Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Bengals fans are saying

Quote:It's nice to have the respect of other teams fans. Honestly, the only ones who took us lightly (as an overall fan base) was ironically the Browns.

People know this team is on the verge. We aren't regressing like the Bucs or Jets
I'm not so sure if what we're hearing is 'respect' so much as 'pity'....

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Losing to the Jags gets coaches fired.
FACT!!!

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:I'm not so sure if what we're hearing is 'respect' so much as 'pity'....

After the Eagles game, Allen Hurns was nominated for Offensive Rookie of the Week. Yesterday he was named one of the best undrafted rookies. So even if fans of other teams, including the Bengals, are just pitying us, we are getting respect around the league.

I think this game is winnable.

They struggle against the run and our run game is beginning to gain steam.  DRob could have another big game this week.  If Joeckel gets the green light to play this week that'd help too.  He's a key in the run game.

Dalton and his giant contract don't scare me.  A.J. Green does but he's coming back from injury.  Sanu scares me more at this stage than Green.  

If we can get after Dalton and Bortles doesn't spot them 14 points this game could be a win.

Quote:I think this game is winnable.

They struggle against the run and our run game is beginning to gain steam.  DRob could have another big game this week.  If Joeckel gets the green light to play this week that'd help too.  He's a key in the run game.

Dalton and his giant contract don't scare me.  A.J. Green does but he's coming back from injury.  Sanu scares me more at this stage than Green.  

If we can get after Dalton and Bortles doesn't spot them 14 points this game could be a win.

Both receivers scare me. Injured or not, Green can kill backup defensive backs playing musical chairs at cornerback.

This is the one game where I think Gerhart can get some decent numbers when he plays, but of course I want to see a lot of Shoelace.

We can definitely get after Dalton, but I am not sure about their pass defense.

The most important thing Sunday is DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER. Even one fumble or interception will be scary to watch.

Quote:I think this game is winnable.

They struggle against the run and our run game is beginning to gain steam. DRob could have another big game this week. If Joeckel gets the green light to play this week that'd help too. He's a key in the run game.

Dalton and his giant contract don't scare me. A.J. Green does but he's coming back from injury. Sanu scares me more at this stage than Green.

Their defense has been struggling pretty bad the past few weeks. Their secondary is getting up there (although Kirkpatrick is starting to play better now). Injuries really have decimated them on both sides of the ball lately (They'll still be without Eifert and Zeitler which are very important to them).

That said, I would think this game could be tight. But, Cincinnati is really starting to show a strong "Home Field Advantage" that they haven't had in a very long time.

Their home record is 14-2-1 since Nov 11 2012.

-Nugent missed a chip shot to win for the tie

-Lost their playoff to SD last Jan

-The last time they lost at home before that was by a last second FG to Dallas in Nov 2012

But hey,, that advantage has to slide back on them at some point, right?!

Bengals will win, but Jags will make it very interesting,, IMO.

Quote:Their defense has been struggling pretty bad the past few weeks. Their secondary is getting up there (although Kirkpatrick is starting to play better now). Injuries really have decimated them on both sides of the ball lately (They'll still be without Eifert and Zeitler which are very important to them).

That said, I would think this game could be tight. But, Cincinnati is really starting to show a strong "Home Field Advantage" that they haven't had in a very long time.

Their home record is 14-2-1 since Nov 11 2012.

-Nugent missed a chip shot to win for the tie

-Lost their playoff to SD last Jan

-The last time they lost at home before that was by a last second FG to Dallas in Nov 2012

But hey,, that advantage has to slide back on them at some point, right?!

Bengals will win, but Jags will make it very interesting,, IMO.

Why do you care about statistics dating from November 11, 2012? That date does not mean anything except they played on Veterans Day.

The only statistics that matter are those from this season. A different Bengals team lost to San Diego in the playoffs. A different Bengals team lost to Dallas in 2012.

