Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Coach...hmmm New Qb?

Well, Coughlin has stated his opinion of Bortles already.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well, Coughlin has stated his opinion of Bortles already.

Did he? What did he say?

I only saw the presser where he said 'Blake Bortles is our Quarterback'.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Well sure, anything is possible. But i just dont have any reason to believe otherwise. If they were taking a hard look at the QB position I dont think we'd have Dave publicly stating he thinks Blake is a super bowl winning QB,even if Dave isnt actually making decisions he would know if TC was going to go in a different direction and probably wouldnt make such a claim for the sake of public perception.

While I agree we're probably not going QB in the draft, I wouldn't base that opinion on what Dave said here about Blake. All GMs talk nice about their QBs if for nothing else that to consider their trade potential.

'02

Quote:Well, Coughlin has stated his opinion of Bortles already.

Do you have a link?

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2017, 08:32 AM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:While I agree we're probably not going QB in the draft, I wouldn't base that opinion on what Dave said here about Blake. All GMs talk nice about their QBs if for nothing else that to consider their trade potential.
Well yeah but he went all in and it wasnt prompted either. If he was asked if Blake could win a superbowl then Id understand but he just said it on his own accord. I get that its just media jargon aspect but he went way too far for me to believe theres anyone else he/they plans on starting.

I dont buy this as trade speak either. Saying hes superbowl worthy and then being willing to trade him just means youre lying. If dave really believed he was a SB QB he'd never be an option to trade and GMs know that. The smoke screen is just entirely too heavy handed.

Quote:Well yeah but he went all in and it wasnt prompted either. If he was asked if Blake could win a superbowl then Id understand but he just said it on his own accord. I get that its just media jargon aspect but he went way too far for me to believe theres anyone else he/they plans on starting.

I dont buy this as trade speak either. Saying hes superbowl worthy and then being willing to trade him just means youre lying. If dave really believed he was a SB QB he'd never be an option to trade and GMs know that. The smoke screen is just entirely too heavy handed.

Dave don't wanna be wrong about Bortles... Let's not forget it was his surprised first round pick... Caldwell is basically holding on to hope.. Hoping he wasn't wrong, when everything suggest that he was... It's like that gf you don't wanna let go of... She's gone Caldwell let her go! Lol..

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2017, 09:00 AM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:Dave don't wanna be wrong about Bortles... Let's not forget it was his surprised first round pick... Caldwell is basically holding on to hope.. Hoping he wasn't wrong, when everything suggest that he was... It's like that gf you don't wanna let go of... She's gone Caldwell let her go! Lol..
Oh yeah definitely, thats the worst part. Having a GM thats either deluded himself into actually believing what hes saying here or just unwilling to take the loss for the good of the franchise is pretty scary for our sake.

well...  We have been here before at the QB position.  Of course they are tripling down on Blake.  All of the offseason has centered around status quo operations and continuity.

Everything was Gus's fault at the end of the season after all.

*End Sarcasm

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Did he? What did he say?

I only saw the presser where he said 'Blake Bortles is our Quarterback'.

Coughlin actually hasn't said anything definitive, but Jay Glazer did claim back just before Coughlin first interviewed with us earlier this year that Coughlin isn't a fan of Bortles.  It's purely speculation at this point.

Quote:Coughlin actually hasn't said anything definitive, but Jay Glazer did claim back just before Coughlin first interviewed with us earlier this year that Coughlin isn't a fan of Bortles. It's purely speculation at this point.

I hope Blake proves a lot of people wrong.

Quote:I hope Blake proves a lot of people wrong.

You know what I hope he does too... I hope he proves me wrong and prove that he belongs, in the nfl.. I hope he take the time off this offseason to work on his fundamentals, watch film, dedicate his self to the game, I hope he becomes a better leader.. Here's to Hoping!

Quote:Troy Aikman
I would rather have a development QB then an old injury prone vet who cant stay healthy,  Yes he was a very good quarterback. But you build a team for the future and Tony is a square peg in a round hole with no long term advantage at the position. I don't think Tony would be very excited to play behind our oline to extend his career.

Quote:I hope Blake proves a lot of people wrong.

I do too. The last thing we need is to go searching for a franchise QB again. Hopefully, 2016 was just a bump in the road for him. 

Quote:I do too. The last thing we need is to go searching for a franchise QB again. Hopefully, 2016 was just a bump in the road for him. 

Absolutely, let's hope so!

Just thought I'd put this here.

@ESPNdirocco: Kirk Cousins isn't going to be available. That's an unrealistic scenario. Washington will either work out a deal or use the franchise tag on him again. As for Jimmy Garoppolo, the Patriots are asking for a first-round draft pick in a trade and I'd be absolutely stunned if the Jaguars are willing to give up the fourth overall pick for an unproven player (two NFL starts is nowhere close to know if he's the real deal). As for Tony Romo, the Jaguars might show interest if the Cowboys release him but it makes no sense for Romo to sign here. He's at the end of his career and he's chasing a title. Besides, why would you want an injury-prone, 37-year-old QB? Doug Marrone, Tom Coughlin and Dave Caldwell are essentially in win-now mode and you can't trust Romo, who missed 27 games over the past two seasons, to be healthy.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2017, 03:18 PM by pirkster.)

I wouldn't form any opinions based on an empty Jay Glazer rumor.

Instead, let's see what's done both in the offseason, and in response to how Blake plays during the upcoming season.

Until then, we only have Coughlin's word:

“We will act as a team. We will make all decisions as a team. Blake Bortles is our quarterback”

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I wouldn't form any opinions based on an empty Jay Glazer rumor.

Instead, let's see what's done both in the offseason, and in response to how Blake plays during the upcoming season.

Until then, we only have Coughlin's word:

<span style="background-color:rgb(250,250,250);">“We will act as a team. We will make all decisions as a team. Blake Bortles is our quarterback”
</span>

Yeah he is our qb until free agency begins or the draft...

Quote:Yeah he is our qb until free agency begins or the draft...

That's pretty much what "let's see what's done both in the offseason, and in response to how Blake plays during the upcoming season" means...

Any offseason moves will show their confidence in that statement.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote: 

@ESPNdirocco: ...As for Tony Romo, the Jaguars might show interest if the Cowboys release him but it makes no sense for Romo to sign here. He's at the end of his career and he's chasing a title. Besides, why would you want an injury-prone, 37-year-old QB? Doug Marrone, Tom Coughlin and Dave Caldwell are essentially in win-now mode and you can't trust Romo, who missed 27 games over the past two seasons, to be healthy.

If Romo is actually released the Jaguars should totally go after him. Why would you want him? The guy is elite when healthy, and if he does get hurt it would simply give Blake some reps. There's been plenty of talk about how much help Blake has got from Chenne. Just imagine how much learning behind and with Romo for a couple years would help. Romo would instantly transform the Jaguars offense when healthy as Blake would improve as a young quarterback should being groomed behind one of the best. I can't think of a situation in the NFL that would work out better for Romo, and the Jaguars may even have legit SB hopes if the defense continues to improve as the Jaguars field a very strong overall quarterback position... especially knowing they also have Brandon Allen waiting his turn.

'02

One guy who I think will be in play for the Jags for better or for worse, might be Jay Cutler. He's not my choice by any means, but he could push Bortles in 2017, until we find a long term answer.