Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Bengals fans are saying

I say if the Jags can get Dalton to play like he does in the playoffs, they will have a chance to win the game.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Right now we live and die by bortles. We're 3-5 instead of 1-7 with better QB play, but that's part of starting a rookie. Should pay off next year.
I completely agree. It's just part of the growing pains. The big question is if he will progress or regress. Lately, it seems like a regress. But like all greats in the game, you can't succeed without failures. This is definitely a possible great learning experience for him. I hope it sticks and he grows from it.

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Jaguars fans are saying:  Why did she start another thread?  Please make them go away.

Do you not see the irony of you clicking on this thread and posting the above? Please do not presume to speak for all Jaguar fans.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:It's nice to have the respect of other teams fans. Honestly, the only ones who took us lightly (as an overall fan base) was ironically the Browns.

People know this team is on the verge. We aren't regressing like the Bucs or Jets

If what I have been reading the last few weeks represents opinions of the overall fan bases, Dolphins fans took us more lightly than anyone else.

Quote:C'mon, Raven. Cut her some slack.

I enjoy these threads as I don't have the patience nor the desire to go rooting around the Internet for an outsider's take on our squad. The fact that she puts these here makes it easy to gauge what fans of our opponents are saying.

Keep doing what you do, JW. I personally appreciate it.

I assume you are not the only one because Raven is the first to criticize my idea for a weekly thread. It is fun to read comments about the Jaguars that show some fans of other teams know something good instead of all trash talk. I just hope the "Robinson brothers" comment was not an assumption Allen and Denard are related.

Quote:Being called a "TRAP GAME" is not actually a compliment.

It means if the Bengals think they can sleepwalk over us, we will win.

Quote:Everybody is worried about "playing down to the level of competition".... That doesn't really make sense to me.  Maybe your team just isn't that good.

We used to do this in the JDR era - beat some good teams like the Steelers and lost to lousy opponents such as Oakland. It gave us a reputation of "playing down to the competition."

Quote:Bortles just can't seem to read defenses that well..not surprising since he played at a middle tier school. One day it will click, here's hoping it clicks week.

Nonsense. Ben Roethlisberger went to Miami University, which is in the MAC. That's what I call a middle tier school, not a team that played at the Fiesta Bowl last season.

Also, about half of the interceptions were not Blake's fault. Sometimes he did everything right, but the receiver screwed up.

Quote:I say if the Jags can get Dalton to play like he does in the playoffs, they will have a chance to win the game.

We can make him play worse than that. The question is can we get A.J. Green to play that bad?

Quote: I was thinking the same thing.
well... it isn't like we're stiff competition vying for their playoff spots....

Quote:I just hope the "Robinson brothers" comment was not an assumption Allen and Denard are related.

I assure you, it wasn't. It's just a somewhat common way of referring to two people with the same last name who may or may not be actually related. I'm sure there's an actual term for such phrases but right now, I haven't the foggiest what that might be.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:I assure you, it wasn't. It's just a somewhat common way of referring to two people with the same last name who may or may not be actually related. I'm sure there's an actual term for such phrases but right now, I haven't the foggiest what that might be.

OK good. I always assumed they are not. Robinson is a common name. But it would not surprise me.

Quote:We can make him play worse than that. The question is can we get A.J. Green to play that bad?

Maybe if we accidentally land on his big toe while making the tackle after his first catch.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:What Jaguars fans are saying: We suck.

But we suck because of mistakes. Eliminate the mistakes and eliminate the suck.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote: Maybe if we accidentally land on his big toe while making the tackle after his first catch.

That should not be necessary.

Alright, this is the week I'm finally going to make an account. I've lived in Cincinnati all of my life and I think I'm the only Jags fan in existance up here. I actually worse my Blake Bortles jersey to a Cincinnati Red's game this year and gentleman ran up to me and took a picture of me because he live in Jacksonville. Anyways, I've been a long time reader(2 years) and I'm part of multiple message boards so as to why it took so long to make an account here I dont know. Regardless I'm here now. 

I am going to the game this Sunday so I'm excited about that. Being from around here all I get to watch on TV is the Bengals, I stream Jacksonville games on my laptop and watch Bengals on TV. I've seen a lot of the Bengals and this game is very winable. Especially if AJ Green is out. Andy Dalton without Green is very middle of the pack QB. So we should all hope for Green to stay out. Mohammed Sanu is their next biggest weapon. With Green out he is slowly emerging as a very very solid #2 and would be a #1 on most teams. To the defense, this is where the Bengals have been struggling as of late. Their DB's are getting older and out of date. Reggie Nelson is in the secondary and been very solid for them. That will be their biggest weakness.

Didn't want to make my first post on this board to be super large, hopefully this is to many more posts!

