Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 10 Games Of Interest

Thursday, August 30th

7:30 PMNo. 2 Florida State at Louisville

Saturday, November 1st

3:30 PM Florida vs. No. 9 Georgia*

Man, I hope Florida shows up!

3:30 PMNo. 10 TCU at No. 20 West Virginia

7:00 PMNo. 4 Auburn at No. 7 Ole Miss

Another Huge SEC West game

7:15 PM Arkansas at No. 1 Mississippi State

10:30 PMNo. 14 Arizona at No. 25 UCLA

11:00 PMNo. 18 Utah at No. 15 Arizona State

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am not sure if I want to watch the Florida/Georgia game. The Gators will be dog food.

Quote:I am not sure if I want to watch the Florida/Georgia game. The Gators will be dog food.
True fan.

;

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2014, 01:06 AM by Fred Jones-Brunell.)

Ark at MSU could be a potential upset. If the Arkansas D can force a few turnovers or catch a lucky break or two, that constant downhill attack can really wear out a Defense. Stopping the two headed monster of Prescott and Robinson will most likely too much to overcome though. Arkansas isn't built for a shoot out either.

Im also curious to see how Ole Miss bounces back. Lsu over powered them so I think that defense should handle a finese team rather well. Losing Denzel Nkemdichie could hurt them though.

Also, im thinking between WVU and TCU, we see about 100 points total.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:I'm thinking between WVU and TCU, we see about 100 points total.

Shootout or blowout?

Because TCU is #10 and Ohio State is #13, I will root for West Virginia in that one.

Quote:Ark at MSU could be a potential upset. If the Arkansas D can force a few turnovers or catch a lucky break or two, that constant downhill attack can really wear out a Defense. Stopping the two headed monster of Prescott and Robinson will most likely too much to overcome though. Arkansas isn't built for a shoot out either.

Im also curious to see how Ole Miss bounces back. Lsu over powered them so I think that defense should handle a finese team rather well. Losing Denzel Nkemdichie could hurt them though.

Also, im thinking between WVU and TCU, we see about 100 points total.
Everything has potential. If I was betting, I'd take the favorite at +15 in Miss. St over Arkansas.

;

Go Mountaineers!!!!

Quote:Go Mountaineers!!!!

Are you a West Virginia fan or TCU hater?

Big play for Louisville to start this one off, Parker with a wide open deep catch.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014, 08:48 PM by Achilles.)

LOL at jameis and FSU

EDIT: LOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

havent filled this out yet.  Had been planning on going down to UGA-FL as always but probably wont make it this year.  Just not feeling great and the drive is long for such a short weekend.  Plus it looks like it might actually be kinda chilly down there.  highs in the 50s and really breezy?  definitely wont be beach weather saturday morning before the game.  nor fishing weather with all that wind.  Too bad because I usually enjoy that weekend.  Have to be next year.

ODU at Vandy - I dont think this is a guaranteed win for Vandy.  We stink this year.  Need to fire Dorrell in the offseason and move to a spread offense.  This west coast crap doesnt work in college unless you have elite talent.  Someone needs to tell Dorrell that what works in the NFL doesnt necessarily work in college.  Whole differnet animal.

Cocktail party - UGA I see is becoming a trendy pick to sneak into the playoff.  Obviously if they win out they are a lock.  But games againts Auburn and the SEC West champ will be tough.  I'm not even going to guarantee them this win against Florida.  Granted Georgia seems to be hitting their stride and Florida is struggling.  But UGA hasnt won this game in a blowout in years.  Decades!  the last couple years Florida has stunk but has played UGA close.  You just never know in these rivalry games.  Wouldnt be surprised if Florida comes out playing tough once again.  Muschamp needs this game.  Although i still think the Dawgs win.

other games...

Auburn at Ole Miss - Obviously the biggest game of the week and essentially an elimination game.  You'd be lying if you said you had both teams in the playoff committee's top 4.  Nobody saw that especially after Ole Miss just dropped a game to LSU in which their offense didnt look good.  But Ole Miss does have some good wins and is a legitimately good team.  I like Auburn in this game though.  Just like last year they seem to be getting better as the year progresses.  And I think their offense matches up well.  LSU was able to run on Ole Miss and Auburn shoudl be able to do the same.  Auburn's weakness is their defense.  Carolina put up a ton of poitns and yards (although the Gamecocks were going for it on 4th down every single chance and kicking it onsides.... basically throwing out all the stops).  As far as the elimination game, if there is one team out there I think could have two losses and get in is Auburn.  Obviously they would need a lot of help from other one loss teams and average conference championships.  But Auburn's schedule is brutal this year.  And so I wouldnt say a loss here completely eliminates them.  That win at K-State is earning them lots of love from the committee.  i think a loss would be tough for Ole Miss though.

