Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars/Bengals Rewind/All-22

well there you go.  hopefully when it heals up he throws a tight spiral

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He did injure his wrist. Saw on a scramble he got twisted and kept flexing his hand and wincing a bit. Following drive was the Robinson rush TD where he didn't throw

Honestly do you think Blake Bortles will be a Franchise QB in 3 years or a Back up in 3 years?

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014, 04:16 PM by badger.)

Quote:Honestly do you think Blake Bortles will be a Franchise QB in 3 years or a Back up in 3 years?

leaning backup, but I am usually wrong about these things

like if somebody from the future is holding a gun to your head and asked this question and a wrong answer meant you get shot.... im saying backup

Quote:leaning backup, but I am usually wrong about these things

like if somebody from the future is holding a gun to your head and asked this question and a wrong answer meant you get shot.... im saying backup

Whats scary to me is his misses play right in front of his face, rookie or not

Soooooo it's the play calling right? Riiiiiight.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:Soooooo it's the play calling right? Riiiiiight.

I'd be inclined to blame it more on coaching in general.

We saw Gabbert actually regress under Jedd and Gus, and Bortles seems more confused and tentative on the field now than when he first set foot on the turf at halftime of week 3.

Quote:Honestly do you think Blake Bortles will be a Franchise QB in 3 years or a Back up in 3 years?
Wrong thread, but I think he's much more likely to be a franchise QB than a back-up. His pocket awareness, escapability and willingness to look and throw downfield are big time assets, IMO.  

He just had to get smarter with decisions and be more diligent in making his reads. I feel good about the kid.  Hard to see him taking lumps - but it is what it is right now. 

Quote:I'd be inclined to blame it more on coaching in general.

We saw Gabbert actually regress under Jedd and Gus, and Bortles seems more confused and tentative on the field now than when he first set foot on the turf at halftime of week 3.

please get over Gabbert

Quote:please get over Gabbert

Still so mad about that guy that it hurts you to even read his name? Maybe you should go talk to a professional about it.

Quote:Still so mad about that guy that it hurts you to even read his name? Maybe you should go talk to a professional about it.

just an observation.  you seem to inject him into every conversation probably to try to convince yourself and others that all your bonehead opinions about him over these few years were somewhat correct

Quote:just an observation.  you seem to inject him into every conversation probably to try to convince yourself and others that all your bonehead opinions about him over these few years were somewhat correct

That sounds like a personal problem.

Like I said, Gabbert got worse under Gus and Jedd than he was under Mularkey, Henne looked like Gabbert in his games this year outside of a quarter in the first game when Hurns was playing like his hair was on fire, and Bortles seems to have regressed so far, too.

Could just be coincidence, or there could be something to the trend.

On topic:

After the blocked punts, Mallory inserted the fullback to safeguard any pressure but left Telvin and Loston in place. 

Jones ends up with a 20 yd return on this one - and Loston is ironically the guy finally making the tackle with Anger the only line of defense left had he missed. 

[Image: 2yxj0w2.jpg]

He's lying about trying to throw the ball out of bounds from the 20. Now all of a sudden he has a water pistol for an arm? The injury thing doesn't hold because they said he was "fine". He was looking for the big play when it wasn't necessary on 1st down. Throwing all these picks is starting to get to him. Lucky for him he only had one yesterday and he knows that.

Quote:On topic:

After the blocked punts, Mallory inserted the fullback to safeguard any pressure but left Telvin and Loston in place. 

Jones ends up with a 20 yd return on this one - and Loston is ironically the guy finally making the tackle with Anger the only line of defense left had he missed. 

[Image: 2yxj0w2.jpg]

I CANT SEE THIS IMAGE!! GRR.

Anyway, thanks for doing this even though I can't see most of your pictures.

I noticed during the game that Loston and Telvin were the wing guys, which makes sense to limit returns.  Whats the point though if A) Banger can't get the punt off and B) he punts beyond his coverage team.   Kid is a 3rd round pick, its not rocket science.  Know when you are backed up in the endzone vs a dangerous returner not to out punt your return team, hang it and kick it shorter if you must but don't let him get a head of steam just for a couple extra yards of distance.  It'll kill the net.

Also, Banger shoulder know that if a FB comes in that he needs to kick it shorter bc the coverage team is slower.  Special Teams are not doing great and its on Banger, Scobee, and Mallory for sucking it up this year.  3 blocked field goals, two back to back blocked punts, and a kickoff that goes out of bounds once we score (on a short field bc of the defense) to get within 3 on the road is miserable.  

Tinker looks good though, championship!

Quote:I CANT SEE THIS IMAGE!! GRR.

Anyway, thanks for doing this even though I can't see most of your pictures.

Try this link

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2yxj0w2&...FfpI95nz-Y

Quote:He's lying about trying to throw the ball out of bounds from the 20. Now all of a sudden he has a water pistol for an arm? The injury thing doesn't hold because they said he was "fine". He was looking for the big play when it wasn't necessary on 1st down. Throwing all these picks is starting to get to him. Lucky for him he only had one yesterday and he knows that.

I agree about the big play vs decision making, he does have an opportunity to learn from it though.  That is all you can ask for, it's up to Blake to take that next step.  I see him making 1 to 4 plays each game that could have been a film room lesson.  

Going back to the injury, maybe NYC4jags can look up the play.  I really think when he was being pulled down Blake didn't quit and used his strength to fight through the tackle.  BIG mistake, if he went down most likely no issue.  The way he fought through the tackle caused him to be rolled around a 303 pound All-Pro defensive tackle.

most of the interceptions I can understand.  this last one otoh... I have no idea where he was trying to go.  Throwing it out of bounds but the ball slipping almost makes sense

Quote:most of the interceptions I can understand.  this last one otoh... I have no idea where he was trying to go.  Throwing it out of bounds but the ball slipping almost makes sense

sure, its def cold for a kid from florida so he gets another rookie pass.  If he was doing this in his third year i'd be tearing my hair out.

Also, like Gabbert, Blake is young.  He seems more mature, but at that age there is a lot of bravado in your system.  Esp for a star QB in a small school.

Quote: 

Going back to the injury, maybe NYC4jags can look up the play.  I really think when he was being pulled down Blake didn't quit and used his strength to fight through the tackle.  BIG mistake, if he went down most likely no issue.  The way he fought through the tackle caused him to be rolled around a 303 pound All-Pro defensive tackle.
Couldn't tell much from the broadcast view.  Maybe more on the all-22 tomorrow.  

Note: he also hurt his left wrist in the fourth quarter when Atkins chased him out of the pocket. Looked quite painful.