Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I'm not drinking the kool aid again

Like Tom said, this is all nice and dandy but it's all about the winning and I'm not convinced that this team can win yet.

Last year they hyped up this team to be a Super Bowl contender and I bought into it, but we all know how that turned out.  Unless there is a tremendous turnaround with this current roster and we don't fix the O-Line and running game in Draft and FA I can't see this team winning more than 5-6 games tops.  It will still be an improvement but a far cry from top of division and playoff contention. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ok
Shock the world

ok

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote: 

Last year they hyped up this team to be a Super Bowl contender and I bought into it

gul·li·ble

<div style="font-size:large;">ˈɡələb(ə)l/

<div><i>adjective</i>

<ol class="">[*]

<div style="font-weight:lighter;">
<div style="margin-left:20px;">
<div style=";">
<div>easily persuaded to believe something; credulous.
"an attempt to persuade a gullible public to spend their money"

synonyms:

credulousnaive, overtrusting, overtrustful, easily deceived, easily taken in, exploitable, dupable, impressionableunsuspectingunsuspiciousunwaryingenuousinnocentinexperiencedunworldlygreen

</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

</ol></div>
</div>

[Image: MTIwNjA4NjM0MDc0MjY5MTk2.jpg]

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I thought this roster was a .500 team last year, and they were in enough games at the end that they aren't far off from that number right now. I have confidence that this new staff will address the very big things in a big way (running game, turnovers, missed FGs, special teams coverage) and practice true accountability in the details (penalties, technique, playbook, commitment). Get those right and we'll be just fine.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I have the same expectation I had last year. 

Less is unacceptable in my eyes and more is gravy. 

The OP said "They hyped this team up to be a Super Bowl contender..."

Who hyped this team up to be a Super Bowl contender last year?

Khan and Caldwell said a winning record was a reasonable expectation.

But a record as low as 9-7 is a long way from saying the team was a Super Bowl contender.

That said, the team has lost for a long time, and taking a wait and see attitude is perfectly understandable.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

[Image: kool-aid.jpg]

[Image: DD1.jpg]

Considering how much of a letdown this team has been for the last decade, it is wise not to be buying into anything yet. I totally understand the "I'll believe it when I see it" mentality. But in only a couple of days since Coughlin has taken over, there's no question there's already a different feel surrounding the Jags.

I love Kool-Aid, especially with a splash or 6 of vodka mixed in...but only for breakfast.  Jello shots are good too.

My buddies give me a hard time for being a Jags fan and in the last decade I haven't had much ammo to fire back. This year we did a trip to the game in Buffalo and after years of silence I was actually boasting that this game will actually mean something in the standings. Not exactly calling for a Super Bowl run - just that there may be playoff implications at stake. Serves me right I guess for having some hope. Yep, not going to believe it until I see it. And even then, I'll be fully prepared for a reversion the next season. This team has hit me hard.

Quote:I love Kool-Aid, especially with a splash or 6 of vodka mixed in...but only for breakfast.  Jello shots are good too.

Kool Aid is good, but I prefer Hi-C fruit punch with Everclear. 

Hi-C is too strong for me.

Quote:Like Tom said, this is all nice and dandy but it's all about the winning and I'm not convinced that this team can win yet.

Last year they hyped up this team to be a Super Bowl contender and I bought into it, but we all know how that turned out.  Unless there is a tremendous turnaround with this current roster and we don't fix the O-Line and running game in Draft and FA I can't see this team winning more than 5-6 games tops.  It will still be an improvement but a far cry from top of division and playoff contention. 

Show me where "they" hyped this team to be a Super Bowl contender. Some of the most optimistic claims were 9-7. Far from the SB.

And what does it hurt to be optimistic in August? Did it break your heart? It's not like a death in the family. It's only football.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

I stopped reading at hyped the team up to Super Bowl contenders.

What else does a fan have but hope? I refuse to go into this season thinking we'll be slightly better than last year. I expect to see the team that stomped the Titans last December.  There's no reason to expect any less.

Quote:Like Tom said, this is all nice and dandy but it's all about the winning and I'm not convinced that this team can win yet.

We were all deeply concerned about how you felt.

OP don't like the koolaide.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.