Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Silly question about Denard Robinson

Ok some of you may laugh at me for this. 

Since Robinson is becoming more of a runningback in the traditional sense and can't really be classified as an OW(whatever that means), will the NFL force him to change numbers? I know they didn't for Devin Hester, but the Bears rarely started him at WR and his specialty was special teams. What do you think? The NFL is strict when it comes to numbers and their positions. 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014, 01:12 PM by badger.)

they didn't let him be OW last year.  A running back can be #16.  See Dri Archer (#13) as an example.

They are listed as RB/WR

Quote:Ok some of you may laugh at me for this. 

Since Robinson is becoming more of a runningback in the traditional sense and can't really be classified as an OW(whatever that means), will the NFL force him to change numbers? I know they didn't for Devin Hester, but the Bears rarely started him at WR and his specialty was special teams. What do you think? The NFL is strict when it comes to numbers and their positions. 

You're right, I am laughing at your silly question.   Tongue

Actually, it's an interesting question because it raises another question about whether a team is allowed to list a player as playing two different positions.  If so, DR is fine.  If not, the team will have to make a determination as to what position is most strategic for them (his strengths and what they want to draft later on) and go with that.

They won't make it change it. Devin Hester has gotten away with it his entire career.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014, 01:36 PM by JagsorDie.)

Quote:You're right, I am laughing at your silly question. Tongue

Actually, it's an interesting question because it raises another question about whether a team is allowed to list a player as playing two different positions. If so, DR is fine. If not, the team will have to make a determination as to what position is most strategic for them (his strengths and what they want to draft later on) and go with that.
it's really interesting because I am in a fantasy League that doesn't have a wr/rb flexed position. But d-rob is eligible for both. Which kind of makes him an offensive weapon even in fantasy football...so even if he doesn't start, he is eligible as a backup for 5 positions in your fantasy league making him a hell of a bye week player.

Yeah I wouldnt bet on him being 16 next year. Thats why im waiting to purchase a jersey.

Quote:Yeah I wouldnt bet on him being 16 next year. Thats why im waiting to purchase a jersey.
my thinking on the whole number deal, is the league will make you wear the number that you play for a majority of your snaps. You never know the league changes every 5 minutes nowadays

last jersey I bought was poz (still hope that it will last), before that had MJD... I think im done wasting money on them

Quote:last jersey I bought was poz (still hope that it will last), before that had MJD... I think im done wasting money on them
your problems are meager my friend. I posted this a while back, I have owned matt Jones, Byron Leftwich, Reggie Williams, and Blaine Gabbert Jerseys... I bought everyone when the player was either drafted or starting to show promise. I'm pretty sure that I am cursed so I will never own or purchase another Jaguar Jersey again. T shirts from now on lol.

Quote:your problems are meager my friend. I posted this a while back, I have owned matt Jones, Byron Leftwich, Reggie Williams, and Blaine Gabbert Jerseys... I bought everyone when the player was either drafted or starting to show promise. I'm pretty sure that I am cursed so I will never own or purchase another Jaguar Jersey again. T shirts from now on lol.

lol ya I had gave my dad a Leftwich jersey before.  he still wears it.

In 2007 I bought a Byron Leftwich authentic and had it tailored down to fit perfectly. 2 days after I picked it up from the dry cleaners, he was cut. Now, I just buy different numbers with my own name on them. If I start to suck and get cut, then I got bigger problems to worry about, lol.

Quote:your problems are meager my friend. I posted this a while back, I have owned matt Jones, Byron Leftwich, Reggie Williams, and Blaine Gabbert Jerseys... I bought everyone when the player was either drafted or starting to show promise. I'm pretty sure that I am cursed so I will never own or purchase another Jaguar Jersey again. T shirts from now on lol.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014, 01:58 PM by badger.)

Quote: In 2007 I bought a Byron Leftwich authentic and had it tailored down to fit perfectly. 2 days after I picked it up from the dry cleaners, he was cut. Now, I just buy different numbers with my own name on them. If I start to suck and get cut, then I got bigger problems to worry about, lol.

lololol you poor soul

Doubt the league makes him change it. Only reason Hester had to change him was he changed teams.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014, 02:10 PM by JagsorDie.)

Quote: In 2007 I bought a Byron Leftwich authentic and had it tailored down to fit perfectly. 2 days after I picked it up from the dry cleaners, he was cut. Now, I just buy different numbers with my own name on them. If I start to suck and get cut, then I got bigger problems to worry about, lol.

LOL finally someone who shares my jersey frustration....its a stupid and expensive problem to have isn't it?luckly though, I never made the mistake of going authentic Lol

Safe thing is to just buy a customized fred taylor jersey lol. I just recently bought a bortles jersey. I have had jones-drew, taylor, and Leftwich jerseys
No commercial messages in sigs

16 can be a RB. There's another RB that is #13 that I just can't remember the name of.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:16 can be a RB. There's another RB that is #13 that I just can't remember the name of.

Was Dri Archer drafted specifically to be a running back? Has he always been just a running back on offense?

I almost feel as if no question is dumb when it comes to NFL rules... As they are always changing them or ignoring them or whatever floats their boat....

A player who is considered an eligible receiver can keep his original number after a position switch, as long as he remains at an eligible position. For example, Devin Hester was allowed to keep #23 after converting from running back to wide receiver, even though #23 is not within the range of numbers allowed for wideouts entering the league. Same logic is at work for Robinson: he was a wideout last year and wore #16, and even though he's now a running back, he's allowed to keep that 16 because he's switching from one eligible position to another. If a player were to switch from, say, TE to OT, they would be forced to switch numbers, as their new position is not receiver-eligible.

Devin Hester switched to #17 in Atlanta because #23 was taken. Dri Archer is allowed to wear #13 because he's listed as a "WR/RB" by the Steelers.

I thought Hester converted from corner to receiver