Quote:Alright, this is the week I'm finally going to make an account. I've lived in Cincinnati all of my life and I think I'm the only Jags fan in existance up here. I actually wore my Blake Bortles jersey to a Cincinnati Reds game this year and gentleman ran up to me and took a picture of me because he live in Jacksonville. Anyways, I've been a long time reader (2 years) and I'm part of multiple message boards so as to why it took so long to make an account here I dont know. Regardless I'm here now. 

I am going to the game this Sunday so I'm excited about that. Being from around here all I get to watch on TV is the Bengals, I stream Jacksonville games on my laptop and watch Bengals on TV. I've seen a lot of the Bengals and this game is very winable. Especially if AJ Green is out. Andy Dalton without Green is very middle of the pack QB. So we should all hope for Green to stay out. Mohammed Sanu is their next biggest weapon. With Green out he is slowly emerging as a very very solid #2 and would be a #1 on most teams. To the defense, this is where the Bengals have been struggling as of late. Their DBs are getting older and out of date. Reggie Nelson is in the secondary and been very solid for them. That will be their biggest weakness.

Didn't want to make my first post on this board to be super large, hopefully this is to many more posts!

Welcome to the board! I lived in Franklin County most of my life so I was always stuck with Browns and Bengals until my mom bought DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. I'm in north Florida now, so I can watch the Jaguars without a satellite but not all Ohio State games.

Wear as much teal as possible on Sunday and bring a sign to show your support. You probably are the only Jaguars fan in Hamilton County.

Do you know A.J. Green's status for the game? It seems like everyone is expecting him to play but nobody says if he is just back at practice or off the injury report.

Reggie Nelson was drafted by the Jaguars. We traded him to the Bengals because he was terrible. How did he get much better in Cincinnati?

An OSU fan you say????  :unsure:  For the game I'll be reppin my Bortles jersey proudly. As far as AJ playing, if he does end up playing expect very little snap from him. They're not risking putting him in fully ready to go. I think if he goes in he will be a decoy. My fantasy team wishes him back but not this week. If he plays expect 2-4 targets. Nothing big. That being said he is still a top 3 reciever in the league and those targets can easily be turned into big plays. I remember when Reggie was drafted then traded to the Bengals, he wasn't solid. I have no idea how he ended up being good for them. 

The board that I am on is an all around sports board. They haven't even created a prediction thread, they assume it's a lock win. 

I think it all depends on if AJ Green plays and how he plays. He is a huge difference maker for Cinci. I would love to get this win tho.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2014, 10:54 PM by muddylips.)

Quote:The Jaguars are a team no one wants to play against, despite the record. This team stops the run, rushes the passer, and is plays solid coverage in the secondary. If the offense is competent this is a team that can easily be 4-4, we're not that far away, assuming the offense keeps progressing.
The Jaguars are a team no one wants to play against.... true enough, but not for the reasons you gave. No one wants to play against us because if by some miracle the Jags were to win, then that team would have a loss to one of the worse teams in the NFL.... among other words, losing to the Jags would be humiliating for a good team. It would be particularly humiliating for a team like the bengals who are contenders. At this point in the season, it's already pretty clear who's going to the play offs and who isn't. A win against Jacksonville isn't really something to brag about, but a loss to Jacksonville would be like getting beat up by the weakest kid in school. Not much to gain by winning and a whole lot to lose for the teams who play us....

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:The Jaguars are a team no one wants to play against.... true enough, but not for the reasons you gave. No one wants to play against us because if by some miracle the Jags were to win, then that team would have a loss to one of the worse teams in the NFL.... among other words, losing to the Jags would be humiliating for a good team. It would be particularly humiliating for a team like the bengals who are contenders. At this point in the season, it's already pretty clear who's going to the play offs and who isn't. A win against Jacksonville isn't really something to brag about, but a loss to Jacksonville would be like getting beat up by the weakest kid in school. Not much to gain by winning and a whole lot to lose for the teams who play us....

If teams are afraid of being humiliated by the Jaguars, they must know we are better than our record or think it is a trap game. No team would be afraid of losing if they really believed we suck.

Quote:The Jaguars are a team no one wants to play against.... true enough, but not for the reasons you gave. No one wants to play against us because if by some miracle the Jags were to win, then that team would have a loss to one of the worse teams in the NFL.... among other words, losing to the Jags would be humiliating for a good team. It would be particularly humiliating for a team like the bengals who are contenders. At this point in the season, it's already pretty clear who's going to the play offs and who isn't. A win against Jacksonville isn't really something to brag about, but a loss to Jacksonville would be like getting beat up by the weakest kid in school. Not much to gain by winning and a whole lot to lose for the teams who play us....
Losing to the Jags gets coaches fired.

Quote:Losing to the Jags gets coaches fired.

LOL That was true last year, but I don't see the Browns firing Mike Pettine after only one season. We actually worried about losing that one because they improved after getting Brian Hoyer back.