Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ray Rice Fights Back Against Ravens For Wrongful Termination

Ray Rice Fights Back Against Ravens For Wrongful Termination

BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Ray Rice eyes a return to the NFL—and now the former Raven looks to cash in, as well. The running back filed a grievance against the Ravens for wrongful termination of his $3.5 million contract.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/10/22...grievance/

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hope he remains terminated.  Even if reinstated, i can't imagine a team picking him up. 

Quote:I hope he remains terminated. Even if reinstated, i can't imagine a team picking him up.

Ask Richie Incognito

Quote:Ask Richie Incognito
Exactly.  And knocking out a women = way worse than bullying.

IMO he has a legit case against the NFL, since they originally suspended him for 3 games and then later changed their mind.. However, it doesn't make a difference if he wins the case. No team in the NFL will ever sign him. He has to know this....
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Hasn't he done enough fighting back?

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2014, 07:16 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:Hasn't he done enough fighting back?
Oh dear.

Whether we like it or not, he has rights. He was punished once within the collective bargaining agreement then punished after the tape came out. He'll get his money but he'll struggle to find work.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Talent matters. Ray will get blackballed, AP plays again next year. If Ray had AP talent be signed by someone like Oakland.

Quote:Whether we like it or not, he has rights. He was punished once within the collective bargaining agreement then punished after the tape came out. He'll get his money but he'll struggle to find work.
^^Yup

The mob doesn't understand the rule of law.  Shocking that Ray Rice has rights and the NFL can't cherry pick the CBA.  A mob can never be satisfied.  I think Ray is a full on [BLEEP] for what he did but he still has rights.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:^^Yup

The mob doesn't understand the rule of law. Shocking that Ray Rice has rights and the NFL can't cherry pick the CBA. A mob can never be satisfied. I think Ray is a full on [BAD WORD REMOVED] for what he did but he still has rights.

So every player cut should now file wrongful termination?

Quote:So every player cut should now file wrongful termination?

If they have legal standing they can and will.  You can't arbitrarily enforce a CBA.  I don't like the guy but you can't take away the Union bargained rights.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:If they have legal standing they can and will. You can't arbitrarily enforce a CBA. I don't like the guy but you can't take away the Union bargained rights.

Players are cut all the time just because the Coach doesn't want them. There are no guaranteed contracts in NFL. If a team don't want you buh bye.

Quote:Players are cut all the time just because the Coach doesn't want them. There are no guaranteed contracts in NFL. If a team don't want you buh bye.

His argument that his release was the direct result of the unlawful indefinite suspension carries much more weight than a normal release.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:His argument that his release was the direct result of the unlawful indefinite suspension carries much more weight than a normal release.

I don't want to just argue to argue so I will go on record and say he loses and Baltimores pays nothing to him. And thankfully that's good for the league.

Quote:I don't want to just argue to argue so I will go on record and say he loses and Baltimores pays nothing to him. And thankfully that's good for the league.

I'm hoping this is the case.  The Ravens can say that once the video came out, thats what caused his dismissal, not the indefinite suspension.  He received his signing bonus and the money owed to him.  He shouldn't get anymore.

Quote:I don't want to just argue to argue so I will go on record and say he loses and Baltimores pays nothing to him. And thankfully that's good for the league.

It's the NFL that's going to be paying him for the double jeopardy of his multiple punishments. 

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:It's the NFL that's going to be paying him for the double jeopardy of his multiple punishments.

He isn't suing the NFL.

As much as I'd hate to say it, I think rice will win this one. I don't care for what he did but he has a point. Disciplined twice for the same thing then released immediately after the release of the tape as well. Hard to prove either way whether he was released due to the suspension or for PR reasons.

Quote:It's the NFL that's going to be paying him for the double jeopardy of his multiple punishments. 

Quote:As much as I'd hate to say it, I think rice will win this one. I don't care for what he did but he has a point. Disciplined twice for the same thing then released immediately after the release of the tape as well. Hard to prove either way whether he was released due to the suspension or for PR reasons.
He's not necessarily being disciplined twice for the same thing.  I'm sure both the Ravens and the League will take the position that, when questioned about the event, he significantly understated the violence his actions, a fact only proven with the release of the video, and for that reason he is facing another, not an increaseddisciplinary action and /or termination.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.