Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Change Is Already Apparent

For those who watched the press conferences since Bradley was fired, you may have noticed a difference today.

Press conferences for Gus being fired and also Marrone being assigned the interim tag, both the coaches and Caldwell wore a dress shirt with a sport jacket. No tie, and shirts not fully buttoned up.

Fast forward to this morning, all members were in full suits and ties. There was not a hint of casual whatsoever in today's press conference. It has already begun. Tom has implemented the dress code and it is trickling down. I don't remember how Shad was dressed prior, so it may be trickling up as well.

Welcome back to camp Coughlin, Jacksonville.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sure change is evident but you're reaching for this one. Go back to Bradley being introduced as HC, they wore suits and ties.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:Sure change is evident but you're reaching for this one. Go back to Bradley being introduced as HC, they wore suits and ties.

Yep.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

This was a very interesting observation.....

Quote:For those who watched the press conferences since Bradley was fired, you may have noticed a difference today.

Press conferences for Gus being fired and also Marrone being assigned the interim tag, both the coaches and Caldwell wore a dress shirt with a sport jacket. No tie, and shirts not fully buttoned up.

Fast forward to this morning, all members were in full suits and ties. There was not a hint of casual whatsoever in today's press conference. It has already begun. Tom has implemented the dress code and it is trickling down. I don't remember how Shad was dressed prior, so it may be trickling up as well.

Whether the formality was symbolic to the occasion or not, it was not difficult to perceive the change in atmosphere and Coughlin left zero doubt that a change in culture has begun.  

I particularly like the fact that Marrone's style seems to intentionally compliment Coughlin's in terms of a "no nonsense" approach to player behavior/discipline. 

i.e.  "you have to earn the right to work here every day" and "I have one rule: Be a pro."  

My first observation that things had changed? When TC broke in and verbally slapped down that reporter. He doesn't put up with nonsense.

The players will find out soon enough.

Reaching or not, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a lot more "suit and tie" with Coughlin back in the mix..

I love it.. Gets their minds right.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

A Professional Football team that portrays itself as....professional, what a concept. 

The problem I saw with the Gus Bradley culture was that he wanted to be the players friend and not their boss. If we lost a game, he didn't knuckle down on them to improve, he focused on what was done right. It was a very millenial mindset. You don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or confidence by criticizing them. These players are professionals, treat them that way. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:Sure change is evident but you're reaching for this one. Go back to Bradley being introduced as HC, they wore suits and ties.
I didn't see that one. After 2 straight years of chemotherapy, I certainly wouldn't have remembered.

I was just comparing 2 weeks ago to today. I thought it was noteworthy. Anyone is free to disagree.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:For those who watched the press conferences since Bradley was fired, you may have noticed a difference today.

What did Blake wear?

So glad Tom didn't take a front office job with the Giants last year when they let him go as coach. IIRC they did offer him something, but it likely wouldn't have been a position over Jerry Reese. The stars really aligned for us on this assuming his influence does result in a bump in the win column which it should.

Did they have different haircuts too??

[Image: z9y3IH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2017, 01:57 AM by jaglyn.)

I got first dibs on eBay on all of Bortles' RVCA hats he always used to wear at press conferences

I just noticed that Doug's teal tie and Dave's werd 2 different shads.. i mean shades
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Yep.

The reach for the Bradley bashing is strong in full force. Remember how "awesome" JDR looked wearing a suit in the sidelines as we were losing his last few years here?

Remember how "organized" and rules-based we were under Mularkey when players would line up the helmets in practice?

Yeah, those things really meant a lot didn't it?

Quote:The reach for the Bradley bashing is strong in full force. Remember how "awesome" JDR looked wearing a suit in the sidelines as we were losing his last few years here?

Remember how "organized" and rules-based we were under Mularkey when players would line up the helmets in practice?

Looking organized and being organized are two different things.. That's like putting lipstick on a pig or throwin a slob into a tuxedo.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

LOL

Wallbash  Wallbash  Wallbash  Wallbash

Next....

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:The reach for the Bradley bashing is strong in full force. Remember how "awesome" JDR looked wearing a suit in the sidelines as we were losing his last few years here?

This is in no way bashing Bradley. I never have, and never will. I think he's a great, great guy who was just over his head in his first head coaching gig.

I am a huge Bradley fan.

It's just a sign of a beaten down fan base. We're so desperate we're left hoping that what people wear to a news conference in January will make a difference in September. Kind of sad. But that's what happens when you lose a lot. And I mean a lot.

Suits and ties, not plays.

I wonder if Shad had remind the other three, just before going out to the microphones, "Be sure to say winning a minimum of five times. The fan base loves it."

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.