Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Bengals fans are saying

Bengals fans seem to have only good things to say about us. Some of them think it is a trap game. From the team's official website message board:

I watched the Jags/Phins game today while watching the Bengals game. Cincy should win this game but the Jags D is playing better and they have 4 solid weapons in Shorts,Hurns, and the Robinson bros. They fought Miami tooth and nail harassing Tannehill on D and moving the ball on O in the first half.
I'm telling you they have looked much improved at home the past 2 weeks.
Bortles should turn it over a couple of times and we are at home so Cincy should pull away down the stretch.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not a team to overlook. If we play mistake free football then we will win. That's a big if though.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This game worries me a bit. Sooner or later the Jags are going to get sick of losing and open a can on somebody.

This is a good opportunity for us to right she ship and build some momentum if we stay focused and keep the hammer down.

I really hope we're not overlooking this team.

little bit of a statement game in my opinion. Yeah lesser competition, can easily be a trap game off an emotional game vs division rival. But we need to show we will not play down to the level of the competition.

We need to see all facets clicking and getting stronger like they starting showing on Sunday. Keep working towards repair.

Never underestimate the Jaguars defense.

I see a lot of replies from people that probably have never watched a single down of Jags football other than the high/lowlights.
As I already mentioned this D is playing much better. Two of Miami's TD's this past weekend came off of pick six plays. They completely shut Miami down in the first half and their O moved the ball consistently between the 20's against a solid Phins D. They are getting healthy on O and Bortles is starting to gain some chemistry with his WR's. 
Jax has been using some good gadget plays and Shoelace is running with confidence.
Cincy should win but it may be close for awhile.

Backup and rookie QBs always seem to find a way to beat us. Im a little worried about this game.

On top of the solid running Bortles has been using DR as his outlet and on those little middle dump off type of passes that seem to hurt our D at times.
They ran the same reverse that we did with Sanu this past Sunday. They ran it like three times I think with DR ripping off a big gain on one of them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What Jaguars fans are saying: We suck.

Right now we live and die by bortles. We're 3-5 instead of 1-7 with better QB play, but that's part of starting a rookie. Should pay off next year.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I'm waiting on that can of whoop [BLEEP] to be opened as well!

Quote:Right now we live and die by bortles. We're 3-5 instead of 1-7 with better QB play, but that's part of starting a rookie. Should pay off next year.

This is probably correct.  We could should have beaten the t'acks.  We honestly should have beaten Miami.  Heck, even the Philly game was winnable if our offense could have moved the ball in the 2nd half...

This team is on the verge...  But QB play right now is holding us back.  The good news?  The QB is a rookie that is moving the ball up and down the field.  He's just gotta figure out how to play in the NFL.  

If our D continues at this current trajectory, don't be shocked if BB5 figures it out very soon and we start running off multiple wins.  

I think we could very easily end up with 5-6 wins...  It's really on BB5 to get acclimated to his position.  Once that happens, we could be playing spoiler for other teams the rest of this season.

It's nice to have the respect of other teams fans. Honestly, the only ones who took us lightly (as an overall fan base) was ironically the Browns.

People know this team is on the verge. We aren't regressing like the Bucs or Jets
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Sounds like you could replace Bengals with intelligent. They know it's their game to lose. Overlooking and shooting themselves in the foot is the only way we win this one. They have talent and are playing at home.

No pain, no gain.

Jaguars fans are saying:  Why did she start another thread?  Please make them go away.

Quote:Jaguars fans are saying:  Why did she start another thread?  Please make them go away.

C'mon, Raven. Cut her some slack.  Confusedweat:

I enjoy these threads as I don't have the patience nor the desire to go rooting around the internet for an outsiders take on our squad. The fact that she puts these here makes it easy to gauge what fans of our opponents are saying.

Keep doing what you do, JW. I personally appreciate it.  :thumbsup:

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Being called a "TRAP GAME" is not actually a compliment.

@Eric -- I'm not pushing the 3-5 record as we lost to the Titans w/ Whitehurst.   If you're going with 3-5 you might as well go 4-4 and erase the Steelers pick 6 changed the game as well.

Quote:Being called a "TRAP GAME" is not actually a compliment.

I was thinking the same thing.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I love this quote "This game worries me.  Sooner or later the Jags are going to get sick of losing..."  

:woot:

I like this one as well ...... "They are getting healthy on O"

I think we really just figured out that our 2nd team camp offense is better than our 1st team.

everybody is worried about "playing down to the level of competition".... that doesn't really make sense to me.  maybe your team just isn't that good.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2014, 10:31 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

... right, especially at home.

I can understand going out to the west coast and coming out flat but the Bengals need a win to stay on top of the division, they are at home, and AJ Green is back.

Quote:@Eric -- I'm not pushing the 3-5 record as we lost to the Titans w/ Whitehurst. If you're going with 3-5 you might as well go 4-4 and erase the Steelers pick 6 changed the game as well.

The point being that we are really only a handful of plays from having a totally different outcome on this season. We couldn't have said the same for last season.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

All these fans always say the same things: trap game.

Bortles just can't seem to read defenses that well..not surprising since he played at a middle tier school. One day it will click, here's hoping it clicks week.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

The Jaguars are a team no one wants to play against, despite the record. This team stops the run, rushes the passer, and is plays solid coverage in the secondary. If the offense is competent this is a team that can easily be 4-4, we're not that far away, assuming the offense keeps progressing.