Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is wrong with the Seahawks?

Lynch should come play for Gus

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lynch should come play for Gus
He'll be 29 for the kickoff of next season. Thats right around the time the shelf life for a RB expires. So I'd rather him not.

Quote:Lynch should come play for Gus

When we already have found our running back of the future? I don't think so.

Only defensive players went from Seattle to Jacksonville. Offensive Seahawks did not play for Gus Bradley.

just picked up christine michael in both of my keeper leagues.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Just picked up Christine Michael in both of my keeper leagues.

Who is Christine Michael?

Quote:Who is Christine Michael?

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://bit.ly/1tzPuiA'>http://bit.ly/1tzPuiA</a>
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Seattle isn't the same team as last season, but they won't miss the playoffs.

Quote:And don't forget about Golden Tate on offense.

It's hard for me to question the Seahawks organization with the results they have achieved in recent years,  especially last season.  But they could easily be second guessing themselves for putting too much value on acquiring and paying Percy Harvin,  which likely contributed greatly in them not making a serious offer to re-sign Golden Tate.  Through 8 games,  Golden Tate is easily the Lions Offensive MVP the first half of the regular season.   

Quote:Browner wasn't cut he was suspended, the Seahawks opted not to resign him though.

Losing McDaniel wouldn't be too significant if he was all they lost up front. As mentioned earlier they also lost Clemons and Bryant, the combination of those 3 being gone reduces the effectiveness of their D-Line.

Their D-Line was so good last year because they had good starters (like Bryant & Clemons) but they also had solid rotational guys (like McDaniel) to keep the pressure on the QB.

I have no idea about their cap situation.

With the huge contracts the Seahawks gave Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas in the off-season,   along with the sizeable contract that they gave Michael Bennett,  the salary cap led to the Seahawks making difficult personnel decisions.   It's only going to become more pronounced for them when they give Russell Wilson a mega contract.    Not to mention re-signing LT Russell Okung,  which won't come cheap.   It will be interesting to see if they will be able to retain Jacksonvile native DE Cliff Avril,  who is scheduled to be an UFA in 2015.

Quote:It's hard for me to question the Seahawks organization with the results they have achieved in recent years,  especially last season.  But they could easily be second guessing themselves for putting too much value on acquiring and paying Percy Harvin,  which likely contributed greatly in them not making a serious offer to re-sign Golden Tate.  Through 8 games,  Golden Tate is easily the Lions Offensive MVP the first half of the regular season.   

I assume that is mostly because Megatron has been hurt for weeks. So far nobody has suggested Golden Tate is better than a healthy Calivin Johnson.

Quote:I assume that is mostly because Megatron has been hurt for weeks. So far nobody has suggested Golden Tate is better than a healthy Calivin Johnson.

Absolutely.  

But unlike in other seasons,  a WR stepped up during the games that Megatron was sidelined or very limited.   The playmaking ability of Golden Tate is something that has made a huge positive difference for the Lions,  when Megatron has played and when he hasn't.  

I believe Seattle would be better than 4-3 if they still had Golden Tate.   The Seahawks have yet to face the Cardinals and 49ers,  teams that have the potential to have strong Defenses at the time the face the Seahawks.   While I believe Percy Harvin became addition by substraction,   that doesn't compensate for the fact that the Seahawks lack enough playmaking at WR.

Quote:Absolutely.  

But unlike in other seasons,  a WR stepped up during the games that Megatron was sidelined or very limited.   The playmaking ability of Golden Tate is something that has made a huge positive difference for the Lions,  when Megatron has played and when he hasn't.  

I believe Seattle would be better than 4-3 if they still had Golden Tate.   The Seahawks have yet to face the Cardinals and 49ers,  teams that have the potential to have strong Defenses at the time the face the Seahawks.   While I believe Percy Harvin became addition by substraction,   that doesn't compensate for the fact that the Seahawks lack enough playmaking at WR.

As anyone who watched the NFC Championship Game knows, the 49ers/Seahawks rivalry is a nasty one. It gets more heated than the old famous rivalries and has been since 2002. So I will never be surprised to see good defense on both sides during those games.

Maybe this is why they've decided to throw it more, to see be able to judge just how much Wilson is worth.

We won yesterday, there is nothing wrong. Smile

Serious, I think there are 4 main problems.

1. lack of DL rotation (as already mentioned in this thread), so we don't put enough pressure on opposing QB's. Bennett and Avril played around 60% defensive snaps last season, this season they are playing 70-80%, so they are not as fresh. We also played against 4 of the top 5 QBs (based on QB rating) in first 5 games this season. Last year in the same time we played against Newton, Kaepernick (they are both good QBs, but we almost always found a way to stop them), Henne, Schaub and Luck, who is the only QB, who beat us last year (other losses @SF and at home against ARI were both defensive battles like usually in NFC West).

2. We are not creating enough turnovers. We had 39 last season (almost 2,5/game), so far this season we only have 7 in as many games. There were several dropped Interceptions, which could win us a game or two more.

3. Offensive playcalling. You can also call it Percy Harvin effect. We get away from running game too much to give a ball to Harvin. It wasn't working as well as we expected on the field, so I'm happy we get rid of him, even without all rumours about him being a locker room cancer, which I believe are true.

4. injuries. I never use injuries as an excuse, but we were hit really hard this season. Luckily most of the injured players like Max Unger, Zach Miller, Bobby Wagner, Jeremy Lane and Byron Maxwell will be back in couple weeks. All the injuries also have an impact on worse ST play this season.

I still believe we will get back on track after most of the above mentioned players returns and we will win the divison and be ready for a deep playoff run. But we also have a killing schedule in last 6 weeks (5 divisional games along with game in Philadelphia), so it will be important to win next 3 (OAK, NYG, @KC). I was expecting 11 or 12 wins before the season and still think we can get them.

Quote:Losing McDaniel wouldn't be too significant if he was all they lost up front. As mentioned earlier they also lost Clemons and Bryant, the combination of those 3 being gone reduces the effectiveness of their D-Line.

Their D-Line was so good last year because they had good starters (like Bryant & Clemons) but they also had solid rotational guys (like McDaniel) to keep the pressure on the QB.

It's McDonald, who we lost. McDaniel is still with us, but I agree with the rest of your post.

Quote:  It's hard for me to question the Seahawks organization with the results they have achieved in recent years,  especially last season.  But they could easily be second guessing themselves for putting too much value on acquiring and paying Percy Harvin,  which likely contributed greatly in them not making a serious offer to re-sign Golden Tate.  Through 8 games,  Golden Tate is easily the Lions Offensive MVP the first half of the regular season.   

I was thinking about this after Harvin trade. Even without Percy, I don't think we would pay Tate as much as Detroit did. And he also said he wanted to go to a more pass-oriented offense. That said, I would love to have Tate back, but still think most of our offense problems are on OL.

Quote:With the huge contracts the Seahawks gave Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas in the off-season,   along with the sizeable contract that they gave Michael Bennett,  the salary cap led to the Seahawks making difficult personnel decisions.   It's only going to become more pronounced for them when they give Russell Wilson a mega contract.    Not to mention re-signing LT Russell Okung,  which won't come cheap.   It will be interesting to see if they will be able to retain Jacksonvile native DE Cliff Avril,  who is scheduled to be an UFA in 2015.

Don't think we will re-sign Okung because of his injuries. He's a good LT when healthy, but will probably never be elite and worth a big contract.

And Avril doesn't have a good season so far so he'll probably be cheaper if we want to keep him.