Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
we should sighn michal sam

Quote:Either way with similar builds and by nature of playing the same position it's fair to make a comparison. Just pointing out how people act like having Chris Smith should stop of from pursuing other young pass rushers that become available is a tad bit ridiculous. Also dumb to prop up Smith and then knock Sam for being a "tweener" when that's a trait they share.

You are using a tweener in a negative connotation I guess. Von Miller is a tweener, so are a lot of great players, it has nothing to do with skill. I am saying Chris Smith from watching him in college and the preseason has more ability/potential than Michael Sam. There is no reason to sign a guy who you know his ceiling is low. He is what he is, and that's ok. 

Follow me on twitter @Demetrius82

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You are using a tweener in a negative connotation I guess. Von Miller is a tweener, so are a lot of great players, it has nothing to do with skill. I am saying Chris Smith from watching him in college and the preseason has more ability/potential than Michael Sam. There is no reason to sign a guy who you know his ceiling is low. He is what he is, and that's ok. 

I never said that being a tweener was a bad trait at all

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Ehhh, thats not really true either because Smith showed a great motor, but I get you like Michael Sam. Nothing wrong with that. I am just saying its unfair to compare the two players when they arent really the same athletically. 
He likes him but for the wrong reasons. 

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2014, 09:07 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

No thx, he isnt good

Quote:I never said that being a tweener was a bad trait at all

Seemed to be implied when you said that people were calling him a tweener when we have one of those ourselves. But regardless I think the point is moot. Its talent that doesnt allow him to be on this team, plain and simple. 

Follow me on twitter @Demetrius82

Sam looked slow to me in pre season though he did make a few good plays.

Best case scenario is a Paul Spicer type and that is best case in my opinion.

Quote:He likes him but for the wrong reasons. 

Good one.

Quote:Seemed to be implied when you said that people were calling him a tweener when we have one of those ourselves. But regardless I think the point is moot. Its talent that doesnt allow him to be on this team, plain and simple. 

Again, never suggested he should move to the 53, but he would be an ideal replacement for our practice squad, seeing as to how we just moved a DE to the active roster. As for the "can't play" again I think that remains to be seen, he was the best player in the SEC and had 3 sacks in the preseason. Again, he would be a good practice squad candidate, despite his shortcomings.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Guys like Terrance Cobb? That jersey ever come in the mail?

Terrence Cobb fully healthy >>>>>> Sam any day of the week, 2x on Sundays. He just never recovered from that foot injury in college last year. 

Quote:Bc we have Chris Smith sitting on our own PS

I didn't see it reported anywhere, but Chris Smith was activated to the 53-man roster when Poz went on IR. They replaced Chris on the PS with CB Lou Young.

That said, Andre Branch suffered a groin injury against the Browns and will be out at least six weeks. I'm a little surprised they did not IR him along with Poz, but the Jaguars should be doing everything they can to replace him in the meantime. With that in mind I wouldn't mind seeing Michael Sam on the PS so they can get a good look at his pass rushing ability.

'02

Quote:Sam looked slow to me in pre season though he did make a few good plays.

Best case scenario is a Paul Spicer type and that is best case in my opinion.

I agree about sentence 1, he was slow. 

I disagree with sentence 2 in that Paul Spicer had some decent size too, Sam will never be even Paul Spicer. 

We avoided one circus for a few years now, so why would we want a totally different circus?

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote: I am just saying its unfair to compare the two players when they arent really the same athletically. 
Isn't that exactly how you want to compare players (by their athletic ability) and keep the guy with the bigger upside?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:We avoided one circus for a few years now, so why would we want a totally different circus?

Exactly. The talent does not warrant the circus that would follow him to Jacksonville. He's a marginal player at best.

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:Exactly. The talent does not warrant the circus that would follow him to Jacksonville. He's a marginal player at best.

What circus is that? I saw no circus in St. Louis or Dallas. I guess it's in your head.

FBT and TMD assured us that the world would implode if Sam was released - they said a team would be afraid to do so, some gibberish about the Gay Mafia (no, really) - and that has yet to happen. If Sam comes to the Jaguars, and I give it a 0.10% chance of happening, I'm not sure the NFL would even notice. 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:What circus is that? I saw no circus in St. Louis or Dallas. I guess it's in your head.

FBT and TMD assured us that the world would implode if Sam was released - they said a team would be afraid to do so, some gibberish about the Gay Mafia (no, really) - and that has yet to happen. If Sam comes to the Jaguars, and I give it a 0.10% chance of happening, I'm not sure the NFL would even notice. 

They noticed he was released from the Cowboys practice squad. How many NFL players get recognized by the national media when they're released from the practice squad? I think the media has kind of given up on the Michael Sam story though, to some degree. I think they realize he's not going to make it in the NFL so there's no juicy story there. Bravo can't make a reality show about Michael Sam's journey to the practice squad...

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:They noticed he was released from the Cowboys practice squad. How many NFL players get recognized by the national media when they're released from the practice squad? I think the media has kind of given up on the Michael Sam story though, to some degree. I think they realize he's not going to make it in the NFL so there's no juicy story there. Bravo can't make a reality show about Michael Sam's journey to the practice squad...

So now a headline is a circus?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:So now a headline is a circus?

What the OP is suggesting is to sign him to the active roster I believe. That would be more than a headline.

Quote:I think there's a reason other than the obvious as to why he was cut.
If the obvious is that he's not very good, then no, no other reason exists.

Quote:Terrence Cobb fully healthy >>>>>> Sam any day of the week, 2x on Sundays. He just never recovered from that foot injury in college last year. 
Ha. Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha ha. Ha ha ha. Ha. Thanks for the laugh.

Quote:Exactly. The talent does not warrant the circus that would follow him to Jacksonville. He's a marginal player at best.
There was a circus? Maybe right after he was drafted, but there was no media circus between the time he landed in Dallas and the time he left.

Michael Sam... cut from two teams before halfway through the season. I get that some of the Jags fans and most of the coaches don't seem to be the smartest most of the time, but take notes. He sucks, the only reason he even got drafted was because he came out as a homo. That's it. 

On another note, why does someone make a thread every single time someone gets cut from another team and says we should give them a look? We have enough problems with the team as it is, and have had for quite some time, we don't need to add more. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Sam is a one trick pony. Two teams have found that out. Can't play the run.

Never, ever should of been drafted.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"