Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning is arguably the greatest regular season QB in NFL history.

We have all seen it now for 2 different teams.

Peyton Manning has a career losing record in the playoffs (11-12) and a career losing record in Super Bowls (1-2)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/pl...elog/post/

I would just like to know your top 2 reasons why P Manning only has 1 Super Bowl ring.

I know it's not really as simple as just a couple of reasons, but I would just like to know what YOUR top 2 reasons are for those facts.

Just top 2.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Peyton Manning is arguably the greatest regular season QB in NFL history.

We have all seen it now for 2 different teams.

Peyton Manning has a career losing record in the playoffs (11-12) and a career losing record in Super Bowls (1-2)

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00/gamelog/post/'>http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00/gamelog/post/</a>

I would just like to know your top 2 reasons why P Manning only has 1 Super Bowl ring.

I know it's not really as simple as just a couple of reasons, but I would just like to know what YOUR top 2 reasons are for those facts.

Just top 2.

The Colts never built a team around him. Never did he have a defense like they have built for Andrew. When do you remember a defense of the Colts holding teams to 1 third down conversion per game? Or even a top 10 like they have today?

The question is, do the clots regret giving up Manning for Luck? I don't see Manning retiring for another couple of years. He's hardly ever injured because he's pretty much always got a great o-line blocking for him and he gets rid of the ball extremely quick and precise, so it's hard to put him on his backside.. 

I'd be kicking myself if I were whats-his-face mr. pill popper clots owner. Luck is garbage next to Manning.. 

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:The question is, do the clots regret giving up Manning for Luck? I don't see Manning retiring for another couple of years. He's hardly ever injured because he's pretty much always got a great o-line blocking for him and he gets rid of the ball extremely quick and precise, so it's hard to put him on his backside.. 

I'd be kicking myself if I were whats-his-face mr. pill popper clots owner. Luck is garbage next to Manning.. 
I don't think the Colts are kicking themselves at all. Luck is finally playing the way everyone was expecting him to play, which is lights out.

Quote:I don't think the Colts are kicking themselves at all. Luck is finally playing the way everyone was expecting him to play, which is lights out.

I think they are.. Luck is garbage next to Manning and to say anything otherwise is being blind..  

There's Manning and 31 other QB's in the league.. And Luck falls in that "other" category..

That said, 

Who else could get away with this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...56510.html

The clots could have gotten away without drafting a QB for another handful of years if they held onto Manning.. 

If I were the Colts I would be kicking myself for letting him go.  He is an absolutely amazing qb and he could have been a Colt for life.  

I also dont disagree on letting him go at the time.  He was coming off that neck issue and it was the right move.

Anyone else think his reaction to the crowd and scoreboard guy last night was a little childish?  Bronco fans love to hate on Philip Rivers for his reactions and antics (which I think is great because he's competitive)....what Manning did was much worse.

OK, now back on topic.

What are YOUR 2 top reasons why Peyton Manning, as awesome as he has been for a long time now, only has 1 Super bowl ring AND has a losing record in the playoffs?

Why?

Quote:I think they are.. Luck is garbage next to Manning and to say anything otherwise is being blind..

There's Manning and 31 other QB's in the league.. And Luck falls in that "other" category..

That said,

Who else could get away with this?

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/peyton-manning-not-happy-with-broncos--scoreboard-operator-after-win-060756510.html'>http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/peyton-manning-not-happy-with-broncos--scoreboard-operator-after-win-060756510.html</a>

You are baiting the hook. Too funny. Trust me. Indy is quite happy with their QB. You act as if the Colts are a bad club struggling for wins. They are a SB contender as it is.

Quote:You are baiting the hook. Too funny. Trust me. Indy is quite happy with their QB. You act as if the Colts are a bad club struggling for wins. They are a SB contender as it is.

So no other QB is as, or will be as good as Luck coming out of the draft in the next 4-5 years or currently now? That's a really steep bet.. Really steep.. 

Two reasons

1. Milk Belly

2. Five head

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:So no other QB is as, or will be as good as Luck coming out of the draft in the next 4-5 years or currently now? That's a really steep bet.. Really steep..

Maybe there will be, but they got a guy who took a 2-14 team and has ran off 27 wins to date. Won his first playoff game in his 2nd year and has arguably the 2nd best team in the AFC.

Does Manning fail in post season more often than succeed?

Quote:Maybe there will be, but they got a guy who took a 2-14 team and has ran off 27 wins to date. Won his first playoff game in his 2nd year and has arguably the 2nd best team in the AFC.

Does Manning fail in post season more often than succeed?

And how many of those games on that 2-14 team did Manning play? Being King Turd in the AFC South isn't necessarily bragging right now.. 

Quote:Two reasons

1. Milk Belly

2. Five head

lol, I hadn't thought of those 2 tbh.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2014, 10:14 AM by Jagwired.)

Dude is such a [BAD WORD REMOVED], he was crying about the scoreboard operator after a win at home. What a little [BAD WORD REMOVED].

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...d-operator

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Dude is such a [BAD WORD REMOVED], he was crying about the scoreboard operator after a win at home. What a little [BAD WORD REMOVED].

^This

Quote:And how many of those games on that 2-14 team did Manning play? Being King Turd in the AFC South isn't necessarily bragging right now..

Would be king turd of the AFCNorth as well based on this season.

Quote:Would be king turd of the AFCNorth as well based on this season.

Self proclaimed because technically speaking, Ravens are statistically better than the clots..

So, like I said, King Turd over a handful of garbage teams.. Sure, we can add some more turds to the punch bowl if ya like.. Steelers? Browns?  Bengals?

Quote:Would be king turd of the AFCNorth as well based on this season.

You're twisting the discussion to make yourself happy now.  If you had a choice of Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck for 5 more years after knowing how Peyton Manning is playing, you choose Peyton all day, every day.  If I were a Colts fan, I would say exactly what you are though.  lol

As for why he doesn't win Super Bowls...he isnt clutch.  He has shown that when the pressure is on, he will fall apart a bit.  Sure, he's still a great qb at the moment, but not his typical self.  Last year he fell apart because it was cold and I think he had health issues because of it.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2014, 10:33 AM by Ex-IndySouthsider.)

Quote:Self proclaimed because technically speaking, Ravens are statistically better than the clots

Yeah I would love to see you spin that one! Laughable since we already kicked their tail this season.