Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Coach...hmmm New Qb?

Quote:Competition is a fallacy. Youre either bringing in a guy whos about as bad as Bortles like Hoyer or a guy whos straight up better than him like Tyrod.

Yawn.

Slanted opinions stated as facts are boring. You're smarter than that. 

There are potential upgrades to BB5 in the draft. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yawn.

Slanted opinions stated as facts are boring. You're smarter than that.

There are potential upgrades to BB5 in the draft.

We need to bring in immediate competion. A rookie wont do that imo.

Quote:Competition is a fallacy. Youre either bringing in a guy whos about as bad as Bortles like Hoyer or a guy whos straight up better than him like Tyrod.

If you honestly think that Tyrod Taylor would beat out Blake Bortles then you're smoking dope and based on some of your post in the past I wouldn't be off base by making that statement.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:or a guy whos straight up better than him like Tyrod.
[Image: beylaugh.gif]

Quote:We need to bring in immediate competion. A rookie wont do that imo.
After seeing the rookie performances of guys like Wentz, Prescott, Winston, Wilson and Carr in recent years I'm inclined to believe a rookie can be part of a winning formula under a scheme that mitigates his mistakes.  

That is likely the type of scheme Hackett and company will build for Bortles given his 2016 struggles.

Therefore - a rookie who is technically sound and has the IQ to learn a pro system could conceivably step in for a struggling Bortles in week 6 or 7 and run the show successfully. 

Quote:If you honestly think that Tyrod Taylor would beat out Blake Bortles then you're smoking dope and based on some of your post in the past I wouldn't be off base by making that statement.
Theres nothing Blake does better than Tyrod.

Quote:After seeing the rookie performances of guys like Wentz, Prescott, Winston, Wilson and Carr in recent years I'm inclined to believe a rookie can be part of a winning formula under a scheme that mitigates his mistakes.

That is likely the type of scheme Hackett and company will build for Bortles given his 2016 struggles.

Therefore - a rookie who is technically sound and has the IQ to learn a pro system could conceivably step in for a struggling Bortles in week 6 or 7 and run the show successfully.
Yeah were just gonna draft a franchise QB late, its super easy.

Quote:Theres nothing Blake does better than Tyrod.
really? He has better numbers the last 2 years, throws better on the run than tyrod, he has done more than less than him performance wise. Tyrod Taylor is a black alex smith or better yet david garrard which is someone that leans heavily on the running game like lasean mccoy and asked not to make difficult throws. The bills are so in love with him that they want to cut him asap without even having a contingency plan in place. lol. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Yeah were just gonna draft a franchise QB late, its super easy.
That's not what I said. 

I'm talking about finding a game manager with upside in round 2,3, or 4. 

If it was easy there wouldn't be a dozen teams that would really like to upgrade their QB.

Sure it's not easy - but that shouldn't stop you from trying. 

Quote:really? He has better numbers the last 2 years, throws better on the run than tyrod, he has done more than less than him performance wise. Tyrod Taylor is a black alex smith or better yet david garrard which is someone that leans heavily on the running game like lasean mccoy and asked not to make difficult throws. The bills are so in love with him that they want to cut him asap without even having a contingency plan in place. lol. 

Football is a lot more than just box score stats.  Tyrod Taylor > Bortles.  Alex Smith > Bortles.  And to be honest, if we're talking about 07' Garrard...I'd rather have him too.

I wouldn't be surprised of the QB roster is just Bortles, Henne and Allen again.  

Quote:really? He has better numbers the last 2 years, throws better on the run than tyrod, he has done more than less than him performance wise. Tyrod Taylor is a black alex smith or better yet david garrard which is someone that leans heavily on the running game like lasean mccoy and asked not to make difficult throws. The bills are so in love with him that they want to cut him asap without even having a contingency plan in place. lol.
So thats what Blake does better than tyrod? Empty stats and throwing on the run? damn thats a compelling argument. Tyrod is one of the more accurate deep passers in the league and is regularly aggressive so this game manager thing youre trying to spin isnt accurate. What the bills think about him is irrelevant.

Quote:That's not what I said.

I'm talking about finding a game manager with upside in round 2,3, or 4.

If it was easy there wouldn't be a dozen teams that would really like to upgrade their QB.

Sure it's not easy - but that shouldn't stop you from trying.
then proceeded to use example that were 3 potential franchise qbs, one that looks that way after one season, and carson wentz.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2017, 01:13 PM by GlockBortles.)

So competition is

A) Tyrod Taylor, a quarterback who we dont need to make some false competition for because hes proven better than what we have

B ) Some journeyman whos as bad as what we have so we can hand the job to bortles but give the appearance of a competitive environment

C)A game manager rookie whos floor is not being a disaster and ceiling is a bunch of qbs who all play vastly different but all look like potential franchise qbs 3 of which we passed on already, because those are just lying around every draft.

Sounds like a plan fellas. I for one am most looking forward to this faux competition come summer time

Quote:then proceeded to use example that were 3 potential franchise qbs, one that looks that way after one season, and carson wentz.
You are lumping together two distinctly different sentences from my post. 

Those guys weren't examples of a "a mid round game manager with upside."  They are examples to Bklyn of why you don't need to assume a rookie can't be productive at QB.  

Two different thoughts there. Don't confuse them. 

I've been very clear in my hopes for the way they address this QB situation. 

I'd simply like them to have a "Plan B" if they can't get Bortles on track.

They may go the FA route with a guy like Tyrod. They may spend an early or mid-round pick on a guy like Mahomes or Webb. 

I'd be cool with either as long as they show me the effort to address it. 

I don't see what's got your panties twisted here. 

I suspect that Blake's downfield vision and ability to hit the deep pass is superior. ...or at least when his arm is not fatigued that is.

'02

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2017, 07:55 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:I suspect that Blake's downfield vision and ability to hit the deep pass is superior. ...or at least when his arm is not fatigued that is.
Tyrod was one of if not the most accurate deep ball passer in 2015. I think only carson palmer was better at that depth

Quote:So thats what Blake does better than tyrod? Empty stats and throwing on the run? damn thats a compelling argument. Tyrod is one of the more accurate deep passers in the league and is regularly aggressive so this game manager thing youre trying to spin isnt accurate. What the bills think about him is irrelevant.

For starters keep in mind that Tyrod had four years with the Ravens learning to play the game before he took over with the Bills whereas Bortles never had the luxury of learning behind someone. That said, he might be overrated as a deep passer if that's what you're hearing. In all those years with the Ravens he never once threw a pass over 40 yards... his career total is 18. Blake has 21 so far, but it should be more. Last year with the fatigued arm he only had 4.

'02

Quote:Tyrod was one of if not the most accurate deep ball passer in 2015. I think only carson palmer was better at that depth

Impressive, although I'd like to see the stat because I'm guessing Blake wasn't far behind.

'02

Quote:Tyrod was one of if not the most accurate deep ball passer in 2015. I think only carson palmer was better at that depth
I agree that he has a more accurate deep ball than Bortles.  

Score TDs.

Blake has pretty much destroyed him at that aspect.