Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is wrong with the Seahawks?

I know a few players moved to Jacksonville, but when that happened last year, it did not hurt Seattle's defense at all - even with Gus Bradley being one of them. Now they are losing games because of the pllayers and DC who made up the NFL's #1 defense last season. Why aren't the Seahawks elite on defense anymore?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sometimes it only takes a few pieces/players missing to throw off the chemistry of a team. Look at the Patriots. A few pieces missing (and Tom Brady not getting any younger) and they're not as dominant as a whole.

Ebola?

Super Bowl slump. It happens each and every year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I know a few players moved to Jacksonville, but when that happened last year, it did not hurt Seattle's defense at all - even with Gus Bradley being one of them. Now they are losing games because of the players and DC who made up the NFL's #1 defense last season. Why aren't the Seahawks elite on defense anymore?

I heard one analyst today point to the loss of Chris Clemons and, especially, Red Bryant as key reasons for the decline of the Seahawks' defense

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

HGH testing kicking in?

Quote:I heard one analyst today point to the loss of Chris Clemons and, especially, Red Bryant as key reasons for the decline of the Seahawks' defense

Last year everyone talked about the Legion of Boom (defensive backs) so much it seemed like nobody was talking about Clemons and Bryant.

If that is true, we can expect some great things from those two guys.

Quote:Super Bowl slump. It happens each and every year.

I read on a football site somewhere that the defending Super Bowl Champ has NOT won a playoff game since 2005.

I didn't look it up, but if that's true, just WOW!!!!!!!!

They called it the Super Bowl slump or something.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Carroll needs to pound the podium at his next press conference.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I found this article on the Seahawks and some of their problems.

The sentence that states "that some of the black players think Wilson isn't black enough" just stunned me. What does that even mean? Why does his color matter?

RW has played great for a young player, makes very few mistakes, and helped them win a Super Bowl in just his 2nd year.

It sounds like there is some serious jealousy on the Seahawks and that's a bad thing going forward.

I also read that one of the reasons Harvin was traded was because he was leading a rift in the locker room for players for and against RW, and he got into a fight about it with some one, possibly RW or someone else, not sure.

I thought that when you finally found your franchise QB, that was supposed to be a good thing for your team.

Wow Seattle, just Wow!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...34070.html

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Carroll needs to pound the podium at his next press conference.

Why? If I did that it would hurt my hand.

Quote:Why? If I did that it would hurt my hand.

What would this board do without you JW
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:What would this board do without you JW

LOL What did the board do without me every offseason?

Quote:LOL What did the board do without me every offseason?

Thrive.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

On Defense its the loss of 2 of their leaders.  Red Bryant and Clemons, its not a coincidence that the Seahawks D has not been very good this year and we have had the best D in the league the last few weeks.  On offense its because they quit giving the ball to Marshawn Lynch.

Quote:On Defense its the loss of 2 of their leaders. Red Bryant and Clemons, its not a coincidence that the Seahawks D has not been very good this year and we have had the best D in the league the last few weeks. On offense its because they quit giving the ball to Marshawn Lynch.

Its because they got rid of Percy on offense.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Its because they got rid of Percy on offense.

They still had Percy against the Cowboys.

Quote:They still had Percy against the Cowboys.

What's your point? They still scored 23 points. Removing Percy Harvin makes the offense a lot less dangerous.

They gave up 30 points to Dallas. That's a defensive issue. I was speaking of an offensive issue.

Maybe the Seadderel Seahawks prescription ran out.

Does anybody think Seattle will miss the playoffs?