Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Eli Manning

Looks like bad Eli has shown up tonight for Monday Night Football.

TC looking frustrated on the sidelines.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Can't believe TC was cool with a new OC changing his technique.  SMH.  

Weel 13 for the Jags looking more and more like a possible "W"

Quote:Can't believe TC was cool with a new OC changing his technique.  SMH.  

Me neither, the old system won 2 Super Bowls didn't it?

I don't know how much longer TC is going to coach, he turned 68 this year and was a little slow on getting that red flag out of his sock.

I guess TC has the high socks on tonight.

Quote:Looks like bad Eli has shown up tonight for Monday Night Football.

TC looking frustrated on the sidelines.

Jon Gruden explained the receivers are not helping him because they run the wrong routes and drop passes. He thinks there is a communication problem. I think the Giants are missing Victor Cruz.

Quote:Jon Gruden explained the receivers are not helping him because they run the wrong routes and drop passes. He thinks there is a communication problem. I think the Giants are missing Victor Cruz.

Receivers are running the wrong routes and dropping passes? Sounds like another team we know.

Eli is also missing some of the WRs by a wide margin.

I still believe Eli is a top 15 qb. Maybe the 15th best though. It just seems like he hasn't had any weapons around him in some time. Cruz and Beckham look like a good duo but I think Eli is nearing the end of his tenure in NY
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Receivers are running the wrong routes and dropping passes? Sounds like another team we know.

Eli is also missing some of the WRs by a wide margin.

The Jaguars? Actually our rookies played better at Cincinnati than Eli's teammates are playing tonight.

On top of everything else,  including the numerous injuries on both sides of the ball,  the Giants Offensive Line looks overmatched.   

Quote:On top of everything else,  including the numerous injuries on both sides of the ball,  the Giants Offensive Line looks overmatched.   

Speaking of injuries, look who tore his biceps Monday night.

Prince Amukamara will be missed.

Quote:Speaking of injuries, look who tore his biceps Monday night.

Prince Amukamara will be missed.

He will indeed be missed.   That much more considering the overall Giants CB injury situation.

This probably will open the door for former Jaguars CB Mike Harris to get a significant amount of playing time at one of the Giants CB positions in the coming weeks.   Especially as his understanding of their Defensive system improves with added exposure.

Quote:He will indeed be missed.   That much more considering the overall Giants CB injury situation.

This probably will open the door for former Jaguars CB Mike Harris to get a significant amount of playing time at one of the Giants CB positions in the coming weeks.   Especially as his understanding of their defensive system improves with added exposure.

When was Mike Harris a Jaguar?

Quote:When was Mike Harris a Jaguar?

The previous 2 seasons and as recently much of the 2014 pre-season. 

More recently,  Harris was on the Lions Practice Squad.   The Giants signed Harris off the Lions P.S. last week.

Quote:Can't believe TC was cool with a new OC changing his technique.  SMH.  

Yes.  Their OL isn't playing well.  Neither is their QB.

Their secondary is banged up, and the pass rush isn't getting home.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

This sounds silly. But other than two playoff runs, I don't think Eli has ever been a great QB. It sounds silly because he has two Super Bowl rings, both over Tom Brady. 

But he has under a 60% comp percentange for his career and has only once gone over 30 TD's in the golden era of passing.

Quote:This sounds silly. But other than two playoff runs, I don't think Eli has ever been a great QB. It sounds silly because he has two Super Bowl rings, both over Tom Brady. 

But he has under a 60% comp percentange for his career and has only once gone over 30 TD's in the golden era of passing.

I know what you mean. Eli's just an average, to a little above average QB most seasons, who does just happen to have to Super Bowl wins on his resume.

He did lead his team to the playoffs 5 times though and has an 8-3 record in the playoffs as a starting QB. He's 0-3, three of those times and 8-0 in the 2 SB runs.

If Eli wins that 1st playoff game, he goes on to win the SB.

As of right now, he can always remind Peyton that he has 2 rings to his one.

Who's career would you take Eli with his 2 SB rings or Peyton?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/pl...nnEl00.htm

Quote:Me neither, the old system won 2 Super Bowls didn't it?

I don't know how much longer TC is going to coach, he turned 68 this year and was a little slow on getting that red flag out of his sock.

I guess TC has the high socks on tonight.
Nope, the old defense won 2 super bowls.

Eli is looking washed up. I expect the Giants to look hard at a future signal caller in the upcoming draft.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Eli is looking washed up. I expect the Giants to look hard at a future signal caller in the upcoming draft.
He's actually having one of his better seasons, it's not on him.  That D isn't the same.

Quote:Nope, the old defense won 2 super bowls.

Yeah, I guess it was more the D in those 2 SBs then the offense, although Eli did have to make a few great throws to get it done.

He does have 5 playoff game-winning drives though, and that's all Eli and the offense.

Quote:He's actually having one of his better seasons, it's not on him.  That D isn't the same.

It is partly on him. Although many were not his fault, he could not lead the NFL in interceptions last year without making some mistakes.