Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peyton Manning

The Colts never had stellar defenses when he was there but they fielded a passable defense when they had Freeney, McFarland, Sanders, Session, Hayden, Brock etc. and the like. So it's not like they fielded the Jags defenese of the first 3 weeks all the time.

Honestly? Maybe the post season pressure got to him. You can always shake off a loss in week 5 of the season, but not in the playoffs.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeah I would love to see you spin that one! Laughable since we already kicked their tail this season.

Its not spin. The Ravens have more points against and gave up less points with the same record. Who did the clots lose thier first 2 games against again? I forgot..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

1)  Truly great teams and QBs step it up at crunch time and win in the postseason and Manning is not among those IMO.  I don't think you can consider any player in any sport GOAT if they only have one title.  Again, just my opinion.

2)  New England was better and more clutch in many of his playoff appearances.

I think Manning's the greatest regular season QB of all-time and among the best two or three QBs ever but I just can't put him at 1 in my book unless he gets another ring or two in Denver.  The SB last year is a classic example of how he doesn't shine in the big game.

<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:Its not spin. The Ravens have more points against and gave up less points with the same record. Who did the clots lose thier first 2 games against again? I forgot..

No they don't have more points scored. That's incorrect. Baltimore is the 28th ranked pass defense in the league. Further head to head Indy was in control of Baltimore the whole game.

Quote:OK, now back on topic.

What are YOUR 2 top reasons why Peyton Manning, as awesome as he has been for a long time now, only has 1 Super bowl ring AND has a losing record in the playoffs?

Why?

1. Bill Belichick

2. Tom Brady

The end.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

1. Bill Polian

2. Bill Belicheat.

Manning should stay away from people named Bill.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

If Tom Brady played the first half of his career with weapons like Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison, he'd be around 500 TDs at this point.

Quote:If Tom Brady played the first half of his career with weapons like Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison, he'd be around 500 TDs at this point.
I don't mean for this to go off topic, but I'm still so confused as to why the Pats don't give Brady the same amount of weapons Manning has always had. Especially now towards the end of his career.

Quote:So no other QB is as, or will be as good as Luck coming out of the draft in the next 4-5 years or currently now? That's a really steep bet.. Really steep.. 

Luck has pushed the Colts into the playoffs the past two years. What more would Manning have done?

Do you really think the Colts of the past two years would have won a Super Bowl with Manning?

The Broncos and Colts will both make the playoffs this year - so I don't think there is a lot of remorse in Indianapolis.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Luck has pushed the Colts into the playoffs the past two years. What more would Manning have done?

Do you really think the Colts of the past two years would have won a Super Bowl with Manning?

The Broncos and Colts will both make the playoffs this year - so I don't think there is a lot of remorse in Indianapolis.

That's true. I don't think the Colts are upset with what they got.

That being said, it's gotta burn a little to watch Peyton hit all these milestones with a different team. Can you imagine if Fred Taylor had broken the rushing records playing for the Chargers or something?

Quote:That's true. I don't think the Colts are upset with what they got.

That being said, it's gotta burn a little to watch Peyton hit all these milestones with a different team. Can you imagine if Fred Taylor had broken the rushing records playing for the Chargers or something?

It doesn't burn at all. Most of the folks in Indy are extremely happy for PM. And the majority of his numbers were as a Colt. When the time comes to move on you move on with zero regret!

Quote:Yeah I would love to see you spin that one! Laughable since we already kicked their tail this season.

So you can say you're better than the ravens because you beat them this season but when I say the broncos beat the colts you say "can't count that."

Whatever way you need to spin it. Peyton manning is the GOAT. The colts would have never sniffed the success they did without him. He's had some bad games in the playoffs but the organization did nothing to help him. It is an 11 on 11 game.

Peyton shouldn't have been forced to overcome the deficiency of the defense so often.

