Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is wrong with the Seahawks?

Quote:Its because they got rid of Percy on offense.

Yeah because he was so important last year en route to the SB

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Several key players are gone from their defense. Last year they only gave up 30 or more points once (regular season and post season combined)...this year already twice. And both happen to be losses.

The idea that trading Percy Harvin has anything to do with it is IMO ridiculous he's only played 5 or 6 games for them in 2 years.

Quote:Several key players are gone from their defense. Last year they only gave up 30 or more points once (regular season and post season combined)...this year already twice. And both happen to be losses.

The idea that trading Percy Harvin has anything to do with it is IMO ridiculous he's only played 5 or 6 games for them in 2 years.

Bryant, Clemons, and who else?

Quote:Does anybody think Seattle will miss the playoffs?

Beware of the Super Bowl curse.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Bryant, Clemons, and who else?

Browner the CB who started opposite Sherman

Clinton McDonald rotational DT who had 5.5 sacks.

Walter Thurmond who saw a bunch of time in their nickel D and had a few starts last year

Quote:Browner the CB who started opposite Sherman

Walter Thurmond who saw a bunch of time in their nickel D and had a few starts last year

And don't forget about Golden Tate on offense.

Quote:Yeah because he was so important last year en route to the SB

Now that the defense isn't as good as it used to be, the ability to put up more points is more important.

Let's not forget that he was a big contributor in the Superbowl.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Now that the defense isn't as good as it used to be, the ability to put up more points is more important.

Let's not forget that he was a big contributor in the Superbowl.

They put up the same kind of points as an offense with or without Harvin.

Quote:Ebola?

Do we need to put you in the corner with Jaxson?

They've got the talent, they just don't have the rah rah anymore.. 

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:They've got the talent, they just don't have the rah rah anymore.. 

They have less talent then last year's Super Bowl winning team.

Every team gets up to play the defending SB Champs.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Quote:They have less talent then last year's Super Bowl winning team.

Every team gets up to play the defending SB Champs.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Less talent yes, but enough talent to where they should look tons better than what they do.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2014, 01:38 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:Less talent yes, but enough talent to where they should look tons better than what they do.

Maybe so, but they are what their record says they are at this time, an average team.

Seattle has some problems right now and they will have to work those out if they want to defend their SB title.

There are many reason why SB champs have a hard time repeating the next season and Seattle is finding that out at this time.

Quote:Browner the CB who started opposite Sherman

Browner was suspended last season and cut before the playoffs, so he does not count.

If it is that bad to lose a rotational lineman with less than six sacks, five games without Andre Branch will be harder than I thought.

Why did the Seahawks let any defensive players walk? Do they have salary cap problems?

Quote:Browner was suspended last season and cut before the playoffs, so he does not count.

If it is that bad to lose a rotational lineman with less than six sacks, five games without Andre Branch will be harder than I thought.

Why did the Seahawks let any defensive players walk? Do they have salary cap problems?

Browner wasn't cut he was suspended, the Seahawks opted not to resign him though.

Losing McDaniel wouldn't be too significant if he was all they lost up front. As mentioned earlier they also lost Clemons and Bryant, the combination of those 3 being gone reduces the effectiveness of their D-Line.

Their D-Line was so good last year because they had good starters (like Bryant & Clemons) but they also had solid rotational guys (like McDaniel) to keep the pressure on the QB.

I have no idea about their cap situation.

Hopefully the Gus Juice is finally wearing off. Takes two years to wax on, two years to wax off. One can hope.

Harvin is of no consequence, though he did have a key play or two in the Superbowl.  They still would have been there and probably won without him.

They just got hot at the right time last year.

Good team, but not one I would expect to be perennial contenders for the Bowl.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I live in the Seattle area now and all my friends say it's the play calling. They are getting away from their identity of running and using the run to set up the pass.

I live in the Seattle area now and all my friends say it's the play calling. They are getting away from their identity of running and using the run to set up the pass.

Quote:I live in the Seattle area now and all my friends say it's the play calling. They are getting away from their identity of running and using the run to set up the pass.

Quote:I live in the Seattle area now and all my friends say it's the play calling. They are getting away from their identity of running and using the run to set up the pass.

You can say that again.