Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The "other" Brandon Marshall

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/bronc...ity-102314

This is a very well written article about former Jags, now Broncos, LB Brandon Marshall. He's been having one hell of a season as a rotational/depth player and could very well end up being one of the few Gene Smith bright spots. Sucks he didn't work out here but that's how the game goes.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I did not know we ever had him before he joined the Broncos. Why didn't it work out to keep him in Jacksonville?

It's funny seeing how out there for Denver. I honestly couldn't tell you one thing he did here. 

;

;

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2014, 08:45 AM by MoJagFan.)

Funny how the NFL is a team game and when you have 2 beast pass rushers how much better everyone else plays.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I did not know we ever had him before he joined the Broncos. Why didn't it work out to keep him in Jacksonville?

Keep him? He was cut multiple times by the team. I don't recall him doing anything of signifigance here.

I remember when we drafted him, just because of his name

Quote:Funny how the NFL is a team game and when you have 2 beast pass rushers how much better everyone else plays.

But that will go unnoticed. All that will be said is "we should have kept him" or "Caldwell is doing a poor job" ect...

Good for him. He is playing good.

He is a RFA at the end of the season. If Dave feels like one got away he could easily go after him.

Quote:He is a RFA at the end of the season. If Dave feels like one got away he could easily go after him.

John Elway will find a way to keep him if he plays better than Danny Trevathan.

Now we have our Will of the future in Telvin Smith.

I recall a little excitement around him as a prospect when he was here.

Quote:John Elway will find a way to keep him if he plays better than Danny Trevathan.

Now we have our Will of the future in Telvin Smith.

Broncos have cap problems. If he came back it would most likely to play MLB.

Quote:Broncos have cap problems. If he came back it would most likely to play MLB.

If who comes back? The article posted says Marshall is replacing Trevathan.

Quote:If who comes back? The article posted says Marshall is replacing Trevathan.

If Marshall came back here.

Quote:If Marshall came back here.

Then he would be sitting behind Poz, who has a year left on his contract. I would expect to see him start on the outside.

Quote:Then he would be sitting behind Poz, who has a year left on his contract. I would expect to see him start on the outside.

If they signed him with the intention of playing the MLB then Poz would be released. Marshall is better suited to the Weakside where we already have our future All Pro in Telvin Smith. I don't know how Marshall would fit as the Otto, because, frankly, I haven't seen much of this position so far.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:If they signed him with the intention of playing the MLB then Poz would be released. Marshall is better suited to the Weakside where we already have our future All Pro in Telvin Smith. I don't know how Marshall would fit as the Otto, because, frankly, I haven't seen much of this position so far.

No way would we release Poz. Everyone is talking about how it will be hard to play without him the rest of the year.

Quote:No way would we release Poz. Everyone is talking about how it will be hard to play without him the rest of the year.

his best asset to the team is his knowledge of the defense and making sure everyone is in their place. the team wont miss him physically, in my opinion.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:His best asset to the team is his knowledge of the defense and making sure everyone is in their place. the team wont miss him physically, in my opinion.

He also is the play caller and defensive captain.

Whether we miss him physically or not depends on how well J.T. Thomas plays and if future opponents try to take advantage of him.

Poz is a liability in coverage as we all know. This, plus the severe injury, missing the year and getting a year older will all combine with his salary to put him squarely in the crosshairs next year. He will have to restructure his contract in a major way to have any chance of being here IMO.

Even if he does restructure, this regime is not going to run an old age home, they are going to move on (as they should).

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile