Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
More Fail For FIFA and Qatar World Cup

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2014, 10:36 AM by TravC59.)

Qatar's latest proposal to the extreme heat of the day is to play games at midnight....They're serious too.

I wouldn't be against it personally. Would be able to watch games live, but what a disaster of an idea, and a disaster that Qatar is/has been from the start.

http://yahoo.thepostgame.com/blog/daily-...ddle-night

I just looked up average temps for that time of day, still 87-88.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Qatar will not host the world cup. It will be stripped from them before 2018.

Hopefully it does. Because it will be a disaster otherwise. The U.S. could host tomorrow if needed.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2014, 09:17 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:Hopefully it does. Because it will be a disaster otherwise. The U.S. could host tomorrow if needed.
If I am the U.S., or any other country for that matter, I would demand FIFA foot the bill for many things that host countries usually take care of. I'd demand that if there is any sort of numbers in the negative they make up for it, and then some. 

The U.S. could host the thing next week if need be. Screw FIFA and Blatter

;

Sepp doesn't want to move it from Qatar. He has too much money he has been paid by the oil men there. What a joke it has turned out to be.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2014, 07:38 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:Sepp doesn't want to move it from Qatar. He has too much money he has been paid by the oil men there. What a joke it has turned out to be.
Oh I know it won't happen, and the magnitude of failure will shine through. Already has. Place is a mess.

I just thought that if it ever came to the point where it was tried by them to move it that whoever was asked to take it should absolutely fleece FIFA. Either way in this whole thing FIFA will look terrible (more terrible).

;

So much corruption with the FIFA committee. Qatar hasn't even had a team qualify for the World Cup once. 

Quote:So much corruption with the FIFA committee. Qatar hasn't even had a team qualify for the World Cup once. 
They do now. Taking up a spot.

;

Looks like FIFA is giving the Qatar the ok to continue as host. What a mess this will be. I doubt any nations would boycott the cup but it would be interesting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...s-bid.html

Quote:Looks like FIFA is giving the Qatar the ok to continue as host. What a mess this will be. I doubt any nations would boycott the cup but it would be interesting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...s-bid.html
Interesting fact; it was mostly British newspapers that broke the corruption news around the Qatar bid. Now guess whose bid is the only one being accused of corruption by FIFA?

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2014, 01:56 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:Interesting fact; it was mostly British newspapers that broke the corruption news around the Qatar bid. Now guess whose bid is the only one being accused of corruption by FIFA?
Oh that is rich. FIFA is a joke.

Qatar coming out the last few days voicing pretty strongly that the gay/lesbian community should just stay at home. FIFA stands behind their no racism policies rather strongly. It'll be interesting to see how they react to this, if at all.

Found this, "

FIFA World Cup to tackle discrimination, promote gender equality & peace"
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2014...68213.html

Sounds like FIFA and Qatar are on the same page..... :blink:

;

Quote:Oh that is rich. FIFA is a joke.

Qatar coming out the last few days voicing pretty strongly that the gay/lesbian community should just stay at home. FIFA stands behind their no racism policies rather strongly. It'll be interesting to see how they react to this, if at all.

Found this, "

FIFA World Cup to tackle discrimination, promote gender equality & peace"
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2014...68213.html

Sounds like FIFA and Qatar are on the same page..... :blink:
The only FIFA is on the same page about with anyone is making lots and lots of money. 

Quote:The only FIFA is on the same page about with anyone is making lots and lots of money.
You got that right.
;

You all have to watch this.   This is a serious (and funny) takedown of FIFA. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJEt2KU33I

Quote:You all have to watch this.   This is a serious (and funny) takedown of FIFA. 

Dang it, can't watch it right now. Have to take a look when I get home.

;

Nothing will ever happen where Qatar loses this thing. FIFA won't take it away. The countries won't boycott. The fans will watch. There will be protests but nothing will happen.

Quote:You all have to watch this.   This is a serious (and funny) takedown of FIFA. 

That was pretty dang funny. I am not sure if I should laugh or cry. FIFA sucks.

I definitely have to approach it like Oliver said at the beginning, with the "Sausage Theory"

;

Man FIFA sucks

;

fifa has never liked the fa, that isn't news

frank lampards goal is clearly over the line against germany and not given possibly changing the game.... no need for goal line technology

ukraines equaliser against england is cleared off the line but should have been given .... i demand goaline technology

blatter is a massive twazook and he will eventually split fifa and uefa tbh it would already had happened if uefa wasn't just as pathetically useless

funny thing is by the time they through all the bull and red tape surrounding this world cup and decide they have to strip it from them the only country that has the facility and infrastructure to support a world cup quickly is england.

Recently had the olympics so the facilities are there, great stadiums already in place and well staffed plus we regularly hold big european games.

Despite all of that blatter would probably send it to the moon before england