Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Coach...hmmm New Qb?

Quote:If Romo is actually released the Jaguars should totally go after him. Why would you want him? The guy is elite when healthy, and if he does get hurt it would simply give Blake some reps. There's been plenty of talk about how much help Blake has got from Chenne. Just imagine how much learning behind and with Romo for a couple years would help. Romo would instantly transform the Jaguars offense when healthy as Blake would improve as a young quarterback should being groomed behind one of the best. I can't think of a situation in the NFL that would work out better for Romo, and the Jaguars may even have legit SB hopes if the defense continues to improve as the Jaguars field a very strong overall quarterback position... especially knowing they also have Brandon Allen waiting his turn.

This is so illogical.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This is so illogical.

The logic comes into play when you consider that Blake is still developing and might not be ready to be a full-time starter just yet even though he has been starting.

'02

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2017, 09:02 AM by RicoTx.)

Quote:The logic comes into play when you consider that Blake is still developing and might not be ready to be a full-time starter just yet even though he has been starting.

Signing Romo, especially with the quantifications that you use, is absolutely illogical. Let's not even mention the fact that Bortles has now been starting for THREE years. You can't suddenly treat him like a rookie. He's either your starter or you start making plans to move on. And you sure don't move on to a 37 year old quarterback with serious back issues.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:The logic comes into play when you consider that Blake is still developing and might not be ready to be a full-time starter just yet even though he has been starting.
Blake is 2.5 seasons in. You sit him now he's a back up for life.

Maybe Bortles isn't the franchise guy many hoped he'd be. But Romo is a move you make when you're Superbowl or bust.

I just don't see the sense in signing Romo on a team that still has a lot more questions than just the QB position.

Namely, the O-line, the RBs, whether the WRs were one season wonders... if the D is actually any good....

Quote:One guy who I think will be in play for the Jags for better or for worse, might be Jay Cutler. He's not my choice by any means, but he could push Bortles in 2017, until we find a long term answer.

There is just no way in the world that Jay Cutler is a Tom Coughlin type of player. None.

I would be shocked if Jay Cutler is in play for the Jags in any capacity. I just don't see it.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!