Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Pereira Calls Out SEC Officiating

As well all know- when the greatest mind in the history of officiating questions your integrity- there's got to be a reason.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ficiating/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:As well all know- when the greatest mind in the history of officiating questions your integrity- there's got to be a reason.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ficiating/
Pretty crappy if true. I'd like to see the personal foul called on tape too.

This is a pretty harsh accusation to make without any real knowledge. Pereira could come out of this looking like a complete moron. Heck on one of the OT drives yesterday against the Cowboys and Redskins there was a blatant holding call missed that really helped Dallas out on a 3rd and long deep inside their own 5. Bad calls, missed calls, questionable calls etc are made all the time. It's part of the game itself.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Pereira doesn't say if he agreed with the calls or not, wish he would have said one way or the other. Seems to me he has difficulty with some of the way things are being done with an extra official on the field and being able to communicate with someone up in a box and this is his way of saying why it isn't a good idea.

;

Trav- please open your mind.  Then read the article.

Quote:Calls, especially bad ones, are a part of the game.  That is not his point:

From Mike himself---  

This play clearly demonstrated it happened again. From the time the ball was snapped for the punt until a decision was made by referee Matt Moore, 2:36 elapsed. During that time, you could obviously see the group of officials that had huddled were getting input from someone. Someone, somewhere, was giving them information on the personal foul penalty that was called a dead-ball foul on the kicking team.

What? Are you kidding me?

Two weeks ago, I asked the national coordinator of officials, Rogers Redding, who also happens to be the former coordinator of officials for the SEC, about this and he vehemently denied this process was taking place. He said the communications system was only for use of the officials on the field and no other person was on that system. 

Bull. --
Yes I read the article.

;

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2014, 12:37 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:Trav- please open your mind.  Then read the article.
I read it before you even posted the separate link my friend. And yes, irony is not lost on me. An FSU fan taking an accusation and running with it is quite comedic.

;

This has been going on for a while. Nothing new here.

Quote:This has been going on for a while. Nothing new here.

What has been going on?  I really dont know.

Do I think someone up top is communicating with officials on the field?  Probably.....but even the guy you guys are using to justify that is happening isnt disagreeing with any of the calls.

So whats your point?

Quote:What has been going on?  I really dont know.

Do I think someone up top is communicating with officials on the field?  Probably.....but even the guy you guys are using to justify that is happening isnt disagreeing with any of the calls.

So whats your point?

The SEC refs have been protecting their big dogs for a while now. That is my point.

One of the most blatant officiating erros I saw in college this year was not calling delay of game on the Gators in overtime. The SEC defended the back judge but the ball was definitely not moving when the play clock expired.

However the most widely talked-about one was the touchdown near halftime of the Alabama/Ole Miss game, which should not have happened because of a penalty.

Quote:One of the most blatant officiating erros I saw in college this year was not calling delay of game on the Gators in overtime. The SEC defended the back judge but the ball was definitely not moving when the play clock expired.

However the most widely talked-about one was the touchdown near halftime of the Alabama/Ole Miss game, which should not have happened because of a penalty.
That Alabama-Ole Miss TD play was ridiculous. 

;

Quote:The SEC refs have been protecting their big dogs for a while now. That is my point.

Do you have anything that proves that other than that article?  Again, even based on that article he didnt disagree with one call.

It's been rumored in the B1G as well....and I'm sure you can find instances in basically every conference.  It's happened in the NBA and rumored in almost every major sporting league across the world.  It's easy to say refs are cheating.

Quote:That Alabama-Ole Miss TD play was ridiculous. 

I read another missed penalty in that game was a lot worse and was shocked to never read a report about the Ole Miss player being suspended for that one.

Quote:I read it before you even posted the separate link my friend. And yes, irony is not lost on me. An FSU fan taking an accusation and running with it is quite comedic.

Me?  I am the Florida State Football fan?

Quote:Me?  I am the Florida State Football fan?

I'm guessing you dont root for an SEC team....lol

Quote:I'm guessing you dont root for an SEC team....lol

I kind of like Vanderbilt- mostly for their academics.  Are they still in the SEC?

Quote:The SEC refs have been protecting their big dogs for a while now. That is my point.
If that were true, Florida woudn't have had two seasons they did in a row. Talk about throwing something against the wall.

The Georgia Southern game used SEC officials.

;

Pereira is a joke. SEC officiating is definitely bad, but Pac-12 refs are almost universally reviled for how embarrassingly horrible they are, but he won't call them out since FOX cuts a big fat check to broadcast Pac-12 games.

Quote:Periera is a joke. SEC officiating is definitely bad, but Pac-12 refs are almost universally reviled for how embarrassingly horrible they are, but he won't call them out since FOX cuts a big fat check to broadcast Pac-12 games.

So he is afraid of losing his job by criticizing Pacific 12 officials? That does not make any sense.