Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Robinson & Hurns

Respectively 3rd & 4th as far as rookie WR rec yards

[Image: 51f1dbb22c3780765f8144315771510c.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And Hurns is tied with Sammy Watkins with 5 TDs

Show the touchdown stats too, not just yards. That would make it look even better.

That's crazy. One of them had basically no offseason and the other is undrafted. And this is with a rookie (albeit very talented) QB throwing it to them. Very impressive stuff.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:That's crazy. One of them had basically no offseason and the other is undrafted. And this is with a rookie (albeit very talented) QB throwing it to them. Very impressive stuff.

Spot on. And people say wins and losses are the only way to quantify a bright future

Quote:That's crazy. One of them had basically no offseason and the other is undrafted. And this is with a rookie (albeit very talented) QB throwing it to them. Very impressive stuff.

What do you mean no offseason? If a player is drafted and not put on a reserve list, he has a full offseason. Regardless of the injury that nearly kept him out of the opener he could go to meetings for wide receivers and work out with his new teammates. He just could not practice with them.

The rookie quarterback had nothing to do with their catches in the first two games. Allen Hurns caught two touchdown passes from a seventh-year veteran. But even that is impressive because those passes were not perfect and he had to make a hard catch before running into the end zone.

Very awesome stat to see! Hope they both keep it up and I wonder what they will end up finishing the season with?

Quote:What do you mean no offseason? If a player is drafted and not put on a reserve list, he has a full offseason. Regardless of the injury that nearly kept him out of the opener he could go to meetings for wide receivers and work out with his new teammates. He just could not practice with them.

The rookie quarterback had nothing to do with their catches in the first two games. Allen Hurns caught two touchdown passes from a seventh-year veteran. But even that is impressive because those passes were not perfect and he had to make a hard catch before running into the end zone.

Well J-Dub, the practicing part is crucial to a young man's initial success. He came out the gate fast without much adjustment. So, yeah, "basically" no offseason. I figure everyone knows what he means

Does Marqise Lee still exist?

Quote:Does Marqise Lee still exist?
Who's that? 

This from the T-U on Hurns...

http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/f...stats-dont

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Does Marqise Lee still exist?
He's taking the more traditional rookie path.  It's difficult to get on the field when the guys ahead of you are doing so well. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:He's taking the more traditional rookie path.  It's difficult to get on the field when the guys ahead of you are doing so well. 

And this is a good thing long term.  Competition and knowing the playbook are positives.  The offensive line play and the improvements running the ball are really good for where we are this year.  Even though we aren't going to win many games, it looks like we are moving forward for 2015.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

This is pretty perfect, right? Marqise Lee does his best work once he gets the ball in his hands. Having WR1 Robinson, WR2 Hurns, Slot Lee for the next 5-10 years sounds great to me.

Quote:This is pretty perfect, right? Marqise Lee does his best work once he gets the ball in his hands. Having WR1 Robinson, WR2 Hurns, Slot Lee for the next 5-10 years sounds great to me.
Bingo!... Now all we need is a pass catching TE

You need to throw in MARTAVIS BRYANT (4th round out of Clemson) if you are looking at pure talent --- he's #3 on the Steelers.  I'd take him over Robinson & Hurns.    He played along side Sammy Watkins and is now lighting it up after a very slow start  - elite speed, good hands.

He's only played 3 games for 167 yards 5 tds and a 16.7 YPC average 

Quote:You need to throw in MARTAVIS BRYANT (4th round out of Clemson) if you are looking at pure talent --- he's #3 on the Steelers.  I'd take him over Robinson & Hurns.    He played along side Sammy Watkins and is now lighting it up after a very slow start  - elite speed, good hands.

He's only played 3 games for 167 yards 5 tds and a 16.7 YPC average 

Odell Beckham Jr. is another late starter who has looked really good. This rookie class was hyped was one with a handful of 1st round WR talent and they are surpassing the hype in my eyes.

We do have harbor who has had a decent amount of good catches but speed is pretty iffy. Kinda remi ds me of heath miller good hands but definitely won't burn for 60yd tds.
Jags 4 Life

We do have harbor who has had a decent amount of good catches but speed is pretty iffy. Kinda remi ds me of heath miller good hands but definitely won't burn for 60yd tds.
Jags 4 Life

I agree Hurricane.  Martavis Bryant should be on that list.  He's basically been playing 3 weeks, and he already has 5 TDs.  If he and Big Ben keep this potent passing attack going, I think he will win ROY.  Of course if Hurns and BB start doing well together, who knows?

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]