How good are they at home in 2014? They would be undefeated there if Mike Nugent had not missed that chip shot attempt. On the road they have a losing record (1-2). They also are undefeated against divisional opponents, have a winning record in the AFC (3-2), and would be undefeated in non-conference games if Nugent had made his game-ending attempt. That miss against the Panthers also prevented them from breaking even on points, so they gave up one three more points than they scored.

Quote:If teams are afraid of being humiliated by the Jaguars, they must know we are better than our record or think it is a trap game. No team would be afraid of losing if they really believed we suck.
We are not better than our record says.

We need to just keep running the ball if it's working like the last 2 weeks. Don't force Blake to make plays.

Trap game? 

Quote:The Jaguars are a team no one wants to play against, despite the record. This team stops the run, rushes the passer, and is plays solid coverage in the secondary. If the offense is competent this is a team that can easily be 4-4, we're not that far away, assuming the offense keeps progressing.
LOL! Wow! This made me laugh. No team wants to play the Jags? Can I have some of that stuff you're smoking?

Quote:The most important thing Sunday is DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER. Even one fumble or interception will be scary to watch.

This is the key. Our offense isn't good enough to erase turn overs. Teams with offensive machines can make up for lost ground, we can't. Every drive must count to either score or pin them back on punts. I realize this sounds like it was written by Captain Obvious, but it's exactly what killed us against Miami.

Quote:This is the key. Our offense isn't good enough to erase turn overs. Teams with offensive machines can make up for lost ground, we can't. Every drive must count to either score or pin them back on punts. I realize this sounds like it was written by Captain Obvious, but it's exactly what killed us against Miami.

Thank you Capt. homebiscuit.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Why do you care about statistics dating from November 11, 2012? That date does not mean anything except they played on Veterans Day.

The only statistics that matter are those from this season. A different Bengals team lost to San Diego in the playoffs. A different Bengals team lost to Dallas in 2012.

How good are they at home in 2014? They would be undefeated there if Mike Nugent had not missed that chip shot attempt. On the road they have a losing record (1-2). They also are undefeated against divisional opponents, have a winning record in the AFC (3-2), and would be undefeated in non-conference games if Nugent had made his game-ending attempt. That miss against the Panthers also prevented them from breaking even on points, so they gave up one three more points than they scored.

JW,, I went back that far (NOV 2012) to illustrate that over the last 2 full seasons for them in Cincy (halfway through this season + all of last season + last half of 2012) they have only lost 2 games out of the last 17 home appearences.

It is basically the same Bengals team as last season and even the season prior (except that alot of their key players were much younger).

They have developed a real home field advantage there lately.

Their road games have nothing to do with it, since the Jags are playing in Cincy.

The reason their total points are skewed is because of those two embarrassing ROAD game blowouts to the Patriots and Colts.

They have not been on the losing side at home all year, which puts them at a very positive score differential in CINCY. They blew out the Titans and beat the Falcons handily.

IMO, the only way the Jags can win this week is if basically the Bengals do alot of dumb mistakes (similar to the Browns vs Jags this year).

If the Bengals don't get alot of stupid penalties (Andre Smith, Gresham, Burfict are terrible with that), they don't needlessly turn the ball over (Gresham, Tate, Dalton are certainly capable of turnovers), and Nugent doesn't choke on his FG attempts (he has not been very good this year),, the Bengals will win.

I think it'll be close. But, it'll take the Bengals shooting themselves in the foot alot for a Jags win.

The Bengals are certainly capable of "Bungling," but a I really don't expect that in Cincy.

We'll see.

Quote:We are not better than our record says.

Where were you when Josh Scobee had a 55-yard attempt blocked? We would have won that game if he made it.

There is no reason to think just because we lost that game, we are not good enough to win at Tennessee.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 8px;">Jags a 'good team': Veteran Bengals defensive end Wallace Gilberry thinks the 1-8 Jaguars are on the cusp of greatness. "That's a good team," he said. "I don't care what nobody says. They're young, and when they find out how to win, people are going to have to deal with them. Mark my words."