Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Austin Pettis Waived By Rams

Okay, so I know we have a stable of promising young wide outs. But, this guy seemed to flash a little in St. Louis, but never reached his full potential. Could he be worth a waiver claim?

Discuss...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...in-pettis/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wouldn't waste a roster spot.  It's a good problem we have in Jax(FINALLY!)  Between Robinson, Lee, Shorts, Hurns, Sanders, and (MAYBE??) Blackmon coming back why waste a spot?  He's got intriguing talent and if we still had the WR corps of two years ago I could see the logic, but not now.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Were good at WR

We're already having trouble finding enough reps for players like Allen Hurns and you want to bring in another WR? 

We don't need Pettis and he sucks anyway. The Rams aren't exactly stacked at WR and they let him go. 

Earlier in the season when the injuries struck the WRs I'd have given him a shot but right now it's pointless.

It's hard to say...  He does offer a dynamic that we don't really have in our receiver corps.  He is a real burner that can take the top off a defense.  Lee was supposed to do that, but hasn't.  Lee is more quick and shifty with good speed than a straight up burner.  

I would get rid of Tavarres King or Mike Brown for this guy and see what he can do.

The only Rams I'd look at if they were available would be Quick and Britt, the rest are garbage. 

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Word is he was cut after being late to/missing a team meeting.

#Coughlin'd

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:It's hard to say...  He does offer a dynamic that we don't really have in our receiver corps.  He is a real burner that can take the top off a defense.  Lee was supposed to do that, but hasn't.  Lee is more quick and shifty with good speed than a straight up burner.  

I would get rid of Tavarres King or Mike Brown for this guy and see what he can do.

Tavares King was a complete straight up waste of time. 

I agree with this statement. Jaguars are fine at WR. Plus Blackmon could be coming back next year. No sense in taking a roster spot or stringing Pettis along when he more than likely won't stick here.
Quote:The only Rams I'd look at if they were available would be Quick and Britt, the rest are garbage.

Quote:I agree with this statement. Jaguars are fine at WR. Plus Blackmon could be coming back next year. No sense in taking a roster spot or stringing Pettis along when he more than likely won't stick here.

What's the latest news on Blackmon anyways? Last I remember seeing was he entered rehab. That doesn't point much to him coming back next year, so was there anything else I might have missed? I hope so, Bortles to Blackmon would be awesome, but until I hear he's applying to the NFL again I won't believe he's coming back. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:What's the latest news on Blackmon anyways? Last I remember seeing was he entered rehab. That doesn't point much to him coming back next year, so was there anything else I might have missed? I hope so, Bortles to Blackmon would be awesome, but until I hear he's applying to the NFL again I won't believe he's coming back. 

Not only that but Bortles and Allen Robinson in 3 WR sets would be difficult to defend as both are sure handed strong WR. 

Quote:What's the latest news on Blackmon anyways? Last I remember seeing was he entered rehab. That doesn't point much to him coming back next year, so was there anything else I might have missed? I hope so, Bortles to Blackmon would be awesome, but until I hear he's applying to the NFL again I won't believe he's coming back.
Best of my knowledge, no further news other than the rehab you mentioned. When I said he "could" be back, I just meant it was possible. I was listening to 1010xl the other day, Johnny O was on there and they were talking about it briefly. Certainly anything can happen, and I wouldn't hold my breathe. Rehab is the first step, I'd imagine he would try to get reinstated for next year. Whether or not they reinstate him, we'll have to wait and see.

Quote:Not only that but Bortles and Allen Robinson in 3 WR sets would be difficult to defend as both are sure handed strong WR. 

I think you mean Blackmon instead of Bortles but yeah Blackmon can catch the ball better than anyone. Everyone knows he isnt going to burn you down the field, but man that dude would fight for every ball and every yard after the catch. It was one thing having headcases like Reggie Williams and Matt Jones drafted in the first round that didn't equal 1/4 the talent of Blackmon, but seeing him come and flame himself away just made you want to say #BecauseJaguars. 

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2014, 08:30 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:We're already having trouble finding enough reps for players like Allen Hurns and you want to bring in another WR?
*cough*Stephen Hill*cough*

Or has that opinion "evolved"?

No to Pettis. We're loaded.

Quote:*cough*Stephen Hill*cough*

Or has that opinion "evolved"?

No to Pettis. We're loaded.

Stephen Hill... lmao, the next projected Megatron turns into the next bust. Could have been the Jets though. Would you want to have Mark Sanchez butt fumbling the ball instead of throwing it into your hands? 

I agree we've got a good problem with WR's getting reps. But, I just don't see Tavares King being better than this guy. I'd be willing to give him a look. And, unless he has a set of Tiquan Underwood stone hands, you just don't cut speed. I'd be interested in seeing what he can do.

And I think the Blackmon ship has sailed. He's gotta prove that he can make the right decisions before he'll be welcomed back, and he has yet to make any choice remotely resembling a positive one since he got here. You just can't bank on him. 

Quote:I agree we've got a good problem with WR's getting reps. But, I just don't see Tavares King being better than this guy. I'd be willing to give him a look. And, unless he has a set of Tiquan Underwood stone hands, you just don't cut speed. I'd be interested in seeing what he can do.

And I think the Blackmon ship has sailed. He's gotta prove that he can make the right decisions before he'll be welcomed back, and he has yet to make any choice remotely resembling a positive one since he got here. You just can't bank on him. 
Pettis runs a 4.6