Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
5 games in London ?

There is a newspaper here (admittedly not one of the most reliable ones) reporting the NFL is planning five games in London next season.

Sounds like a nice towards eight home games and a big step up.

Thoughts ?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's to be expected really. I think ultimately you'll see a game in London every other week. They'll have to add a second bye week to the schedule by that should be easy to do consider the extra revenue the London game brings in. 

Man the problem I have is if my country gets a team I'd have a tough choice to make. I'm a Jag now but do I bring my kid up to support the UK team?

The NFL has it made right now. Shuffle in different teams throughout the year. Get 80k people every game. I could see it be every other weekend. And maybe have some at this early morning start time.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2014, 11:42 AM by EricC85.)

I think that's the solution for London. They'll rotate a game there every week or every other week for a while. I think its a while before London has it's "own" team.

They might even keep the rotation thing going until there's enough of a fan base to put multiple teams in England. 4 team expansion maybe? some kind of Euro Division? I dunno, they're just trying to make sure soccer (football) doesn't eclipse them anymore.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Man the problem I have is if my country gets a team I'd have a tough choice to make. I'm a Jag now but do I bring my kid up to support the UK team?

Sounds like a good problem to have.

Confirmed as 3, not 5.

At least they got a pretty good comeback game this time.

I know it didn't start out like it was going to be a good game, but it sure finished up as one.

A 1 point game decided on the last play of the game.

Other then your team winning, you can't ask for more then that in an NFL game.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

It was cool having a game to watch in the morning while shaking the Saturday night cobwebs out of my head. Pretty good game, too.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:There is a newspaper here (admittedly not one of the most reliable ones) reporting the NFL is planning five games in London next season.

Sounds like a nice towards eight home games and a big step up.

Thoughts ?

The one thing the NFL must find a solution to if the league is going to continue to play in London is finding a facility with a better playing surface.   The field conditions in Wembley Stadium aren't at the standard that the vast majority of stadiums in the NFL have in 2014.   I'm surprised the NFLPA isn't making this a bigger issue at present because of player safety.  

Quote:It's to be expected really. I think ultimately you'll see a game in London every other week. They'll have to add a second bye week to the schedule by that should be easy to do consider the extra revenue the London game brings in. 

The 2nd bye week might become a reality for the reason you mentioned.  Yet, when they had 2 bye weeks for a season or two many years ago,  the reason the NFL went back to one bye week was the networks were complaining that there weren't enough good games to choice from on Sunday Afternoons in the weeks many teams had byes.  

Quote:At least they got a pretty good comeback game this time.

I know it didn't start out like it was going to be a good game, but it sure finished up as one.

A 1 point game decided on the last play of the game.

Other then your team winning, you can't ask for more then that in an NFL game.

This did indeed turn out to be a classic!    It was a combination of the Lions comeback win over Dallas in Week # 8 last season and the Lions improbable comeback win over the Saints last week.   The Lions have turned victory into defeat so many times over the years that I lost count.  It felt great to be on the winning fan side of an improbable comeback win for the 2nd straight week and I'm glad that people like yourself were able to see a great finish before the usual triple header of football started.

Quote:It was cool having a game to watch in the morning while shaking the Saturday night cobwebs out of my head. Pretty good game, too.

I'm anticpating the ratings for the Lions-Falcons game to be high for the 9:30am ET/ 8:30am CT time slot.   If that turns out to be the case,  I expect more than one game per season in London will be played in that time slot in 2015 and beyond.  

It will be interesting to see what the Jaguars collective fan base opinion on the earlier time slot for a Jaguars home game in England will be,  being that the team has agreed to play in London for at least 2 more seasons.    It would make sense for the Jaguars organization to reach out to the team's season ticket base to ask for their input.