FSU at Lousiville - game is going on as I type this.  21-7 Louisville right now.  Could be / should be up 28-7.  Still a lot of time left... and FSU should have momentum going into the half.  and FSU has been able to come from behind a bunch this year.  But they dont look good.  Honestly if they lose this game, I'm not sure they make the playoff.  Wouldnt have enough wins over good teams and have had too many so-so wins against average teams.  But I think its 50/50 they come back and win this game.

TCU at West Virginia - TCU's offense looks unstoppable!  that QB of theirs shoudl be jumping to the front of the Heisman race.  Definitely would he they blow out WVU... who has been sneaky good at home this year.  Coulda/shoulda beat OU and obviously took down Baylor.  Will be a statement game for TCU if you ask me.  If West Virginia's wins however, opens the door for K-State AND it makes Bama's schedule looks even better.

Utah at Arizona St - would have guessed this game would mean so much come November!?  Utah is quietly sitting there with one loss having beat both USC and UCLA.  Loser of this game is probably out as far as Pac10 title hopes.  And both teams still ahve to play Arizona who is playing....

Arizona at UCLA - WildRichRod's are also quietly sitting there with one loss. They've got some bad wins so they'll need ot wint he Pac10 for any playoff consideration.  UCLA has been overrated all year bu tthis would still be a good win for Arizona.  I'm really looking forward to the Pac10 games this week.

Notre Dame at Navy - I think the Irish are completely overrated.  And would love to see Navy win this game.  Luckily for hte Irish they play Navy every year so they are familiar with the offense.  But they still seem to struggle with it.  Navy just runs it so well.  Too bad they just arent quite as good as they normally are this year.

Stanford at Oregon - this game is much lower on the list than one would have guessed at the beginning of the year.  Cardinal just arent as good this year.  offense is really struggling and not getting the QB play from Hogan.  Thought I saw that they were moving away from that smashmouth type of offense because it wasnt working.  Anyways I like Oregon's chances of making playoff if they run the table.  SEC teams will beat each other and there is no one else in front of them.

Air Force at Army - Air Force is going for the Commanders and Chiefs trophy this weekend.  Navy has won it hte last two years after a two year run by Air Force.  Army hasnt won this thing in nearly 20 years!  And now they just got in trouble for enticing recruits with girls and booze.  Clearly they dont do it as well as other schools.

Kentucky at Missouri - As bad as Missouri has looked the last month, they still have a very reasonable chance of winning the SEC East.  Their remaining SEC schedule is this game, at A&M, at Tennessee, and Arkansas.  Now if they perform against these teams like they have the last month, they'll lose at least two of those games.  But honestly all four of them should be winnable.  So they could very reaosnably finish 7-1.  Their one loss is against UGA so they'd lose the tiebreaker.  But UGA has yet to play Auburn which could very easily be a loss.. in fact they'll be the underdog.  So UGA could very easily finish with 2 losses.  Kentucky has been an odd team.  When they play well, they are a tough out.  But when they stink, they stink.  Just not sure what you are going ot get.

Arkansas at Miss St - Have to State's game on here since they are number 1.  Every time you think Arkansas is figuring it out they lay a few stinkers.  Another game Miss St shoudl win, but dont sleepwalk either.  if you show up and play good you win easily.  But if you dont show up and Arkansas is on, you'll be in a dogfight.... similar to the Kentucky game.

Quote:Are you a West Virginia fan or TCU hater?
WVU fan, my fathers an Alumni and i plan to attend myself

3:30 can't come soon enough . . .

Unfortunately Notre Dame and TCU avoided upsets. I wanted both teams to lose so Ohio State can move up.

Georgia's loss certainly helps Ohio State though because Florida is unranked.

Meanwhile the Buckeyes would have shut out their opponent if they had not rested a lot of starters on defense.