Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Game at 9:30a.m. on FOX

Quote:You are mixed up. When the TV guide says the game is at 1:00, they are referring to Eastern time. London is five hours away, not four and a half. So kickoff will be at 6:00 local time.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2014/REG8     Game starts at 9:30am on Fox. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You are mixed up. When the TV guide says the game is at 1:00, they are referring to Eastern time. London is five hours away, not four and a half. So kickoff will be at 6:00 local time.

OHHHH JW, HOW did you ever make it to 37 years of age? You get so confused sometimes on things that are so easy to check out, that you end up even confusing yourself.

I have to believe someone has given you some good help along the way.

God bless them, I know it wasn't easy.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:just to let you know...because I'm going and it caught me out it is at 1:30 local time

I assume you're going the Jags game also? Where bouts in the Uk you from?

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2014, 12:52 PM by ukjag34.)

Quote:I assume you're going the Jags game also? Where bouts in the Uk you from?
Damn straight went last year too, same seats

Im from Portsmouth but have lived in Manchester for 5 years so that's where im travelling from

Me and my missus are coming down on the Saturday for the jags game to see the fan rally this year though

Quote:Damn straight went last year too, same seats

Im from Portsmouth but have lived in Manchester for 5 years so that's where im travelling from

Me and my missus are coming down on the Saturday for the jags game to see the fan rally this year though

Nice I really wanted to go down on the sat but who I'm going with was working which sucks, from Birmingham here Smile I can't wait!

I was in Alaska for the opening game and it was weird being at a sports bar at 9:00am watching the game and drinking.  Weird, but manageable  Smile

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2014, 06:15 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:I was in Alaska for the opening game and it was weird being at a sports bar at 9:00am watching the game and drinking.  Weird, but manageable 

Now that sounds like a very different way to watch a game.

9:00m a.m. in a sports bar.

Eggs, bacon and Bloody Marys anyone?

Quote:Damn straight went last year too, same seats

Enjoy the game.

The Cowboys are really good this year.

Hopefully it's a good game.

Quote:Nope it's definitely 13:30 UK time, and though it is usually 5 hour difference, we put our clocks back this weekend (1 week before you I think) so it's a 4 hour difference

Last year it was at 1:00 (not 1:30) Florida time, which is five hours before UK time. (I turn my clocks back the first Sunday in November.) The schedule says 1:00 Eastern time, not 9:30, on jaguars.com. There were no indications ast year it was on tape delay. So how can I be wrong about this?

Quote:Last year it was at 1:00 (not 1:30) Florida time, which is five hours before UK time except when you turn your clocks back. (I do that the first Sunday in November.) I did not see anything in the NFL TV schedule indicating it was recorded. So how is a 9:30 kickoff possible?
JW, the game starts 1:30 pm London time. Because they turn their clocks back earlier than us that makes the difference 4 hours. 1:30 pm London time minus 4 hours equals 9:30 am here.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Oh JW, how did you ever make it to 37 years of age? You get so confused sometimes on things that are so easy to check out, that you end up even confusing yourself.

I have to believe someone has given you some good help along the way.

God bless them, I know it wasn't easy.

The problem is I did check it out, so I would have known it is at 9:30 because I got the time from jaguars.com and it can't get any more official than that.

In case you don't believe me: http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/schedule.html

Quote:JW, the game starts 1:30 pm London time. Because they turn their clocks back earlier than us that makes the difference 4 hours. 1:30 pm London time minus 4 hours equals 9:30 am here.

So why does jaguars.com say 1:00 Eastern time?

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2014, 06:38 PM by Jagwired.)

Quote:The problem is I did check it out, so I would have known it is at 9:30 because I got the time from jaguars.com and it can't get any more official than that.

Quote:So why does jaguars.com say 1:00 Eastern time?
That is the Jags schedule. Thread pertains to this coming Sunday. Falcons-Lions game.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:The problem is I did check it out, so I would have known it is at 9:30 because I got the time from jaguars.com and it can't get any more official than that.

So you did check out the game this Sunday on Fox between the Lions and the Falcons, that this thread title is about, and came to THAT official conclusion?

Hmmmmmmmm, JW, I think I am now starting to understand your posts now, more then I did before.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2014, 06:46 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:So why does jaguars.com say 1:00 Eastern time?

OH JW, smh, good luck to you and those around you.

You will all need it.

Quote:So you did check out the game this Sunday on Fox between the Lions and the Falcons, that this thread title is about, and came to THAT official conclusion?

Hmmmmmmmm, JW, I think I am now starting to understand your posts now, more then I did before.

LOL With over 2,000 posts, I would think you already understood me by now. When somebody mentioned hoping we beat the Cowboys, I totally forgot this thread is not about our game.

Quote:OH JW, smh, good luck to you and those around you.

You will all need it.

Good luck for what?

Quote:I was in Alaska for the opening game and it was weird being at a sports bar at 9:00am watching the game and drinking.  Weird, but manageable   Smile

Try 7:00am in Hawaii.   :thumbsup:

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

NFL.com is confused as JW.

Right now they have the Sunday 9:30 am game in London between the Lions and the Falcons listed between the Sunday 8:30 p.m. game and the Monday 8:30 p.m. game across the top of their homepage.

They ALWAYS list all their games for the week in order there, according to the kickoff times.

Somebody didn't bother to check and just assumed it was 9:30 p.m.

I would expect that to change when somebody realizes the error.

Nothing like an excuse to drink in the morning.