Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
we should sighn michal sam

The jags should sighn Michal sam to a year contract. he is a free agent now. cut from cowboys practice squad.  I think it would help our defense the rest of this year.   why not sighn him to a 1 year contract?

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bc we have Chris Smith sitting on our own PS
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2014, 08:35 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:The jags should sighn Michal sam to a year contract. he is a free agent now. cut from cowboys practice squad.  I think it would help our defense the rest of this year.   why not sighn him to a 1 year contract?

Um, how about no. Because he sucks.

I think there's a reason other than the obvious as to why he was cut.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Honestly couldn't hurt. He flashed in preseason, why not?
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:I think there's a reason other than the obvious as to why he was cut.

Yes. He's not very good. 

Quote:Honestly couldn't hurt. He flashed in preseason, why not?

He's slow and a tweener. No thanks. 

Quote:He's slow and a tweener. No thanks. 

So is Chris Smith.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:So is Chris Smith.

The Chris Smith I saw in the pre season did not lack quickness. 

Quote:The Chris Smith I saw in the pre season did not lack quickness. 

They both run about 4.7 40's although Sam ran terrible at the combine.

Quote:The Chris Smith I saw in the pre season did not lack quickness. 

Yeah, he has very good burst off the snap and can convert speed into power from what I have seen watching all of his games from his last year at Arkansas. He gets bodied in the run game though so probably will only play 3rd down pass rush situations for the time being. But yeah, he is not as slow as Michael Sam, and there is a reason Sam went in the 7th round (and was cut twice) and Chris Smith in the 5th and cut once by the same team and brought back onto the practice squad. 

Follow me on twitter @Demetrius82

Quote:They both run about 4.7 40's although Sam ran terrible at the combine.

I was going to say - Sam ran a 4.9+ at the combine and seemed similar to that using the eye test, tbh. 

Quote:So is Chris Smith.

So sign another slow tweener? Makes sense...

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2014, 08:53 PM by Demetrius.)

Quote:They both run about 4.7 40's although Sam ran terrible at the combine.

Look at the 10 yard split if you are going to talk 40 times for DLine. His split was 1.59 with Sam getting a 1.72. Thats a big difference coming off the time. Now to measure explosion as well you can look at the broad and vertical jump. Smith had a 34 1/8 vert with Sam coming in at a 33 3/8 vert. Smith a 10-1 broad and Sam a 9-3 broad. Hopefully that clears up some confusion comparing the two at all. 

On top of all that info I gave you. You are still wrong regardless because Sam had a 4.91 40 time and Smith had a 4.71 40 time. So.....

Quote:So sign another slow tweener? Makes sense...

For a practice squad candidate he would be a nice jar on the shelf, neither will be contributing much in the near future.

Quote:Look at the 10 yard split if you are going to talk 40 times for DLine. His split was 1.59 with Sam getting a 1.72. Thats a big difference coming off the time. Now to measure explosion as well you can look at the broad and vertical jump. Smith had a 34 1/8 vert with Sam coming in at a 33 3/8 vert. Smith a 10-1 broad and Sam a 9-3 broad. Hopefully that clears up some confusion comparing the two at all. 

On top of all that info I gave you. You are still wrong regardless because Sam had a 4.91 40 time and Smith had a 4.71 40 time. So.....
I would argue that Sam has a little better motor and certainly out performed him in the preseason. I think Sam could eventually develop into a nice situational pass-rusher, same for Chris Smith.

Quote:For a practice squad candidate he would be a nice jar on the shelf, neither will be contributing much in the near future.

He's a fringe player at best and thats pretty much his ceiling as well. 

I'd rather use the practice squad for players with higher upside. 

Quote:I would argue that Sam has a little better motor and certainly out performed him in the preseason. I think Sam could eventually develop into a nice situational pass-rusher, same for Chris Smith.

Ehhh, thats not really true either because Smith showed a great motor, but I get you like Michael Sam. Nothing wrong with that. I am just saying its unfair to compare the two players when they arent really the same athletically. 

Quote:Ehhh, thats not really true either because Smith showed a great motor, but I get you like Michael Sam. Nothing wrong with that. I am just saying its unfair to compare the two players when they arent really the same athletically. 

Either way with similar builds and by nature of playing the same position it's fair to make a comparison. Just pointing out how people act like having Chris Smith should stop of from pursuing other young pass rushers that become available is a tad bit ridiculous. Also dumb to prop up Smith and then knock Sam for being a "tweener" when that's a trait they share.

Quote:He's a fringe player at best and thats pretty much his ceiling as well. 

I'd rather use the practice squad for players with higher upside. 

Guys like Terrance Cobb? That jersey ever come in the mail?