Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars/Bengals Rewind/All-22

All 22 isn't available until tomorrow, but I've been thinking about this play all morning, so….

There is 4 min left in the game. We are in the redzone, threatening on first down. 

Bortles tries to do too much and throws the pick.  He had Robinson and Shorts open underneath for an easy 6-8 yard gain on first down.  Had he played it safe and then and hurried to the line, the Jags would  likely have  made this thing very, very close.  

[Image: 8whybl.jpg]

More to come….

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And he's looking right at Shorts!

I just read in the O-Zone that BB was supposedly trying to throw that pass out-of-bounds...for what that's worth.  :pinch:

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

these pictures just make you mad

Quote:All 22 isn't available until tomorrow, but I've been thinking about this play all morning, so….

There is 4 min left in the game. We are in the redzone, threatening on first down. 

Bortles tries to do too much and throws the pick.  He had Robinson and Shorts open underneath for an easy 6-8 yard gain on first down.  Had he played it safe and then and hurried to the line, the Jags would  likely have  made this thing very, very close.  

[Image: 8whybl.jpg]

More to come….

Man oh man, that's frustrating to look at.

He said he was trying to throw it out of the back of the endzone, butt as with all his passes yesterday it was woefully short of the mark. :teehee:

Gotta take what defenses are giving you at this level.

Quote:Gotta take what defenses are giving you at this level.

lemme get out there and show him how its done, ya know

Well, it sure beats the heck out of looking at screen grabs of a quarterback dropping to the fetal position from "phantom" pressure.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least this stuff is ostensibly easier to fix. 

Quote:lemme get out there and show him how its done, ya know

You do have that "it" factor.

If indeed he was trying to throw it out of bounds it may save us in the future in a comeback situation that is meaningful. He is learning. Getting better is good. I don't see a lot of regression.

Next up:  Punt protection -  or lack thereof

Mallory is employing the use of speed for the guys that line up outside the tackles. (I think)  The thought apparently is that they'll cut-block or chip enough to give the punter just enough time to get the ball off and then run down to cover the return.

But he may need to rethink that strategy as each of these guys whiffed in that assignment yesterday.  (Loston here on the right whiffs a cut block, and Telvin Smith later to the left whiffed a chip)

@Bullseye - we were both correct it would appear

[Image: o5xjbr.jpg]

……………...

[Image: 14joo5z.jpg]

I don't buy that excuse that he was trying to throw it out of bounds.  He was at the 20 yard line, not the 40.  If he was trying to do that, he could have easily done so. 

He threw right into the middle of 3 or 4 Bengals on first down no less.  It was truly a Brandon Weeden moment. 

<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:I don't buy that excuse that he was trying to throw it out of bounds.  He was at the 20 yard line, not the 40.  If he was trying to do that, he could have easily done so. 

He threw right into the middle of 3 or 4 Bengals on first down no less.  It was truly a Brandon Weeden moment. 

I don't know....I noticed that there was a play in the 2nd half where Bortles got up wincing but stayed in the game....if I recall correctly, a lot of his passes after that seemed to be underthrown, so perhaps there is a correlation. He never missed a snap so whatever it was, he was gutting it out. Has anyone mentioned any possible injury to Bortles stemming from that play?

Quote:I don't buy that excuse that he was trying to throw it out of bounds.  He was at the 20 yard line, not the 40.  If he was trying to do that, he could have easily done so. 

I'm afraid I agree. It's almost equally as frightening if that was intended to go out of bounds anyway.

Quote:I don't know....I noticed that there was a play in the 2nd half where Bortles got up wincing but stayed in the game....if I recall correctly, a lot of his passes after that seemed to be underthrown, so perhaps there is a correlation. He never missed a snap so whatever it was, he was gutting it out. Has anyone mentioned any possible injury to Bortles stemming from that play?

He hurt his right hand when Geno Atkins rolled up on him. I don't remeber when it was exactly but I'm pretty sure I saw on Twitter he had it looked at after the game.

it was his non-throwing wrist iirc

Quote:I don't know....I noticed that there was a play in the 2nd half where Bortles got up wincing but stayed in the game....if I recall correctly, a lot of his passes after that seemed to be underthrown, so perhaps there is a correlation. He never missed a snap so whatever it was, he was gutting it out. Has anyone mentioned any possible injury to Bortles stemming from that play?

Def a trend I saw yesterday for him to underthrow. Maybe he is trying to force it under rather than sailing over which I saw him do multiple times this year resulting in interceptions.

Quote:He said he was trying to throw it out of the back of the endzone, butt as with all his passes yesterday it was woefully short of the mark. :teehee:
A lot of his passes looked like they died.

Was it particularly windy there?

Was Bortles hurt?

Did he have problems gripping the ball in the cold weather?  I saw that he had a glove on his left hand.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

He did hurt his throwing hand. 

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'><span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);font-size:13px;"><span>@ryanohalloran</span></span></a>

<div> · <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/529058314806915072' title="3:51 PM - 2 Nov 2014"><span>20h20 hours ago</a></span>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">QB Blake Bortles got his right wrist looked at after the game but was told he's "fine." <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a>