Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I'm not drinking the kool aid again

[Image: giphy.gif]

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah, I think we all said the same thing "NOT GOING TO DO IT, NOT GETTING FOOLED AGAIN".

Then.....Tom Coughlin came walking in and for some reason a little extra sugar was stirred in the kool-aid and well, SLUUURRRPPPPPP.

I'm drinking the hell outta that kool aid...I'm a sucker...and a glutton for punishment.

Have you seen my baseball?

I'd like to ask KingJones a question.

Do you think it's unrealistic to expect the team to play consistently at the same level which they played the Titans on December 24?

Because if they do, they'll have a good season.

I fall for it every year.  Not this year!  Until I see it on game day, I'm not falling for the offseason champs, I mean chumps.

[Image: 63568048.jpg]

Let's be real here, we're Jaguar fans who care enough to make hundreds if not thousands of posts on a Jaguars forum---we are mainlining Kool-Aid, but that's okay! We've built up a great tolerance for being let down over the last 10 or so years. 

There are moments when I despair and wish I could cheer for a successful team, but I am still drinking the teal Kool-Aid because it is who we are.

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

OP is right... except no one hyped us as super bowl contenders, just playoff contenders...

I wont buy in ever again until I see it... For years I stuck to that and just laughed at my own team, then this year I got duped... not again.

I expect 8 wins from this team next year.. that is perfectly achievable with our talent

Quote:OP don't like the koolaide.

[Image: giphy.gif]
I just have to say THAT'S AWESOME!

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

KJD, 8 wins?  You're drinking the kool aid my friend.

8 wins is realistic. Maybe more.  Hey man, our division sucks.

Until i see what we do in FA and draft, I will say that 3 wins is realistic, same as before. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Side effects of drinking the kool-aid:

Sadness

Depression

Suicidal thoughts

Embarrassment 

Anger

Debt

Laughter

Fear of highlight videos

Fear of eye contact on Mondays

Alcoholism 

Stupidity on forums

Irrational hatred for bald head men

Damn...looks like I drank the kool aid.

Have you seen my baseball?

Orange Soda > Kool Aid

I've got it on an IV drip
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:[Image: DD1.jpg]

If you take your finger and cover up Jim Carey's hair, that almost looks like Caldwell.

Quote:Like Tom said, this is all nice and dandy but it's all about the winning and I'm not convinced that this team can win yet.

Last year they hyped up this team to be a Super Bowl contender and I bought into it, but we all know how that turned out.  Unless there is a tremendous turnaround with this current roster and we don't fix the O-Line and running game in Draft and FA I can't see this team winning more than 5-6 games tops.  It will still be an improvement but a far cry from top of division and playoff contention. 

Superbowl contenders?  The highest I ever saw them picked was as a contender to win the division, the worst in the NFL.  They have talent but it's young and a lot depended on the maturation of the QB.  

Anyway, they have a saying in the investment world, past performance is not indicative of future results.  I think it applies here too.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I have 0 expectations.  This team has been so bad for so long it's hard to imagine winning.  I'm just going with the flow

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:8 wins is realistic. Maybe more.  Hey man, our division sucks.
Jags: Offseason Champs ever year, and a guarantee to 2-4 wins a year max! 

In all seriousness, it all comes down to Bortles. Can he fix himself this offseason? The whole TC, Marrone, etc. means absolutely nothing if Bortles plays the same way.