building block (looking for either a pricey multi-year deal or a one-year rental), and the PR headaches that would come with signing him probably aren't worth it.

If he's convicted, the PR headache of signing him becomes a PR nightmare. He'll play in the NFL again if he's found guilty; he's too talented not to. It'll probably be for a team that thinks it's one player away from a championship and is willing to throw a ton of money at a guy who's one slap away from a lifetime ban.

I'm not sure our locker room is strong enough to handle a distraction of this type yet.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."