Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Justin Forsett tearing it up

Forsett is proving to be one of the best RBs in this league. Caldwell waived Justin back in March, and the Ravens signed him a few weeks later. Knowing that we were going to let MJD walk, why didn't we hang onto Forsett?

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would have rather had Forsett than Todman probably. 

Woah, let's pump the brakes a bit here. Has he played well? Sure. But one of the best backs in the league? Let's not get ahead of ourselves. He still splits carries with Bernard Pierce. He's earned more reps over the course of the season, but I wouldn't say he's anything more than just a guy. Ray Rice would be putting up better numbers if he didn't TKO his fiance..

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

A quick statistical comparison of the best RBs in this league makes it clear that Forsett is among them. Moreover, for a guy with more than a few carries he by far leads the league in yards per carry.

'02

This is just more proof of how interchangeable RBs are nowadays. They are hot and cold. There was 0 reason to keep him or Jennings for that matter based on their production. This is all hindsight. Its just as likely we sign some scrap heap player that has a good stretch than a guy we cut. Its no longer just how many good years a RB has in him, but what EXACT years will they be.

Considering Forsett couldn't stay healthy here I dunno what else he could do. He was given an opportunity and he underwhelmed. Not only in Jax but in Seattle and Houston as well.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

He is doing a nice job in Baltimore. For a guy who was injured and did nothing here last year, it was not a surprise the team let him walk.

;

;

he did nothing for us

Quote:Forsett is proving to be one of the best RBs in this league. Caldwell waived Justin back in March, and the Ravens signed him a few weeks later. Knowing that we were going to let MJD walk, why didn't we hang onto Forsett?

The better the O-line and passing game, the better the RB, at least most of the time.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Forsett is proving to be one of the best RBs in this league. Caldwell waived Justin back in March, and the Ravens signed him a few weeks later. Knowing that we were going to let MJD walk, why didn't we hang onto Forsett?

What did he do here that would make the team want to hang on to him?

I think most people would probably be surprised to find out he was ever on the roster.

Do you remember one thing he did here?

I have him on my fantasy.  The problem with him is he does not score.  He is a yard machine, which keeps him around 10 pts a week.  I think he's only had 1 TD is I'm not mistaken. 

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:I have him on my fantasy.  The problem with him is he does not score.  He is a yard machine, which keeps him around 10 pts a week.  I think he's only had 1 TD is I'm not mistaken. 

So he's a yard machine, but not really a TD force?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:What did he do here that would make the team want to hang on to him?

I think most people would probably be surprised to find out he was ever on the roster.

Do you remember one thing he did here?

I don't think he had much of an opportunity before ending up on IR. That's unfortunate because he clearly has talent. What I'm wondering is why we're failing to recognize talent when we have it on the roster. Another example is one of our draft picks LB Brandon Marshall who is looking pretty good at MLB in Denver. It makes me think that Caldwell is so eager to change up the roster that he's quick to cut good players.

'02

Forsett was here on a one year deal and did nothing. Should they have been eager to re-sign him?

I wasnt a fan of his while he was here. I have not seen much of him this season but I did notice he did work against me in fantasy not long ago....

There are other examples as well. Caldwell let Terrance Knighton walk in free agency, and he's been tearing it up in Denver ever since. Caldwell released Jeremy Mincey in mid-season during 2013, and he's now leading the league in QB pressures as the Cowboys starting RDE.

'02

Quote:There are other examples as well. Caldwell let Terrance Knighton walk in free agency, and he's been tearing it up in Denver ever since. Caldwell released Jeremy Mincey in mid-season during 2013, and he's now leading the league in QB pressures as the Cowboys starting RDE.

Knighton didn't want to play here. He wanted to play for JDR and jumped on the first plane out of Jax when his contract expired.

Mincey had issues as well.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10130299&src=desktop'>http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10130299&src=desktop</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Knighton didn't want to play here. He wanted to play for JDR and jumped on the first plane out of Jax when his contract expired.

Mincey had issues as well.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10130299&src=desktop'>http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10130299&src=desktop</a>
Damn I thought everyone wanted to ride the Gus Bus. 

Quote:There are other examples as well. Caldwell let Terrance Knighton walk in free agency, and he's been tearing it up in Denver ever since. Caldwell released Jeremy Mincey in mid-season during 2013, and he's now leading the league in QB pressures as the Cowboys starting RDE.

I don't have any issues with the current d-line. His additions (Miller, Hood, Marks, Bryant, Clemons) are doing pretty well for themselves.

Quote:Damn I thought everyone wanted to ride the Gus Bus. 

Not everyone, just the players that decide to come here. Why must there always be absolutes?

Knighton knew what the future was here. Would you stay here with a dynamic head coach or go to a franchise with a DC you know and like and a coach who's been to Super Bowls? Oh, and a HoF QB.

Does the term "no-brainer" not fit here?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]