Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WR Deep Routes

Anyone else notice when we had one-on-one outside coverage and zone being played in the middle that the receivers ran a post pattern into potential coverage? It's obvious that was the play call because Bortles always went to the opposite side with the pass. I kept asking why is the receiver not faking the route inside and going to the corner, where there would be 1-on-1?  I'm not buying Fisch's assessment that the receivers are rookies and the down field plays aren't there. I suspect the goal was to allow Bortles to see the field better rather than the receivers misreading the route, but every time this resulted in forced throws into double coverage away from the 1-on-1 opportunity. To me it appears they are trying to limit Bortles' opportunities to throw down field by the hard routes and are creating situations where Bortles forces a play.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Idk but Shorts beat Haden a couple times on deep passing routes. Seemed like when it happened though, Bortles didn't get the pass off.

Quote:Idk but Shorts beat Haden a couple times on deep passing routes. Seemed like when it happened though, Bortles didn't get the pass off.
 Yes - saw that. That's what should have occurred the every time. 

But then again when he does put up a 1v1 type ball on the outside Hurns or Robinson get beat to the ball or dont sell the route.

I do see what you are saying and its a OC issue. I have an issue with us seemingly never using seam routes against cover 2 like every team does to us. Especially with Lee and Shorts. Also would like to see some deepcomebacks too.

Part of the whole WR issue, the Jags still do not have a true No. 1 WR.

Honestly, if I were the Jags, I would seriously consider trading a conditional 3rd (could be conditional based on starts or on team next year) or 4th round pick for Vincent Jackson in Tampa Bay. It is $10 million salary this year and next, but all non-guaranteed and they will be forced to use some of that cap anyways. Jackson is 32, but has a few seasons as a legitimate No. 1 WR left. He would legitimately make the rest of the offense better.

Quote:Part of the whole WR issue, the Jags still do not have a true No. 1 WR.

Honestly, if I were the Jags, I would seriously consider trading a conditional 3rd (could be conditional based on starts or on team next year) or 4th round pick for Vincent Jackson in Tampa Bay. It is $10 million salary this year and next, but all non-guaranteed and they will be forced to use some of that cap anyways. Jackson is 32, but has a few seasons as a legitimate No. 1 WR left. He would legitimately make the rest of the offense better.

No way. Dude is too old. Thats a waste. We have receivers, they just need to develop. It takes rookies some time.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:But then again when he does put up a 1v1 type ball on the outside Hurns or Robinson get beat to the ball or don't sell the route.

I do see what you are saying and its a OC issue. I have an issue with us seemingly never using seam routes against cover 2 like every team does to us. Especially with Lee and Shorts. Also would like to see some deep comebacks too.

They did a lot of that today.

Quote:But then again when he does put up a 1v1 type ball on the outside Hurns or Robinson get beat to the ball or dont sell the route.

I do see what you are saying and its a OC issue. I have an issue with us seemingly never using seam routes against cover 2 like every team does to us. Especially with Lee and Shorts. Also would like to see some deepcomebacks too.

He threw most of his picks in previous games on comebacks.

But I was at the game and noticing the same thing. Everytime we have 1 on 1 coverage on the outside, we go to the opposite side where the coverage is. The only pick I wanted to kick BK5 in the nads for was the redzone pick where he tried to get his reciever involed instead of being selfish and picking up the first down or even the TD.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

I honestly think that some of this is down to inexperience from the (rookie) players and the coaches not wanting to stretch them too far at this stage in their development. Confidence will come into it too and it's amazing what a couple of wins can do...

Quote:I honestly think that some of this is down to inexperience from the (rookie) players and the coaches not wanting to stretch them too far at this stage in their development. Confidence will come into it too and it's amazing what a couple of wins can do...

Running a deep route does nothing but stretch the defense. These guys maybe "rookies" but they have been playing "receiver" for a while now. Im sure they can run a deep route because they have ran it before.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

I miss basic square in/out cut routes.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Triangle, square, smart route, comeback

X, drop back, square, First Down!

No huddle, same thing