One reason I'll give for Peyton's struggles outside of lack of talent is I think he tries to do too much. Takes too much of the load on his shoulders, probably a direct correlation to the lack of talent he had with the colts. He needs to trust his team now.

The colts could have had Peyton for say 5 more years and still had a shot at guys like bortles or mariota and then they could have learned from the best and stepped in.

"We're happy with our QB now." How happy would you be the best ever?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:So you can say you're better than the ravens because you beat them this season but when I say the broncos beat the colts you say "can't count that."

Whatever way you need to spin it. Peyton manning is the GOAT. The colts would have never sniffed the success they did without him. He's had some bad games in the playoffs but the organization did nothing to help him. It is an 11 on 11 game.

Peyton shouldn't have been forced to overcome the deficiency of the defense so often.

One reason I'll give for Peyton's struggles outside of lack of talent is I think he tries to do too much. Takes too much of the load on his shoulders, probably a direct correlation to the lack of talent he had with the colts. He needs to trust his team now.

The colts could have had Peyton for say 5 more years and still had a shot at guys like bortles or mariota and then they could have learned from the best and stepped in.

"We're happy with our QB now." How happy would you be the best ever?

First never said could not count that. Said I think Indy is the 2nd best in AFC. Meaning Broncos #1. Like our chances against then I they meet again though.

Agree that Luck is being given a better team than Manning has. Would not want Bortles, Mariotta or any other than Luck.

Colts became a contender when they drafted Manning. And continue to be a contender with Luck. Juat think it could be almost 30 years of excellence now that Luck is playing barring any injury. I feel blessed.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2014, 04:13 PM by Achilles.)

Quote:First never said could not count that. Said I think Indy is the 2nd best in AFC. Meaning Broncos #1. Like our chances against then I they meet again though.

Agree that Luck is being given a better team than Manning has. Would not want Bortles, Mariotta or any other than Luck.

Colts became a contender when they drafted Manning. And continue to be a contender with Luck. Juat think it could be almost 30 years of excellence now that Luck is playing barring any injury. I feel blessed.
The question was Peyton manning for 5 more years and bortles or luck.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2014, 04:41 PM by Ex-IndySouthsider.)

Quote:The question was Peyton manning for 5 more years and bortles or luck.
Luck a thousand times over Bortles. No doubt about it. Bortles isn't half the QB Andrew is.

Hindsight is 20 20. It was the right move to let Manning go. teams spend years looking for their once a generation QB. Colts an GB are so fortunate.

Quote:Peyton Manning is arguably the greatest regular season QB in NFL history.

We have all seen it now for 2 different teams.

Peyton Manning has a career losing record in the playoffs (11-12) and a career losing record in Super Bowls (1-2)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/pl...elog/post/

I would just like to know your top 2 reasons why P Manning only has 1 Super Bowl ring.

I know it's not really as simple as just a couple of reasons, but I would just like to know what YOUR top 2 reasons are for those facts.

Just top 2.

1.  The Colts specifically never really had a really good defense when Peyton was playing there.

2.  The Colts were always more of a one dimensional team, as in, they passed the ball very well but never had a great running attack.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Peyton is easily the GOAT.

It takes a TEAM to win the superbowl.

Quote:Luck a thousand times over Bortles. No doubt about it. Bortles isn't half the QB Andrew is.

Hindsight is 20 20. It was the right move to let Manning go. teams spend years looking for their once a generation QB. Colts an GB are so fortunate.

Still didn't answer the question. Even though I'm sure you'll do whatever it takes to keep saying luck over Peyton. Colts over broncos.

Not sure why I even try with you. You're about the most ignorant colt fan here. I at least respect what the other fans say.

Guess good old Jughead doesn't know what to do with real crowed noise. He's used to that score board operator controlling the volume

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/10/24/p...tor-video/

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

1. He cant handle the pressure

2. He is one of if not the biggest choke artists in NFL History

3. He is the opposite of Robert Horry