Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Game at 9:30a.m. on FOX

I stayed up til the early hours of the morning to watch pre-season games  :whistling:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think the NFL is going to love this 9:30 AM Eastern Time start and has wanted to do it for years. Now they can feed the masses NFL football from 9:30 in the morning until 11:30 at night on Sunday. Throw in some pre-game and it will start at 8 AM.

They may be expecting some backlash from church/religious groups and will gauge its impact but I think you will see this time slot become a standard every year and even expand from there.

I go to church and still watch the games. I just dvr the game and watch it when I get back. But I could see it becoming a dilemma if you had season tickets. I guess you would have to dvr church then.

Here we go.

Just moments away.

God Save the Queen (and the Jags too please)

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

So how are you guys finding breakfast & football? Kinda strange feeling for me watching an NFL game at what you guys would consider a normal timeslot of 13:30

It feels kind of strange for me too.

I've never watched an NFL game at 9:30 am. EVER.

I wonder how they feel in Las Vegas where it was a 6:30a.m. kickoff?

I'm sure a lot of them might as well not even go to sleep.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2014, 10:23 AM by hendershot.)

I think Joe Buck is blind. In a span of about five minutes, he didn't see a guy fumble, thought a pass incompletion that was clearly out of bounds was caught for a reception, and then thought the Lions were kicking a field goal when they were clearly punting. Maybe it's the jet lag...
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:I think Joe Buck is blind. In a span of about five minutes, he didn't see a guy fumble, thought a pass incompletion that was clearly out of bounds was caught for a reception, and then thought the Lions were kicking a field goal when they were clearly punting. Maybe it's the jet lag...
What are you hanging out with him? Because I'm pretty sure he is on the other side of the world in San Francisco right now. It would be quite the feat if he was able to finish up announcing a world series game at 12am in San Francisco and then was able to fly all the way to London to announce a game that starts at 930am.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2014, 10:32 AM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:I think Joe Buck is blind. In a span of about five minutes, he didn't see a guy fumble, thought a pass incompletion that was clearly out of bounds was caught for a reception, and then thought the Lions were kicking a field goal when they were clearly punting. Maybe it's the jet lag...

lol, I think it's Thom Brennaman, but, yeah, I heard and saw the same things, especially the sideline catch when Tate was knocked out of bounds with clearly only 1 foot in and he said nice completion.

As Peyton Manning would say "not his best day"

Quote:What are you hanging out with him? Because I'm pretty sure he is on the other side of the world in San Francisco right now. It would be quite the feat if he was able to finish up announcing a world series game at 12am in San Francisco and then was able to fly all the way to London to announce a game that starts at 930am.

OK substitute Brenneman for Buck then. He's not good.

Tough break for Fairley there. Didn't look good.

Mathis just ran the entire field with a pick 6 but it might be taken off the board.

HOLY @#%^%$##$%^&&^%$#@!@#$%^%$#

Yeah, that was PI on Mathis.

That was about as exciting a non-play as you will ever see in the NFL.

Wow, this Detroit defense is ranked first in the league? Today, not so much. Against a banged up Atlanta Oline no less.

Quote:Wow, this Detroit defense is ranked first in the league? Today, not so much. Against a banged up Atlanta Oline no less.

Yep, the ATL came to play today.

I have Joique Bell playing today in one of my fantasy leagues. Yikes!

Detroit was favored by 3 1/2 pts today.

Those who took ATL and the points are looking real good right now.

Quote:I have Joique Bell playing today in one of my fantasy leagues. Yikes!

3 carries for 7 yards.  My FF opponent has him playing today.  :yes:

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Should probably move the Falcons to London.

This game might be over. I don't see Detroit mounting a comeback here but I hope they at least make it interesting in the second half. This could be snoozefest the rest of the way.