Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Paul Casey or Mike Smith

If Mike Smith gets the axe in the ATL, would you prefer him over Paul? I would implore Shahid Khan to fire the cheer leader and hire Mike Smith. Mike was probably the best coach the Jags had on staff since Tom Coughlin. What do y'all think?  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Really?  

Huh

Paul Casey is a golfer....
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Ummm no thanks.......If y'all ran a franchise, we'd never have a coach/team. Everybody would be cut after every game...

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Ummm no thanks.......If y'all ran a franchise, we'd never have a coach/team. Everybody would be cut after every game...

GO JAGS!!

I can't really argue with that one. But If I could make one change in spite of all my aggravation with Borltes so far it would be to get a real HC. Because then I think Borltes would be put in positions to win. 

I guarantee gus wont be back next year if this team only gets 2/3 wins. Would make khan look hypocritical for firing mularkey.

Caldwell is gonna survive, front office guys get a bigger buffer. But i can see caldwell's end of season meeting with khan going something like this:

Shad: so, what the heck happened out there? Is it lack of talent, or something else.

Caldwell: NO NO NO, i just dont think our coaches are getting the most out of the players.

Offense has been the issue for years and years.... Only scoring 20 once is a disgrace. Those blocked kicks shouldnt even be the biggest concern because we shouldnt have to kick this much.

At this point the defense looks better. I think the staff's jobs will hang on whether or not bortles shows improvement the seconf half. If not, caldwell may want to get his QB some better coaching. It's ALL about the offense now.

Mike Smith... lol

Getting Mike smith would be tempting...after all he's had his early years learning HC job behind him.

Just too soon to put another coach on this team...besides, I'm betting Gus keeps Khan's support for another year.

THEN...his seat will warm up.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

id just like to see a big time offensive coordinator come in. someone really good with young quarterbacks and a proven system.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

ThunderCat - Big time Jaguar "fan"

do we really wanna be the raiders?  firing your staff every year is the best way to ensure you can never get any decent staff at all.   who would want to work for that except the bottom of the barrel who will take any chance.  like the raiders staff.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2014, 03:49 PM by Scarecrow.)

This board would benefit from you losing your thread starting privileges, me thinks.   The Paul Casey thing was dumb the first 100 times you said it...and it's still dumb now.

Mike Smith? Yeah, no thanks.  The guy is failing with talent in Atlanta.  Let's bring him in with lesser talent and see how that works.  Brilliant plan.  Mike Smith as a head coach sucks.

If Shad dumps Gus it sure as hell better be for someone better than Mike Smith.

Quote:do we really wanna be the raiders? firing your staff every year is the best way to ensure you can never get any decent staff at all. who would want to work for that except the bottom of the barrel who will take any chance. like the raiders staff.

7 wins in 2 years would be unacceptable. The raiders arent bad because of staff turnover, theyre bad because they have bad players

Dont get me wrong, continuity doesnt hurt. But when no progress is being shown in the w/l column.....

Continuity only seems to work with good players and a good head coach in place..... Funny how that works.

JDR was the longest tenured head coach to have a losing record. That right there is the arguement against continuity for continuity sake.

The raiders also fired hue jackson after an 8-8 year.... Same with tom cable. Gus hasnt sniffed 8-8. The raiders are the raiders because theyre stupid.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2014, 03:58 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:This board would benefit from you losing your thread starting privileges, me thinks.   The Paul Casey thing was dumb the first 100 times you said it...and it's still dumb now.

Mike Smith? Yeah, no thanks.  The guy is failing with talent in Atlanta.  Let's bring him in with lesser talent and see how that works.  Brilliant plan.  Mike Smith as a head coach sucks.

If Shad dumps Gus it sure as hell better be for someone better than Mike Smith.
I hate to sound like TMD, but at this point I'd be disappointed if we fired Gus Bradley, and didn't hire someone like Jim Harbaugh.  That said, I hope Gus keeps his job at this point.  I don't think we should fire him and try to get Harbaugh.  I just think if we do fire him, that we better get someone like Harbaugh.   I still think Gus can turn this team around.  

If we're going to bring back a coach, it should be Del Rio  Ninja  But I certainly wouldn't fire Gus to bring him back.  

Just to be clear, because my post sounds confusing:

-Gus Bradley should keep his job

-IF khan decides to fire him, then I hope we bring in a Super Bowl coach;  though I wouldn't necessarily agree with the firing at this point.

-I think Del Rio is a better head coach than Mike Smith

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Im sure gus gave one hell of a performance in his job interview tho

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2014, 04:41 PM by ThunderCat.)

Full disclosure here, I'm a fan and former STH. Before that I used to buy the 3 packs. I'm not a troll. I'm just a fan that has grown tired of being in the cellar. Our owner has money. I would love to see it spent on a caliber coach like Harbough. If not Mike Smith I think a guy like Art Briles. I look at our current HC and its silly to me. He may have the room and he may be the best motivator for young talent. But you'd be lying if you weren't wondering whether he can really get these guys to win. He can't beat winnable teams now. What is he gonna do when the cupboards full? Luck into an 8-8 record? Then everyone will be satisfied because were not bottom feeders anymore. I don't want that. If Caldwell continues to draft well, with the right HC there's no reason why the Jags can't realistically go from worse to first. 

If the team wins 2 or 3 games (and we are headed that way), Bradley's job will, and should, come into question.

No offense. But offering Mike Smith as the alternative is dumb.

I'd have no problem if Bradley was fired. I have little reason to believe he will ever be a great head coach.

The Caldwell/Greg Roman connection is an interesting one to me.