Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brady vs Manning

This should be a great game. Who wins it? My take, Brady always has the advantage at home. Especially against Manning. Patriots win a shoot out 34-31.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My gut feeling is your prediction will be very close to what happens tomorrow.   The Broncos are the better team on paper and would probably win this game anywhere else.   But in Foxborough,  MA.,   the Patriots almost always find a way to win in the regular season against the top teams and practically every other team.

Nobody can convince me Peyton choked the last time he went to New England. The turning point was obviously DRC getting hurt at the end of the first half. That game was like ours at Philadelphia - a turnover frenzy followed by a defensive back being knocked out in the first half, then the defense imploded without one of its star players. But if you ask Wes Welker, he will blame himself because of a botched fair catch attempt in overtime. Anyone who tries to call Peyton a choker for losing last year did not watch the game and is just hating on him.

Something weird came out of that game. All night Manning tightened his right glove before the snap. When Michele Tafoya explained why he did that, I thought he will never wear that glove again. The next week, he started wearing only his right glove instead of only the left as I expected. He is still doing that.

Broncos look to be a much better team, I say they get the win.

Brady

Quote:Nobody can convince me Peyton choked the last time he went to New England. The turning point was obviously DRC getting hurt at the end of the first half. That game was like ours at Philadelphia - a turnover frenzy followed by a defensive back being knocked out in the first half, then the defense imploded without one of its star players. But if you ask Wes Welker, he will blame himself because of a botched fair catch attempt in overtime. Anyone who tries to call Peyton a choker for losing last year did not watch the game and is just hating on him.

Something weird came out of that game. All night Manning tightened his right glove before the snap. When Michele Tafoya explained why he did that, I thought he will never wear that glove again. The next week, he started wearing only his right glove instead of only the left as I expected. He is still doing that.
JW,

I watched that entire game last year from start to finish; and I can tell you that Peyton choked in that game. Just like he did against Seattle in the Superbowl.

I might actually be one of the few Jags fans on here who liked Peyton even when he was kicking our butts twice a year in the AFC South. He has tremendous leadership skills, a strong character, and not to mention one of the best arms in the game. But, he's arguably the biggest choker since Dan Marino.

He'll be remembered long after he retires from football for his insane stats and passing records, but he will ultimately be looked at as another Dan Marino when it comes to Super Bowls and big game situations overall.

And I believe that had Peyton faced any other QB besides Rex Grossman in SB XLI, he would have lost.

I don't know why you keep coming up with all these excuses as to why Peyton lost that NE game last year. Losing one or two defensive players doesn't change the fact that the Broncos offense stalled for much of the 2nd half and into OT. If the Broncos really were the better team last year they would have won regardless.

I guess this is your inner Broncos fan starting to come out huh?

I just hope its close

Quote:JW,

I watched that entire game last year from start to finish; and I can tell you that Peyton choked in that game. Just like he did against Seattle in the Superbowl.

I might actually be one of the few Jags fans on here who liked Peyton even when he was kicking our butts twice a year in the AFC South. He has tremendous leadership skills, a strong character, and not to mention one of the best arms in the game. But, he's arguably the biggest choker since Dan Marino.

He'll be remembered long after he retires from football for his insane stats and passing records, but he will ultimately be looked at as another Dan Marino when it comes to Super Bowls and big game situations overall.

And I believe that had Peyton faced any other QB besides Rex Grossman in SB XLI, he would have lost.

I don't know why you keep coming up with all these excuses as to why Peyton lost that NE game last year. Losing one or two defensive players doesn't change the fact that the Broncos offense stalled for much of the 2nd half and into OT. If the Broncos really were the better team last year they would have won regardless.

I agree with this. I almost turned off the game last year when it was a first half blow out. Then like clockwork, Brady gets hot, and doesn't allow himself to lose, no matter the score. That was an impressive game by Brady and co. Peyton got frustrated, and Tom Brady for the 10th time got the best of him.

Peyton is a stat machine, but Brady will go down as one, if not the best clutch QB. It's a fun game to watch when they play. It's weird bc I'm more interested in watching this game today than the Jags.

Patriots gonna blow the Broncos out, not sure why I feel that's going to happen but I do.

Quote:JW,

Steve Young only made it to one SB. Does that put him in Marino category?

Brady 41-3 the last 5 years at home.

It's snowing like crazy. Brady will win.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:It's snowing like crazy. Brady will win.
I've seen weather forecasts for tonight showing wind gusts from 44-50 mph!

Wow!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Steve Young only made it to one SB. Does that put him in Marino category?
Young also lost a lot of games too when it mattered most. Luckily for him, he was riding behind the great Bill Walsh and the West Coast Offense. Along with other greats like Jerry Rice. And in 1994, the 49ers were arguably one of the most dominant NFL teams in history. Heck, Brady and Manning together couldn't beat the 1994 49ers on their best day. Period.

Quote:Young also lost a lot of games too when it mattered most. Luckily for him, he was riding behind the great Bill Walsh and the West Coast Offense. Along with other greats like Jerry Rice. And in 1994, the 49ers were arguably one of the most dominant NFL teams in history. Heck, Brady and Manning together couldn't beat the 1994 49ers on their best day. Period.
I agree.  As dominant as that 49ers team was, could you imagine what they would have done if Dallas were not in their way?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Just saw the weather. Manning is done. Lol

Pats are the favorites here. It'd be an impressive win for Peyton

Quote:Pats are the favorites here. It'd be an impressive win for Peyton
Pats aren't the favorites on any betting site.

Time to watch some real football players.

Quote:Pats aren't the favorites on any betting site.
 yeah, I saw the line opened with DEN as a 4 pt fav and moved to  as a 3 pt fav.

I think I heard some where that it's only the 3rd time Brady/BB has been a home dog, or something close to that.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.