Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Game at 9:30a.m. on FOX

Quote:Nothing like an excuse to drink in the morning.

NYC, it sounds like you're off tour now. How did that all go? Everything you dreamed?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:NYC, it sounds like you're off tour now. How did that all go? Everything you dreamed?
Only traveling sporadically at the moment. It was a 10 week run and while it was not my first tour, it was  the first with that band and definitely the funnest to date!  Had a great time and made a little dough. Good times for sure. Even had a whiskey with one of our long time posters when passing through his town. 

Headed to Jax tomorrow for a long working weekend with some of my former partners in crime from back in the day. Hoping to get to the game Sunday.

Quote:Only traveling sporadically at the moment. It was a 10 week run and while it was not my first tour, it was  the first with that band and definitely the funnest to date!  Had a great time and made a little dough. Good times for sure. Even had a whiskey with one of our long time posters when passing through his town. 

Headed to Jax tomorrow for a long working weekend with some of my former partners in crime from back in the day. Hoping to get to the game Sunday.

How was TMD?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:How was TMD?
Haha.  I did play in Philly and almost offered him a ticket.  But, no….. wasn't him.

Quote:NFL.com is confused as JW.

Right now they have the Sunday 9:30 am game in London between the Lions and the Falcons listed between the Sunday 8:30 p.m. game and the Monday 8:30 p.m. game across the top of their homepage.

They ALWAYS list all their games for the week in order there, according to the kickoff times.

Somebody didn't bother to check and just assumed it was 9:30 p.m.

I would expect that to change when somebody realizes the error.

The 9:30 a.m. Sunday game has been moved to it's proper slot.

Good work NFL.com

Quote:The 9:30 a.m. Sunday game has been moved to it's proper slot.

Good work NFL.com

Good. Not seeing that one next to the Thursday night game messed me up.

Quote:Only traveling sporadically at the moment. It was a 10 week run and while it was not my first tour, it was  the first with that band and definitely the funnest to date!  Had a great time and made a little dough. Good times for sure. Even had a whiskey with one of our long time posters when passing through his town. 

Sweet! Livin the dream man... If I may ask, do you get stuff like that through word of mouth? Or people hear an album you put out or something?

While I have never experienced the Lions playing in a Super Bowl,  following the team's coverage this week has the feel of an NFL Super Bowl Week.  Many of the articles are about the team's accommodations,  practice setting,  local fan reaction,  promotional events,  local news,  and tourist spots.    This week feels different than any I've experienced as a Lions fan in an NFL regular season.    And this is from the perspective of a fan from the team that's considered the road team.   I can't even imagine what Falcons fans are seeing in the media outlets that cover their team.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2014, 07:17 AM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:While I have never experienced the Lions playing in a Super Bowl,  following the team's coverage this week has the feel of an NFL Super Bowl Week.  Many of the articles are about the team's accommodations,  practice setting,  local fan reaction,  promotional events,  local news,  and tourist spots.    This week feels different than any I've experienced as a Lions fan in an NFL regular season.    And this is from the perspective of a fan from the team that's considered the road team.   I can't even imagine what Falcons fans are seeing in the media outlets that cover their team.

You bring up an interesting point.

Have the Lions ever played in London before? I can't remember.

They seem to be getting the royal treatment this week because they are playing in London, and they're having a good season so far.

If the game was here in the states, there wouldn't be all the extra hoopla they are having, but because it's in London this week, it's more then just another NFL game in week 8.

It's just a different experience to host a game in London right now, then the states.

Quote:You bring up an interesting point.

Have the Lions ever played in London before? I can't remember.

They seem to be getting the royal treatment this week because they are playing in London, and they're having a good season so far.

If the game was here in the states, there wouldn't be all the extra hoopla they are having, but because it's in London this week, it's more then just another NFL game in week 8.

It's just a different experience to host a game in London right now, then the states.

The only other time the Lions have played in London was in the 1993 pre-season against the Dallas Cowboys.   The game ended up in a tie.   It was in the days of Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith.   The Cowboys had a sizeable following in the U.K.  because they played at least one other pre-season game there in the past and were the defending Super Bowl Champions.     There was certainly more media coverage for that pre-season game than the typical Lions pre-season game.   But this week's regular season game is on a different level in terms of all of the extras that a team wouldn't be involved with in a typical week leading up to a game,

I think the combination of the Lions getting to a good start as you mentioned,   along with the team having high profile players in Matthew Stafford,  Calvin Johnson,  Reggie Bush,  and Ndamukong Suh,  are probably the reasons why the Lions are getting the royal treatment this week.   My concern is how much of a distraction will this be for the team,  regarding the game.    Jim Caldwell has done a great job keeping the team at an even keel this season,   after the emotional roller coaster that Jim Schwartz brought to the table.   But this will be a huge test for Jim Caldwell.     The facility the Lions are practicing and staying in Bagshot, England sounds like a 5 star U.K. style resort.   That in itself is a potential major distraction.

I wonder how many Lions and Falcons will correctly guess what the tube is. None of the Raiders said subway LOL.

Mind the gap

Don't forget about this game at 9:30 a.m. Sunday morning.

I am looking forward to it. Breakfast with the NFL.

Some of you even get to WATCH football while you are tailgating before the Jags game.

You get the extremely rare double-header with the 1pm Jags game being the 2nd game this time.

That's the norm on the west coast. But nothing compares to waking up at 1am to watch the Jags play when I was living out on Guam.

Quote:That's the norm on the west coast. But nothing compares to waking up at 1am to watch the Jags play when I was living out on Guam.

WOW, waking up at 1am to watch a Jags game.

You sir are a true Jags fan.

Quote:WOW, waking up at 1am to watch a Jags game.

You sir are a true Jags fan.

I go to bed long after that. Thank God our game in London is at the regular time because I would miss the whole first half.

I think the NFL is going to love this 9:30 AM Eastern Time start and has wanted to do it for years. Now they can feed the masses NFL football from 9:30 in the morning until 11:30 at night on Sunday. Throw in some pre-game and it will start at 8 AM.

They may be expecting some backlash from church/religious groups and will gauge its impact but I think you will see this time slot become a standard every year and even expand from there.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:I think the NFL is going to love this 9:30 AM Eastern Time start and has wanted to do it for years. Now they can feed the masses NFL football from 9:30 in the morning until 11:30 at night on Sunday. Throw in some pre-game and it will start at 8 AM.

They may be expecting some backlash from church/religious groups and will gauge its impact but I think you will see this time slot become a standard every year and even expand from there.

I think you may be on to something.

Come on 9:30am, get here already.

Only 2:00 until Football! I like this for a change. Feels like such a long wait until 1:00 PM on Sundays. Any other day of the week it will get here so fast. Nice to have a game to watch when normally I'm bouncing my leg and starring at the clock.