Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oscar Taveras dies in car wreck.

Taveras was an elite MLB prospect who got his first taste of the MLB this past season.

Wow.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Horrible news.   My thoughts and prayers go out to Oscar Taveras' family,  close friends,  and the Cardinals organization.  

A few months ago,  Oscar Taveras was on my Fantasy Baseball team for a few weeks.  Never could have I imagined his tragic passing at such a young age.   He was indeed an elite MLB prospect. 

Was really looking forward to watch this guy in the upcoming years.  RIP Taveras.

Drive safe peeps. 

As stated- he was a prospect we all were watching.  Sad news, he was too young and just getting started. 

Please remember to drive defensively out there everybody.

Sad indeed. He was such a talent too. Coming off the bench to hit a HR in the playoffs showed he had the character to play in pressure.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

his girlfriend died also

our prayers to hers also please

sad story -- anyone know if they were wearing seat belts?  I haven't seen any updated reports

I find it very interesting that there is no enforcement in 3rd world countries to wearing seat belts (where the roads are a lot less maintained).  I guess the cops in such countries have bigger and better things to worry about like whether to arrest someone for drug trafficking or just take the bribe.  when I travel outside of the US, I always wear my seatbelt -- I guess we're just trained that way.

Quote:sad story -- anyone know if they were wearing seat belts?  I haven't seen any updated reports

I find it very interesting that there is no enforcement in 3rd world countries to wearing seat belts (where the roads are a lot less maintained).  I guess the cops in such countries have bigger and better things to worry about like whether to arrest someone for drug trafficking or just take the bribe.  when I travel outside of the US, I always wear my seatbelt -- I guess we're just trained that way.

I wear my seatbelt all the time, even if I'm in the backseat and not required by law. Regardless, a seatbelt wasn't going to help the young couple. This is a picture of the car:

[Image: 1027-oscar-taveras-car-accident-5.jpg]

Apparently some low life scum took a picture of his body and posted it on Twitter. Why would you do that kind of thing???
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Apparently some low life scum took a picture of his body and posted it on Twitter. Why would you do that kind of thing???

Because in this age of social media, where people can inform the world in real time about their latest bowel movement, someone is always looking to be edgy.  I equate it to my father's comments on people who have those obnoxious boom boom stereos in their cars.  He said, "They sure could save themselves a lot of money by simply hanging a sign on their car that says 'Look at me!'".   

I think TMD is channeling me.  This is the second cynical post I've written this morning.  Weird...

Quote:Because in this age of social media, where people can inform the world in real time about their latest bowel movement, someone is always looking to be edgy.  I equate it to my father's comments on people who have those obnoxious boom boom stereos in their cars.  He said, "They sure could save themselves a lot of money by simply hanging a sign on their car that says 'Look at me!'".   

I think TMD is channeling me.  This is the second cynical post I've written this morning.  Weird...

Are we going to have to stage an intervention for you? :wacko:

I couldn't image a time where I would think to myself..."hey look, a dead body! Let me snap a picture of it and trend it on Twitter!"

Quote:Are we going to have to stage an intervention for you? :wacko:

I couldn't image a time where I would think to myself..."hey look, a dead body! Let me snap a picture of it and trend it on Twitter!"

The internet brings out the monster in people.

Wow  .. that car pic is crazy.

His BAC was 5x the legal limit.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb.../18937679/

Quote:His BAC was 5x the legal limit.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2014/11/12/official-taveras-was-drunk-during-fatal-crash/18937679/'>http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2014/11/12/official-taveras-was-drunk-during-fatal-crash/18937679/</a>

Wow...it's amazing he got as far as he did driving with that level!!