Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chargers Moving to Los Angeles

Sad that this is really gonna happen. LA doesn't need 2 teams, San Diego deserved one.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The NFL has peaked IMO. Nobody is going to show up to a 2.5b stadium to watch bad football.

Chargers plan to play at StubHub Center in 2017-18

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...n-2017-18/

If Dean Spanos actually goes ahead with the move to LA,  it will be interesting to see if the Chargers will even fill up this ultra small stadium.

Quote: Ratings in LA were lower for Rams games this season than they were the previous season when LA didn't even have a team. The Rams have their share of fans but the overwhelming majority of people in LA that are NFL fans have other rooting interests.

The Raiders by far are the most popular team not only in LA but in Southern California as a whole but they are apparently not going to end up in LA.

The NFL screwed up big time with the entire relocation process in the last few seasons. On multiple fronts, including letting the Rams leave St. Louis despite a stadium proposal that was approved by both St. Louis and the state of Missouri.
The ratings were higher last year because LA was getting whatever the best game on TV was more often than not. Now theyre just getting bad football. If the rams get good this is a non issue

Quote:The ratings were higher last year because LA was getting whatever the best game on TV was more often than not. Now theyre just getting bad football. If the rams get good this is a non issue

Because Los Angeles was a secondary market for the Chargers in the seasons Los Angeles didn't have a team,  LA was getting at least the Chargers road games.   In 2015,  the Chargers went 3-13.  Though that was only a relatively small portion of the overall games LA received in 2015,    it's still a significant part of the ratings equation.  

Even taking the Chargers out of the equation ; Being that LA had their own team after not having once for 21 seasons,  even with bad football,  it's safe to assume that the NFL expected the Rams ratings to be higher than they were.   Unless the Rams provide winning football AND a team with stars,   especially at QB,   I don't think the ratings are going to improve much for them in LA.

Quote:What does a 2.6B stadium do exactly that a 1B stadium doesn't do?

I heard the new 2.6 billion dollar stadium is gonna have built-in scrote scratchers on every seat..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I heard the new 2.6 billion dollar stadium is gonna have built-in scrote scratchers on every seat..

Then it's worth every penny.

Stub hub is a tiny tiny stadium wow! Also, Spanos and Kroenke sharing a stadium hahahahahaha move Haslam there and you have the 3 stooges of LA

At least we won't be getting our [BLEEP] handed to us in San Diego anymore.

Have you seen my baseball?

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017, 09:39 AM by HolsterHusto.)

I am having a hard time picturing a NFL team playing in a stadium like this...

[Image: Home-Depot.jpg]

Quote:I am having a hard time picturing a NFL team playing in a stadium like this...

That looks like a practice field.

My heart breaks for Chargers fans. I used to be a Colts fan - until they left Baltimore.

I still dont understand why the Chargers would not move to another market. LA does not even care about the Rams. Give it another 10 years and one of the two, if not both, like before will be looking to get out of LA.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:  Ratings in LA were lower for Rams games this season than they were the previous season when LA didn't even have a team.    The Rams have their share of fans but the overwhelming majority of people in LA that are NFL fans have other rooting interests.  

The Raiders by far are the most popular team not only in LA but in Southern California as a whole but they are apparently not going to end up in LA. 

The NFL screwed up big time with the entire relocation process in the last few seasons.   On multiple fronts, including letting the Rams leave St. Louis despite a stadium proposal that was approved by both St. Louis and the state of Missouri.
The best team in California is probably leaving California for Vegas.

[Image: Nelsonfinal.png]

Quote:I still dont understand why the Chargers would not move to another market. LA does not even care about the Rams. Give it another 10 years and one of the two, if not both, like before will be looking to get out of LA.
The St. Louis Chargers...

Quote:The best team in California is probably leaving California for Vegas.

[Image: Nelsonfinal.png]

It sure looks that way.   This would help sum up the screw up on the part of the NFL with the relocation process this decade.

Not to mention the Raiders,  along with the 49ers,  are by far the most popular NFL teams in California.    The 49ers have more fans in Northern California but the Raiders have more fans overall in that state.   

Quote:I am having a hard time picturing a NFL team playing in a stadium like this...

With the improvements in television technology combined with the high price of tickets, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this was the distant future of all NFL stadiums.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

I'll tell you what, that would be an amazing place to watch a game. Small, quaint, your close to the field.....I would love to see a game there.

Quote:I'll tell you what, that would be an amazing place to watch a game. Small, quaint, your close to the field.....I would love to see a game there.

Ya which is why soccer is so good to watch in person,problem is they're not THAT many LA Galaxy fans so it works for them.

Looked like LA Galaxy put 25k into the seats on average last year, so not too bad.

I imagine they'll have to upgrade the video board for an NFL game, but who knows what they will do.  May just let it ride.  If we play them out there, I'd love to make that trip.  I'd imagine ticket prices will be high though with how few tickets there are.

I feel bad for Chargers fans. I hope this move fails miserably for Spanos. Same with The Rams and Raiders.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."