Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars/Bengals Rewind/All-22

Quote:Here's one just for laughs.

Reggie Nelson owned by one Denard Xavier "Shoelace" Robinson.

DXSR fights off Nelson's initial attempt to get a hand on him:
[Image: ojpjs3.jpg]

…………….
[Image: 2cekqro.jpg]
Some really bad memories of Reggie "attempting" tackles with us just flashed in my mind.
No commercial messages in sigs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014, 07:42 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:All 22 isn't available until tomorrow, but I've been thinking about this play all morning, so….

There is 4 min left in the game. We are in the redzone, threatening on first down. 

Bortles tries to do too much and throws the pick.  He had Robinson and Shorts open underneath for an easy 6-8 yard gain on first down.  Had he played it safe and then and hurried to the line, the Jags would  likely have  made this thing very, very close.  

[Image: 8whybl.jpg]

More to come….

Just look at that pass protection.  Impressive. And AR15 wide open.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Just look at that pass protection.  Impressive. And AR15 wide open.
McClendon filling in for the banged up Linder did give up pressure about .2 seconds after that shot however  :confused:

Quote:McClendon filling in for the banged up Linder did give up pressure about .2 seconds after that shot however  :confused:

Can you show the coverage and receivers as Bortles is running out of the pocket and also right before he makes the read/throw?  I'd like to see where denard/ar15/shorts roam after their route while bortles is running out of the pocket. 

One pattern I have seen with Bortles' interceptions is that he often can run for a first or to produce a short down OR has a checkdown (Denard in this case) wide open.  That is a super easy way to get better, when everyone is covered then there should be one guy to be beat if they are spying the QB or covering the flat for the checkdown back.

Quote:Can you show the coverage and receivers as Bortles is running out of the pocket and also right before he makes the read/throw?  I'd like to see where denard/ar15/shorts roam after their route while bortles is running out of the pocket. 

One pattern I have seen with Bortles' interceptions is that he often can run for a first or to produce a short down OR has a checkdown (Denard in this case) wide open.  That is a super easy way to get better, when everyone is covered then there should be one guy to be beat if they are spying the QB or covering the flat for the checkdown back.
He probably could have run to his left - but likely wouldn't have gotten out of bounds and was obviously thinking about the clock.  

Can't see the scramble drill routes well until all-22 comes out (tomorrow), but A-Rob was only open early on - and Harbor/Hurns didn't come open in the EZ. Shorts might have been an option.  D-Rob stayed at the line protecting. 

Quote:I haven't read this mentioned in the thread but am surprised no one has brought it up - what the above picture suggests to me is poor play design or conservative play design - it looks like all 4 targets are cutting at about the same level. Wouldn't it be better to have the 4 receivers all try an attack various points of the field rather than what the above looks like? Were we running patterns predominantly like the above all game? If so, its not surprising that we struggled in the 1st half especially. That Cinci defense wouldn't have to work hard defending the above routes. 

Redzone plays will have everything mashed up.  Also we don't know if one or two of these routes were option routes by the receivers due to what they saw in coverage at the snap.

Quote:Just look at that pass protection.  Impressive. And AR15 wide open.

6 blockers for 4 rushers should look pretty good.

Quote:Couldn't tell much from the broadcast view.  Maybe more on the all-22 tomorrow.  

Note: he also hurt his left wrist in the fourth quarter when Atkins chased him out of the pocket. Looked quite painful. 

Apparently the left wrist got a little banged up.  Hope the right one is indeed "fine." 

[Image: 1zmdt94.jpg]

(non-throwing hand) like I thought

Quote:(non-throwing hand) like I thought

Both hands were reported as being injured in the game.  This one ^ was apparent when he came up flexing it after Atkins slung him to the turf early in the fourth quarter.

The right hand was reported to have been examined by doctors after the game in an O'Halloran tweet.  Probably from landing on it during the horse-collar tackle in the first quarter, but I'm not sure when he banged it up. 

Quote:6 blockers for 4 rushers should look pretty good.
Hey, that's improvement man
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Hey, that's improvement man
Hahaha.  Sad but true. 

Didn't the 'skins beat a 6 man protection with 4 rushing?  I think so.  (Bradfield was schooled by Kerrigan I think)

Technically, McClendon let his guy through on this one too, but BB at least had time to throw the quick in if he wanted it. 

Quote:Both hands were reported as being injured in the game.  This one ^ was apparent when he came up flexing it after Atkins slung him to the turf early in the fourth quarter.

The right hand was reported to have been examined by doctors after the game in an O'Halloran tweet.  Probably from landing on it during the horse-collar tackle in the first quarter, but I'm not sure when he banged it up. 

Ryan O is probably just wrong.  It was his left hand/wrist.

Quote:Ryan O is probably just wrong.  It was his left hand/wrist.
I wondered yesterday if that was the case. Just seems like a major blunder for the beat writer from the local paper to report the wrong hand of the starting quarterback.  Certainly possible. 

Quote:6 blockers for 4 rushers should look pretty good.

lol, I'll take it if it gives BB more time to scan the field.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I wondered yesterday if that was the case. Just seems like a major blunder for the beat writer from the local paper to report the wrong hand of the starting quarterback.  Certainly possible. 

its just twitter. getting things right isn't really a priority

Quote:its just twitter. getting things right isn't really a priority

Well, when it's your job, it should be a priority.  Many other journalists treat it as such.