Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I could be an "expert" covering the NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...low-starts

Check out the Jags.  I mean, seriously, these guys just throw stuff out there to fill up web pages i'm convinced.

Lazy lazy lazy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

From the link:

Quote:The Jaguars need a lot of help, but the cupboard isn't completely bare. Their defensive line has played pretty well and they took care of quarterback and wide receiver needs in the last draft. But deficiencies lie in almost every other area.

There is only one deficiency on our roster: experience. Why are "experts" so quick to give up on rookies and second-year players?

We'll we could potentially use an upgrade at ORT with Pasztor, Ball is a free agent this year and with Gratz struggling and an unknown in Colvin, CB could easily be a need this offseason. The only "lazy" part was not acknowledging the emergence of DRob at RB and suggesting a RB to be considered at the top of the draft. With that said it may very well end up a need if he happens to stumble, which I doubt.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Well we could potentially use an upgrade at ORT with Pasztor, Ball is a free agent this year and with Gratz struggling and an unknown in Colvin, CB could easily be a need this offseason. The only "lazy" part was not acknowledging the emergence of DRob at RB and suggesting a RB to be considered at the top of the draft. With that said it may very well end up a need if he happens to stumble, which I doubt.

Cornerback is not a need because we have second-year players and a rookie there, so like the offense, it is just a matter of time. I agree on upgrading the RT.

Quote:From the link:

There is only one deficiency on our roster: experience. Why are "experts" so quick to give up on rookies and second-year players?

No one has given up on rookie and 2nd year players but Gil is right, at least from a depth perspective. There isn't one position in the draft where we can say "we don't need anyone there". Even using the positions where he said we are fine at an argument can be made that another WR might be needed if Cecil walks and looking at QB (the most important position in the league) it surely doesn't hurt to have another developmental QB in the fold.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I don't really see a problem with this

So you think these are our top 3 needs?

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2014, 10:21 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:So you think these are our top 3 needs?

One can make an argument saying so considering we've struggled at all 3 positions over the course of the season.

S, LB, DE, TE all more needed. Maybe I'm wrong, I thought this was an easy one.

Yea i dont see a huge problem with that analysis either.  Frankly I've read a lot worse.

Quote:S, LB, DE, TE all more needed. Maybe I'm wrong, I thought this was an easy one.

I get it. And I agree with your assessment for the most part. But I also can see where Gil is coming from as well.

I should have caveated this by focusing on the 3 most needed areas, and not his overall analysis.

Saw this the other day.  Figured Brandt just phoned that one in. 

OT has to be at least fourth on the list. Definitely not top three in need. 

Quote:Saw this the other day. Figured Brandt just phoned that one in.

I don't know, I think OT is higher on the list for Bortles development. I would put FS and MLB probably the only 2 over RT. RT and MLB I would just go with who you have rated higher in the 2nd. Hopefully we can trade back in the first and address MLB and RT in the 2nd

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014, 04:52 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:I don't know, I think OT is higher on the list for Bortles development. I would put FS and MLB probably the only 2 over RT. RT and MLB I would just go with who you have rated higher in the 2nd. Hopefully we can trade back in the first and address MLB and RT in the 2nd
I haven't really looked at the potential FA's this year at MLB and FS besides McCourty. Is there anyone they may be of interest to the Jags this year at those positions?

Side note: I really respect your IQ on players and have a question for you. I'm hoping they address the TE position in FA but the two guys of interest scare me (J. Thomas and J. Cameron). Thomas because he seems to be a product of Manning and Cameron because of his concussion history (which he is dealing with now). What other players would you recommend? Maybe Charles Clay assuming he isn't resigned or possibly Niles Davis?

Quote:Saw this the other day.  Figured Brandt just phoned that one in. 

No doubt he phoned it in, but when you are 1-8 you can list any group of positions (except QB, for now) and be pretty much assured of being correct.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I don't know, I think OT is higher on the list for Bortles development. I would put FS and MLB probably the only 2 over RT. RT and MLB I would just go with who you have rated higher in the 2nd. Hopefully we can trade back in the first and address MLB and RT in the 2nd
I get that perspective.

I just think that the need at LB, FS, and TE are having more negative impact on the team right now than a regressing and injured Pasztor.

I'd like the trade back as well. 

This is a weekly article, and I've read it a couple times before this when NFL Mobile popped it up on my phone.  I can't be 100% sure, but I don't think it changed at all from the last time I read it, which was like a month ago.

Quote:This is a weekly article, and I've read it a couple times before this when NFL Mobile popped it up on my phone.  I can't be 100% sure, but I don't think it changed at all from the last time I read it, which was like a month ago.
This would make a ton of sense.