Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kirk Cousins benched, demoted to no. 3 QB

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2014, 04:54 PM by knarnn.)

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/kirk-cousins-benched-colt-mccoy-will-start-until-rg3-cleared'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/kirk-cousins-benched-colt-mccoy-will-start-until-rg3-cleared</a>

Cant say I'm surprised. He's been an interception machine the past couple of weeks. There was a good chance Washington would've lost this past Sunday if Gruden didn't pull the plug when he did. Colt McCoy will now get his shot at QB redemption.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow.  From potential trade target to 3rd string in 7 weeks.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

You know it's bad when they're trotting out Colt McCoy as the starter...

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

and he torched us

Watching the games this year its clear that Kirk Cousins is too much of a head case. He is capable of playing at a high level for decent stretches of time, but when he makes a mistake such as an INT, he tends to completely meltdown and winds up making 2 or 3 more, rather than being resilient and shrugging it off. 

He would have had more trade value had he not played this season, or maybe right after the Jags game.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

this might be some egg on my face, hailtoyourvictor.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:and he torched us

seriously, he looked like a world beater when he played us.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Watching the games this year its clear that Kirk Cousins is too much of a head case. He is capable of playing at a high level for decent stretches of time, but when he makes a mistake such as an INT, he tends to completely meltdown and winds up making 2 or 3 more, rather than being resilient and shrugging it off. 

He's a streaky QB. Streaky QBs are rarely ever successful. Eli Manning is the only one I can think of that's had any success recently.

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:He's a streaky QB. Streaky QBs are rarely ever successful. Eli Manning is the only one I can think of that's had any success recently.

Its more than that with Cousins though....I mean in that NY GIants game, he's sitting there moping on the bench with his head down in the 3rd quarter after a couple INT's....if you are the QB you can't be projecting that kinda negative body language and negative morale. You gotta shrug it off. Being pissed off is one thing....sitting there like you're about to cry is another. 

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2014, 05:38 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:seriously, he looked like a world beater when he played us.

He looked even better against the Eagles until the very end. 

Quote:Its more than that with Cousins though....I mean in that NY GIants game, he's sitting there moping on the bench with his head down in the 3rd quarter after a couple INT's....if you are the QB you can't be projecting that kinda negative body language and negative morale. You gotta shrug it off. Being [BAD WORD REMOVED] off is one thing....sitting there like you're about to cry is another. 

Kinda like when Eli gets "Eli face" during a bad game. Ninja

Quote:and he torched us

Just shows you how much we have improved since then.

Just goes to show you - sometimes some wannabe GMs are dead wrong on things.  They would have traded a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him after his rookie year.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Watching the games this year its clear that Kirk Cousins is too much of a head case. He is capable of playing at a high level for decent stretches of time, but when he makes a mistake such as an INT, he tends to completely meltdown and winds up making 2 or 3 more, rather than being resilient and shrugging it off.

That's an awful lot of words to say "I was wrong."

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Im shocked he failed this fast honestly. I didnt think he would really be too much in the NFL but I thought he'd stay with at least the 2nd spot lol

Same troubles he had coming out of college, same troubles he had in his first two NFL years, same troubles he has now. He stares down his receivers and forces bad throws on a consistent basis. You do that on this level and you aren't going to be very succesful. I've been trying to get this point across for the past two years, despite others thinking Cousins was worth trading a 2nd round pick for last season.

He fell fast and he fell hard.

He's young, so there's still a chance he can turn it around, but it will take a lot of hard work.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.